Black Lanterns Powers?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly are the Black Lanterns Powers? I mean there rings work differently then normal lanterns rings so there powers should be different? I mean can they make constructs like other lanterns?In all the comic I seen with Black Lanterns in them I never saw them use a construct?
#2 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Power Ring are able to animate the dead. In order to power their rings they must consume the hearts of living people.  
They are almost invulnerable to all harm as their ring heals them from all damage. They can also bite a victim and cause them to die slowly. 
Also, if the bearer of a Black Lantern Ring had other abilities before their death they are able to keep those as well. For example when Martian Manhunter 
was resurrected he still had all of his abilities those who driven to kill. They are also able to see the emotional spectrum within a sentient being. 

For more info. CLICK

#3 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3483 posts) - - Show Bio

They're basically zombies that use the likenesses of the reanimated in order to evoke emotions out of the living. If the dead being had special powers while alive, the undead avatar also has that power. Beyond body regeneration, that's the extent of their powers.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

They are capable of constructs thought hardly any of the Black Lanterns ever used them...off the top of my head Arnold Wesker making a Scarface construct is the only real example I can think of

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.