Follow

Black Lantern Corps

Team » Black Lantern Corps appears in 175 issues.

The Black Lantern Corps are part of the emotional spectrum. They are composed of re-animated bodies of former heroes, villains and even normal people from all across the DC Universe. Harvesting the black light of death, they have the power to raise the dead.

"Green Lantern #43: Prologue To Blackest Night" Reviewed!

• 55 results
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

I had looked forward to this for a very long time, and I have to admit that I was not in the least bit disappointed! This is a fantastic book to pick up if you are interested in getting into the " Blackest Night" series. I felt that this book summed everything you need to know to introduce you to the very first Black Lantern. Vital to the collection of any comic book reader who is planning on  delving into the 'Blackest Night' series. Did you read it? Did you feel that it was necessary? Did you enjoy this book? Please feel free to share your thoughts and opinions! I look forward to hearing about what you guys think regarding the kick off to what looks to be a very promising series!
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By danhimself

I loved this book...the scene where he killed himself was awesome

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Darkchild
    @danhimself said:
    " I loved this book...the scene where he killed himself was awesome "
    yeah that was abdass
    Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @danhimself said:
    "I loved this book...the scene where he killed himself was awesome "

<------------------------------

:-P
    Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dreadmaster

I forgot to review this.

Goes to find it

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By No_Name_

I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that in order fully be a Black Lantern, he had to kill himself in order to do it. Not sure why he killed his family, though.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @Babs said:
    "I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that in order fully be a Black Lantern, he had to kill himself in order to do it. Not sure why he killed his family, though. "

he craves death possibly, i'm betting the emotion of the Black lanterns is Grief. just a possibilty.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By danhimself

so the way it sounds is that the Black Hand is the Black Lantern's Ion

also am I the only one who thinks that they're just teasing us with all this Bruce Wayne stuff and that Bruce Wayne is not coming back as a Black Lantern

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dreadmaster

I just can't wait for Blackest Night tommorow.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By No_Name_
    @dreadmaster said:

" @Babs said:

"I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that in order fully be a Black Lantern, he had to kill himself in order to do it. Not sure why he killed his family, though. "
    he craves death possibly, i'm betting the emotion of the Black lanterns is Grief. just a possibilty. "
    I don't know...I have to disagree. In the first page of the book, they discuss the cosmic revelations, highlighting verse 6 as "the lights of the emotional spectrum" and then go on to say "as the light rises, so shall the DARKNESS," indicating (at least to me) that this has nothing to do with the light spectrum, that it is off the spectrum and a new concept (independent and separate from the light of the other lanterns) completely. "An unknown Darkness with NO satiation. A darkness with NO life." I think this reads as, it has nothing to do with what the other lantern stand for. Not linked to any emotion, rather it is tied to nothingness, darkness, simply put; death. 
    HarryF25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By HarryF25

Babs should do more reviews, G Man watch your back

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @Babs said:
    "@dreadmaster said:

" @Babs said:

he craves death possibly, i'm betting the emotion of the Black lanterns is Grief. just a possibilty. "
    I don't know...I have to disagree. In the first page of the book, they discuss the cosmic revelations, highlighting verse 6 as "the lights of the emotional spectrum" and then go on to say "as the light rises, so shall the DARKNESS," indicating (at least to me) that this has nothing to do with the light spectrum, that it is off the spectrum and a new concept (independent and separate from the light of the other lanterns) completely. "An unknown Darkness with NO satiation. A darkness with NO life." I think this reads as, it has nothing to do with what the other lantern stand for. Not linked to any emotion, rather it is tied to nothingness, darkness, simply put; death.  "

That... Is a good explanation, death has no feelings or color, its just black, nothing. I'm thinking that the Black Lantern Corps' main job is to extigiush all life of color (other Lantern Corps) Nice call Babs.
    Xion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Xion

I cant wait to get my own copy.
    Ever since they said that Martian Manhunter was gonna come back as a Black Lantern I been excited to read it.This series is gonna be awesome :D

Phantim555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Phantim555

I can't wait to check out the blackest night series and not just because of the promo rings (Although they help) and while I never thought of the black lanterns motive I thing revenge against those who escaped death is a good idea. Kind of like a what's dead should stay dead kind of thing.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By No_Name_
    @Xion said:
    "

Ever since they said that Martian Manhunter was gonna come back as a Black Lantern I been excited to read it.This series is gonna be awesome :D

"
    Hell yes! J'onn Jones has been gone for far too long!
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iLLituracy

FEEL BETTER!!

