Blackest Night Promotional Ring With Blackest Night #1

• 58 results
Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio

This week Blackest Night #1 is out.  Participating retailers will be giving you a chance to join the Black Lantern Corps when you pick up the issue.  How is this possible?  What am I talking about? 

When you buy the issue, you can a FREE Black Lantern ring with the issue.  According to Rich Johnston, they are a higher quality than what DC has given out in the past with certain Green Lantern issues.

Don't just assume you'll be able to get one just by showing up at your local comic shop.  I would suggest calling them in advance and find out if they're getting them, how many are they getting and (possibly) could they hold one for you.  I'm sure even though DC would frown upon it, some retailers might try to sell them (whether it's in store on or ebay). 

Good luck and happy hunting.
Staff
#1 Posted by inferiorego (21111 posts) - - Show Bio

I found it at work yesterday and wore it all day. It's awesome.

Staff
#2 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

lol im not ussually in to all that kind of memorobillia but i will try and get one of these

#3 Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" I found it at work yesterday and wore it all day. It's awesome. "
Looks like a certain store I know will have one less ring for the public...
Staff
#4 Posted by inferiorego (21111 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
" @inferiorego said:
" I found it at work yesterday and wore it all day. It's awesome. "
Looks like a certain store I know will have one less ring for the public... "
Sadly, I put it back. Although I work there, I won't officially take a ring until I buy it on Wednesday or Thursday.
Staff
#5 Posted by dondasch (926 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to the issue.  The ring is an added and fun bonus

#6 Posted by HarryF25 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope they are at my store, but i doubt it, the store is small and in England so it never gets anything like this :(

#7 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. Whatta great bonus!

#8 Posted by shugtastic (46 posts) - - Show Bio

i just called my LCS and they have them!  i am SO excited for that! the guy that works there told me that they are of a MUCH higher quality than the rings that DC usually gives away (like the Green Lantern ring and Flash ring that was given away at conventions for the last few years).  this is going to be AWESOME!

#9 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i called my LCS and they said they are pretty sure they are getting them in but wasnt sure if they were being sold with the comic or if they were of any better quality as the "crappy" ones sold not to long ago. that is how they described them

#10 Posted by kittenpride (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm calling my store right now!

or I'll go to Frank and Sons....

#11 Posted by Shanana (52807 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't get a RING!

GRRRRRRRR

#12 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this issue coming out this Wed. ?

#13 Posted by inferiorego (21111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
" Is this issue coming out this Wed. ? "
yes
Staff
#14 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they don't have the little break in the bottom like the convention Flash rings.

#15 Posted by YONY (29 posts) - - Show Bio

dude i just had a nerdgasm cant wait til weds, my comic shop have one reserved for me.

#16 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
"@Bruce Vain said:
yes "

Thanks
#17 Posted by War Killer (19865 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds cool, I wonder if they'll make all of the Lantern Corps rings and send them out with diffrent books?

#18 Posted by inferiorego (21111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain said:
" @inferiorego said:
"@Bruce Vain said:
yes "
Thanks "
no problem. I'm really excited. The last issue of GL was amazing, I can't wait to see how this story plays out
Staff
#19 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

oh god I want one, and i'm willing to kill to get it

#20 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
"@Bruce Vain said:
" @inferiorego said:
"@Bruce Vain said:
yes "
Thanks "
no problem. I'm really excited. The last issue of GL was amazing, I can't wait to see how this story plays out "

Same here man...ever since Geoff Johns brought back Hal the series just keeps getting better & better. What with the Sinestro Corps war, the expansion of other Corps and now with the Black Hand Corps having former friends being members.
#21 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" This sounds cool, I wonder if they'll make all of the Lantern Corps rings and send them out with diffrent books? "
I really hope so. Thats almost one per finger. (if they includes green.) That'd look gansta. lol
#22 Posted by War Killer (19865 posts) - - Show Bio
@Citizen 14 said:
"@War Killer said:
" This sounds cool, I wonder if they'll make all of the Lantern Corps rings and send them out with diffrent books? "
I really hope so. Thats almost one per finger. (if they includes green.) That'd look gansta. lol "
I've just really want a Green Lanern ring for some reason now
#23 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
" @Citizen 14 said:
"@War Killer said:
I really hope so. Thats almost one per finger. (if they includes green.) That'd look gansta. lol "
I've just really want a Green Lanern ring for some reason now "
Me too. I want em all. They can match my clothes. lol. more than different one per day per week.
#24 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i wouldnt go that far. i would and will never wear them i would just like to have one of each in a showcase box, as long as they are high quality and dont look like they were made in some guys garage with a soldering kit

#25 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

I HOPE THEY DO COME PACKAGED!!!! I'm goin at 11 am...The new comics come in at 11 30... I want it!!

#26 Posted by NightFang (9817 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll kill someone for that ring, wait.

#27 Edited by blade hunter (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

will comic stores in england be giving out rings? or will it just be in america.

#28 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

i want one so bad

#29 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio
I wouldnt mine having one
#30 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

im totally getting one

#31 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

this is awesome!!!

