Follow

Black Lantern Corps

Team » Black Lantern Corps appears in 175 issues.

The Black Lantern Corps are part of the emotional spectrum. They are composed of re-animated bodies of former heroes, villains and even normal people from all across the DC Universe. Harvesting the black light of death, they have the power to raise the dead.

My thoughts on the Black Lanterns

Darth-Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Darth-Spidey

I've been reading the Blackest Night mini-series, the tie-ins, AND the BN Batman, Flash, and WW mini-series, and I can say without a doubt that it is my absolute favorite DC story ever (Batman: Hush is a close second).  As it is, the Black Lanterns are awesome villains....and they are such unbelievable jerks!  Anyway, here's a list of the Main Black Lanterns I know about, plus my thoughts on them.  

Martian Manhunter-Pretty Cool
    Hawkman-It's Hawkman, but he's OK as a Black Lantern
    Hawkgirl-Better then her male counterpart as always
    Firestorm II-Awesome!  He's such a sadistic bastard as a Black Lantern. I love it!
    Elongated Man-Now more hideous (and stupid) then ever
    Sue Dibny-Not much better then her husband
    Aquaman-Awesome.  I LOVE Black Lantern Aquaman! 
    Tempest-I never liked Tempest.  I was pleased when Attrocitus teared him to shreds
    The Graysons and the Drakes-This here is proof that the Black Lanterns are ass-holes
    Dr. Light-Should be renamed Dr. Darkness, but no less awesome  
    Vibe-A complete idiot as always, but here, he's a dangerous one 
    Commander Steel-I know too little about the character to say 
    Zatara-Emosewa dna ssadab!
    Professor Zoom-Kick-ass.  Long live the Reverse Flash!  
    Captain Boomerang-Eh....
    Maxwell Lord-Badass.  It's payback time! 
    Earth 2 Superman-He's no Superman Prime, but as far as Evil Supermen go, he's OK 
    Jade-Sweet.  Nice to see that she's still hot, even as a Black Lantern. 
    Ch'p-I always hated that stupid squirrel.  Worst DC character ever.  Being a Black Lantern dose not change that. 
    Jean Loring-Well, she was always evil, so... 
    Golden Age Atom-Pretty Cool, but I don't know much about the character 
    Golden Age Doctor Fate-Really Cool.  I've always loved Doctor Fate, and a Black Lantern Dr. Fate is kick-ass  
    The Spectre-Badass.  The Black Lanterns ace-in-the-hole and (not counting Nekron and Black Hand) their most powerful member. It took Parallax to stop him.
    The Question-Noooo!!! I HATED that the Question died!  He's too cool!  I hate that Renee Montoya replaced him! That's stupid! Vic Sage is cooler then she is!
    Azrael-Pretty Cool, I have to say.  Azrael is way underrated, so its nice to see him as a Black Lantern. 
    Black Mask-Catwoman's in trouble now.... 
    Ravager-Very cool.  And I also agree with him.  Jericho IS such a baby. 
    Abin Sur-I've always liked Abin Sur well enough.  And after years of being the Uncle Ben of the GLC, he's finally done justice 
    Batman-This was one of the best parts of the story.  He should have stuck around longer. 
    harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By harleyquinn12

Nice! Yeah Hawkgirl and Jean Loring were so awesome as BLs!
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By MrMiracle77

When you've got 70 years of comic history to fall back on, there's no shortage of cool, dead characters to use in a situation like Blackest Night.

Darth-Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Darth-Spidey

Yeah, but the less Pre-Crisis characters they bring back the better.  Although Zatara WAS pretty awesome as a Black Lantern....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.