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @Babs said:
    "@Xion said:
    "

"
    Hell yes! J'onn Jones has been gone for far too long! "

When did he die again?
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By No_Name_
    @iLLituracy said:
    " FEEL BETTER!! "
    Thank you! That was nice.

@dreadmaster said:
    " @Babs said:
    "@Xion said:
    "

"
    When did he die again? "
    Final Crisis
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#18  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Babs: I have a question, I'm hoping to pick up this issue tomorrow, but I was wondering if you have to read both Blackest Night and Green Lantern to understand the story? I will also add that I'm new the Green Lantern book - ps: Hope you get to feeling better Babs
    Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @Babs said:
    "@dreadmaster said:
    " @Babs said:
    "@Xion said:
    "

"
    When did he die again? "
    Final Crisis "

And that was a few months ago and your saying he's been gone far too long? Hmm, that works lol
    shugtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shugtastic

i thought this single issue was awesome.  i was surprised by how gory it was.  still quite awesome though.

i didn't know that jean loring was dead though.  how and when did that happen?

Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Citizen 14

Hmm. I'm going to the Comic Store tmrw. I'm for sure gonna pick this up.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By No_Name_
    @dreadmaster said:
    " @Babs said:
    "@dreadmaster said:
    " @Babs said:
    "@Xion said:
    "

"
    When did he die again? "
    Final Crisis "
    And that was a few months ago and your saying he's been gone far too long? Hmm, that works lol "
    I.E. I think they never should have killed him...

@War Killer said:
    " @Babs: I have a question, I'm hoping to pick up this issue tomorrow, but I was wondering if you have to read both Blackest Night and Green Lantern to understand the story? I will also add that I'm new the Green Lantern book - ps: Hope you get to feeling better Babs "
    Thank you for the get well soon wishes :D If you pick up this prologue issue which came out last week, I would imagine you would be okay. This book was a great introduction into the series and Geoff Johns gave a very cool background to what we can anticipate for the upcoming Green Lantern story arc. My advice to you, if you get lost, is to maybe check out the several pages on the site that we have that are centered around the different lantern corps. For example, check out the Yellow Lantern, Red lantern, and G reen lantern concept, team and character pages, skim them, and you should be all set. If you plan on picking up the first issue tomorrow, definitely try and pick up this one that I reviewed and read that first as it is sure to help in your understanding. Let me know how it goes!
    Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dreadmaster
    @Babs said:
    "@dreadmaster said:
    " @Babs said:
    "@dreadmaster said:
    " @Babs said:
    "@Xion said:
    "

"
    When did he die again? "
    Final Crisis "
    And that was a few months ago and your saying he's been gone far too long? Hmm, that works lol "
    I.E. I think they never should have killed him...