#32 Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio
@blade hunter: said:
" will comic stores in england be giving out rings? or will it just be in america. "
I'd say call up your local shop.
Staff
#33 Edited by King Hyperion (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

I've already got one on hold for me along with a copy of Blackest Night. I also got to try on the Promo Ring my LCS had, I wasn't allowed to take it with me, it was just for customers to try on and feel the power of The Black Lantern Corps! Best of all...it can change size to fit your finger. I mean I have quite a large middle finger and when I put it on I thought the Ring wasn't going to fit because it was so tight but then suddenly it loosened up and I was like "Hell, yes! I HAVE THE POWER!!!" Then of course I put the Ring next to my temple and pretended to do this so that it'd "work better" (because you know in the comics you gotta be dead in order for them to work):

Needless to say those Rings are awesome! I can't wait until I get mine Wednesday!
#34 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio

Tomorrow 11 am... I'm gonna be in the shop picking up my stuff... Bl#1 Bl Tales of the corp and Titans #15... I'll be ultra heated if I dont get a ring...

#35 Posted by Futureman (11 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain:  I never thought they should've gotten rid of Hal for 10 years. He is clearly the character that gives the series life.
#36 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Futureman:
I'm in total agreement with you . For a long time I didn't like Kyle Rayner cause he wasn't the Green Lantern to me. Hal was the true Green Lantern, but then I started to like Kyle when Hal was gone.

But Hal's back and better then ever. =)
#37 Posted by Phantim555 (229 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rothschild:
Where do you live I know of a few stores in my hometown that will have them
#38 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14399 posts) - - Show Bio

to the comic shop tomorrow to see if in luck

#39 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phantim555 said:
"@Rothschild: Where do you live I know of a few stores in my hometown that will have them "

Sacramento
#40 Posted by The Sharp Dressed Lady (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds good. Does anyone know how many ring models DC has out now? Quality ring models, anyway. A Green, Sinestro, Flash, Legion... ??

#41 Edited by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Sharp Dressed Lady said:
"Sounds good. Does anyone know how many ring models DC has out now? Quality ring models, anyway. A Green, Sinestro, Flash, Legion... ?? "

They have an entire set  I belive, I've seen it somewhere it was just GL universe though... My Fault they arent quality but i'll post them up anyways...

#42 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

i got a BL ring i got a BL ring

hope people get theirs too

#43 Posted by Rothschild (1311 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nahero said:
"i got a BL ring i got a BL ringhope people get theirs too"

Dude... So does that make Us BL's? ;) j/k
#44 Posted by Overmax (23 posts) - - Show Bio

The basic ring is pretty cool, but if you feel up for some modifying you can step it up from pretty cool to awesome.
First up, put a drop of superglue in the gap that allows the ring to bend around thicker fingers. Hold it shut (and with the ends lining up) for a bit and the glue will get a good hold. Leave it for a while and it'll be a proper ring. However, before you do this, put it on and see if it can be held shut over your finger without it being too tight. My fingers are about average, I think, and it fits fine.
Next, take a simple silver marker and carefully color the raised logo. It's fairly easy to do it without marking the rest, just takes a feather touch.
The finished product is, as promised, awesome

#45 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overmax said:
" The basic ring is pretty cool, but if you feel up for some modifying you can step it up from pretty cool to awesome.First up, put a drop of superglue in the gap that allows the ring to bend around thicker fingers. Hold it shut (and with the ends lining up) for a bit and the glue will get a good hold. Leave it for a while and it'll be a proper ring. However, before you do this, put it on and see if it can be held shut over your finger without it being too tight. My fingers are about average, I think, and it fits fine.Next, take a simple silver marker and carefully color the raised logo. It's fairly easy to do it without marking the rest, just takes a feather touch.The finished product is, as promised, awesome "
hmmm....

pics?
#46 Posted by G-Man (30304 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nahero said:
" i got a BL ring i got a BL ringhope people get theirs too "
I actually didn't get one.  My comic shop didn't order them. DC is making shop owners PAY for them to GIVE away.  With the economy the way it is, I don't blame my store for not ordering it.  Buuuut if anyone has a spare you'd like to send my way...our mailing address is on the HELP page...
Staff
#47 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope i am able to get one

#48 Edited by Overmax (23 posts) - - Show Bio

As you can see, it's WELL worth it.
Just make sure it'll fit you after you glue the ring shut. Coloring the logo isn't hard, just use fairly fine tipped marker. I accidently hit the rim once or twice with the marker, but I scraped it off with my fingernail.
#49 Posted by deadkid (32 posts) - - Show Bio

i want the ring too.it's so highly detailed. and is totally awesome.

#50 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Overmax said:
"

As you can see, it's WELL worth it.Just make sure it'll fit you after you glue the ring shut. Coloring the logo isn't hard, just use fairly fine tipped marker. I accidently hit the rim once or twice with the marker, but I scraped it off with my fingernail."

lol good idea, i first saw that and was thinking to my self " hey mine didnt come with color on it"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.