Follow

Black Lightning

Character » Black Lightning appears in 995 issues.

Jefferson Michael Pierce aka Black Lightning, is a teacher and former Olympic Gold Medal-winning athlete. He fights crime using his electrokinetic powers.

Black Lightning's 'black' lightning.....?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Static Shock

Ever since the end of his battle with Geo-Force in Outsiders #28, Black Lightning has been manifesting lightning of a black color. It appears to be pretty powerful. After all, Black Lightning leveled a small town/village with it, and in Outsiders #30, he destroyed Geo-Force's plane with one-shot with this form of lightning. What I'm trying to figure out is how he's able to manifest this lightning, and what became the cause of it.

As you can see, I haven't read issue #29, and I only skimmed through #30 just to see him blow up that plane. I'm too lazy to read up on him right now.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Strafe Prower
    @Static Shock:
    Well, let me re read my comics to make sure I explain correctly and I will get back to you on this
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Thanks, buddy.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Strafe Prower

From what It looks like, while in the midst of battle, Geo-Force is beating him into the ground and telling him that he is a joke and that he is a failure as a father and other things that really makes BL mad. I guess this allowed him to access a new level of power, which he didn't have before, hence the change in color. Now to me, it looks like that has something to do with his anger at Geo-Force. It hasn't been explained further as of 31, but my speculation is that either BL just evolved in power level, or is being enchanced by something/someone. It's not clear at the moment. 

I hope this helps a little.

Zniperking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Zniperking

I wasn't sure at first about the issue with black lightning vs geo force. I saw the previews of it but now I think I will start reading this series does anyone know which issue or trade to start

Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mr Creesy
    @Strafe Prower said:
    "

From what It looks like, while in the midst of battle, Geo-Force is beating him into the ground and telling him that he is a joke and that he is a failure as a father and other things that really makes BL mad. I guess this allowed him to access a new level of power, which he didn't have before, hence the change in color. Now to me, it looks like that has something to do with his anger at Geo-Force. It hasn't been explained further as of 31, but my speculation is that either BL just evolved in power level, or is being enchanced by something/someone. It's not clear at the moment. 

I hope this helps a little.

"
    Does Black Lightning still project this black lightning?  Was it ever explained how he became so powerful?
    Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Strafe Prower
    @Mr Creesy:
    No, it's like that was completely forgotten. The writers have been crappy though, so I don't expect anything less.
    Mr Creesy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Mr Creesy
    @Strafe Prower:  Thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.