Oh and get well soon Babs :)
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By No_Name_
    @shugtastic said:
    " i thought this single issue was awesome.  i was surprised by how gory it was.  still quite awesome though.i didn't know that jean loring was dead though.  how and when did that happen? "
    I checked her page an it isn't clear, but supposedly after Eclipso posses her? Not sure
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Babs said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @Babs: I have a question, I'm hoping to pick up this issue tomorrow, but I was wondering if you have to read both Blackest Night and Green Lantern to understand the story? I will also add that I'm new the Green Lantern book - ps: Hope you get to feeling better Babs "
    Thank you for the get well soon wishes :D If you pick up this prologue issue which came out last week, I would imagine you would be okay. This book was a great introduction into the series and Geoff Johns gave a very cool background to what we can anticipate for the upcoming Green Lantern story arc. My advice to you, if you get lost, is to maybe check out the several pages on the site that we have that are centered around the different lantern corps. For example, check out the Yellow Lantern, Red lantern, and G reen lantern concept, team and character pages, skim them, and you should be all set. If you plan on picking up the first issue tomorrow, definitely try and pick up this one that I reviewed and read that first as it is sure to help in your understanding. Let me know how it goes! "
    Thank you for the advice, I will do my homework on those links and hopefully get that issue tomorrow, thanks again
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By No_Name_
    @danhimself said:
    " so the way it sounds is that the Black Hand is the Black Lantern's Ionalso am I the only one who thinks that they're just teasing us with all this Bruce Wayne stuff and that Bruce Wayne is not coming back as a Black Lantern "
    In order to come back as a Black Lantern, you have to be dead...but he isn't, is he? I agree. I think it's just a way to get people to buy the book. I don't think Bruce will return as a Black Lantern, even though it is mentioned in the book.
    shugtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By shugtastic
    @Babs:
    Jean Loring's "dead picture" makes it look like she's at the bottom of the sea.  craziness.  was she still possessed at the end of "Countdown"?
    Omg chris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Omg chris

awesome review like always babs hope you get better

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By No_Name_
    @shugtastic said:

" @Babs: Jean Loring's "dead picture" makes it look like she's at the bottom of the sea.  craziness.  was she still possessed at the end of "Countdown"? "

If I am not mistaken, I think she was (feel free to correct me, anyone!)
    deathswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By deathswitch
    @Babs said:
    " @danhimself said:
    " so the way it sounds is that the Black Hand is the Black Lantern's Ionalso am I the only one who thinks that they're just teasing us with all this Bruce Wayne stuff and that Bruce Wayne is not coming back as a Black Lantern "
    In order to come back as a Black Lantern, you have to be dead...but he isn't, is he? I agree. I think it's just a way to get people to buy the book. I don't think Bruce will return as a Black Lantern, even though it is mentioned in the book. "
    yes but what about the corpse in the batsuit?!
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Archetype

Yeah this was awesome...Black Lanterns are creepy as all get out (especially one Mr. Hand I can't get that image of him licking a skull out of my mind...ugh).I take the Black Lanterns to be the absence of emotion, such as when Black Hand killed his family and their dog and anything else he ever killed without remorse.They are definitely a malevolent force and I believe that when Black Hand is talking to his master,Antimonitor?, and he says "I want them all" he means everyone not just those who have escaped death, although technically I am sure everyone in the DCU has escaped death at one point or another given the crises and such.Can't wait for this to kick off though!
    @deathswitch said:

" @Babs said:
    " @danhimself said:
    In order to come back as a Black Lantern, you have to be dead...but he isn't, is he? I agree. I think it's just a way to get people to buy the book. I don't think Bruce will return as a Black Lantern, even though it is mentioned in the book. "
    yes but what about the corpse in the batsuit?!
    "
    I have often wondered that myself...hm...perhaps some feature unique to Darkseid's Omega Beams.I know that they aren't an exact weapon or anything besides the state he was in at the time wasn't natural...probably won't ever be explained in great detail.

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By glforthewin

she fell into the sea as elclipso with mary marvel during countdown to final crisis

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By danhimself
    @Babs said:
    "@danhimself said:

I've been thinking that they're going to try and turn the corpse into a black lantern but they'll fail....and that will get the ball started on people other than Tim trying to hunt down Bruce
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @glforthewin said:
    "she fell into the sea as elclipso with mary marvel during countdown to final crisis "

lol what?
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Archetype

Then again looking back at Final Crisis there is a panel where Darkseid says "Can you outrace the omega sanction? the death that is life" so I guess he kinda gave it away right there.Any further information on that event will obviously be presented when Bruce Wayne comes back.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By King_Saturn
    It was pretty good... I am looking forward to more of what The Blackest Night has in store though
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By No_Name_
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " @glforthewin said:
    "she fell into the sea as elclipso with mary marvel during countdown to final crisis "
    lol what? "
    She fell into the sea while posessed by Eclipso with Mary Marvel during the Countdown to Final Crisis
    Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38  Edited By Nahero

i read it last week it was very awesome when i saw Atrocitus in the book

and loved the prologue no doubt about it

and i hope you get better babs

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

i'm waiting to get a ring

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Media_Master

I need to pick this up ASAP!!!

