The Orgin Of THe Black Cat

#1 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought that the orgin behind this character was really intresting "and not her in comic story". Orginally Storm was the Black Cat and was designed by Cockrum as a legion of superheros character. However, since he was discovered by Marvel they became X-Men instead. The reason this wasn't Storm was because of Tigra and they thought the two were to similar so Storm was invented instead. The character was then later revived as a Spider-Man character. So without Tigra we wouldn't have Storm or the Black Cat and that would be a shame. Just thought I would share that ^_^

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Woman was created just so Marvel could have the character name before DC or something. They just plucked an origin that was potentially going to be used for Wolverine (an animal evolved to the point of being human) and gave it to her instead. I gotta say thank God for that. It was such a stupid idea they retconned it from Spider-Woman as well.

#3 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceIMC: Thank goodness for bad ideas that are corrected to make good ones.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.