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Rothschild
    @Babs said:

I think the ring feeds off death... and in some secret societies and orders, the ultimate act of faith and loyalty is to not only kill yourself, but those closest to you... This is to ensure that nobody comes before the order as they are now youre only "family"... Its also insurance because your foes cant use anything to blackmail/exploit you with.
    Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

I don't know what's wrong with this videos format, but it froze my computer.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By shanana

I loved it, i liked how it showed the background of William Hand, and his childhood and his early interactions with the Lanterns. I ALSO liked the the pages where it showed those who had died, it was just a awesome comic.

Whiskyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Whiskyjack

Really enjoyed the issue. It definatly left me  wanting more. Well writen. Thank you for the excellent review.

Obsurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By Obsurity
    @Babs said:
    "@dreadmaster said:

" @Babs said:

I don't know...I have to disagree. In the first page of the book, they discuss the cosmic revelations, highlighting verse 6 as "the lights of the emotional spectrum" and then go on to say "as the light rises, so shall the DARKNESS," indicating (at least to me) that this has nothing to do with the light spectrum, that it is off the spectrum and a new concept (independent and separate from the light of the other lanterns) completely. "An unknown Darkness with NO satiation. A darkness with NO life." I think this reads as, it has nothing to do with what the other lantern stand for. Not linked to any emotion, rather it is tied to nothingness, darkness, simply put; death.  "

I've been following this series for quite some time. I'm thrilled that I was able to read the issue before watching the review. I hope you feel better Babs. I

absolutely loved this issue. I thought the writing was on par with the artwork. It had a morbit feel to it. I agree that black probably represents a void of all things as opposed to being associated to an emotion. I think if any emotion is expressed by a black lantern it would stem from the remnants of who they were. I think Black Hand will seek out people such as Superman, Hal Jordan ect. Since it's a GL comic I think the focus will be on Hal even though other series will get a blackest night tie in. Notice in the panel where they show the people that have died Bruce wasn't included. The cover better be a gimmick, lol....

Stealthfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Stealthfart
    Read 2nd paragraph for important warning!

I think this storyline will rock!  I think Bruce's corpse may be used as a Black Lantern or Geoff Johns has another plan for his body.  Bruce is not technically dead, if you understand the Omega Beams, but I think it will touched on in the Blackest Night: Batman issues on whether or not the corpse will come into play.

If you have not yet seen the whole Blackest Night issue list, do not look for it if you don't want to be spoiled, because the titles give an indication as to where this story may lead and how it may turn out.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Babs said:
    "@DEGRAAF said:
    " @glforthewin said:
    lol what? "
    She fell into the sea while posessed by Eclipso with Mary Marvel during the Countdown to Final Crisis "

no i get that, i asked what bc i didnt see whet that is a comment or answer for. Who fell in to the sea while posessed by eclipso
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I just got the book today and I enjoyed it, I'm still wondering if I should pick up Blackest Night as well? I would have picked up #1, but I forgot it even came out Today :(

Pheeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pheeke

it sounds really cool i wanna buy this and get into the story, i love a good written darker story.

I also think thats whats going to happen and it sounds cool, getting those who escaped death ;) 
    thanx for the review. 
    Citizen 14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Citizen 14

I got it today, along with Blackest Night #1, and Utopia: Chapter 3. I loved it. I loved my ring too. The seen where he kills his family and then himself was epic. This was an awesome comic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.