McAdams Says "No" To Black Cat Rumor And More

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel McAdams denies rumors; talks of Spidey's baby in upcoming film

Recently we reported that Rachel McAdams (The Notebook, Wedding Crashers) was rumored to take on the role of Black Cat in the upcoming Spider Man 4 film. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, McAdams addressed the rumor of whether or not she will be starring as Felicia Hardy in the upcoming Spider-Man movie with a big fat "no."

"That's a total rumor, I have to say," said McAdams. "I was hanging out in Toronto the other day and someone came up to me and said, 'I just heard you're doing Spider-Man 4.' And I said, 'Really? No one told me! It's not true."

Is it possible that McAdams is being secretive about the role, or is she really not in the running after-all? Either way, I think the general consensus among fans continues to be that the idea of a Black Cat character opposite Peter Parker would be fun to see in the upcoming movie.

While the rumors regarding McAdams may be squashed (for now,) it appears that there is another that has been brewing as a result of a recent casting call. According to SpoilerTv, the people behind the upcoming Spider-Man film have put out a public casting call specifically for a baby boy with red hair. 

Spider-Man 4 - Official Casting Call for Baby Boy with Red Hair

[TODDLER BOY]

2 or 3 year old boy to play 2 year old, Caucasian with RED HAIR, an adorable toddler with an engaging personality, on set experience preferred. IDENTICAL TWINS ONLY

Who else has red hair? Why, Mary Jane Watson, of course! Could it be that Mary Jane will have a bun in the oven in the next film? What do you think? What would you like to see?
#1 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2089 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Peter and MJ to get married, and I would like to see stan lee as a major character

#2 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said this before and I shall say it again.
 Melissa George as Black Cat.  ;) 

#3 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
"

[TODDLER BOY]

2 or 3 year old boy to play 2 year old, Caucasian with RED HAIR, an adorable toddler with an engaging personality, on set experience preferred. IDENTICAL TWINS ONLY

Who else has red hair? Why, Mary Jane Watson, of course! Could it be that Mary Jane will have a bun in the oven in the next film? What do you think? What would you like to see? "
Cletus Kasady has red hair... could be a flash back!
#4 Posted by Bergquist (695 posts) - - Show Bio

i hate all the spiderman movies 
#5 Posted by hero vs. villian (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Why be worried about the Black cat, get a better Mary Jane!!!
#6 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Baby will be Kurt Conners son.

As for McAdams, although shes top of their "favorites" list, does not mean they asked her yet or even auditioned her.

#7 Posted by danhimself (22578 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe it will be a Spider-baby and the next movie will be called Spider-man Returns....we can only hope

#8 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3556 posts) - - Show Bio

This is looking more silly with every bit of news we hear about this movie.

#9 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
Oh. No big deal
#10 Edited by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, Mary Jane and Peter start to hate each other more and more as the films go on. Anyway, I think Ali Larter from Heroes could be Felicia. Or (God forbid) they'll choose Megan Fox like people are suggesting for every god damn role!
#12 Edited by welshguy (197 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, good. The inclusion of a baby. That's... meh 
Unfortunately, if people show me their babies the best I can come up with is "yup, that's a baby all right" so I'm not going to get excited or interested in this development
Anyone else not give a monkey's about Spiderman 4? (For those not aware, not giving a monkey's is British slang for not caring. Don't ask how it came about because I don't know, seriously. Is it used in America? Ah, that's a whole new discussion) I for one think the rest of Spidey's villains are all a bit lame and doubt very much even a movie could improve them

#13 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
@bergquist said:
" i hate all the spiderman movies  "
SAMEEEE!!!!!

spider-baby?? is this a joke?!
#14 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really know how much we can trust anymore.

#15 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" @Babs said:
"

[TODDLER BOY]

Who else has red hair? Why, Mary Jane Watson, of course! Could it be that Mary Jane will have a bun in the oven in the next film? What do you think? What would you like to see? "
Cletus Kasady has red hair... could be a flash back! "
We can only hope.
#16 Posted by RoninKane (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopfully its for a flashback, I hate when they introduce kids into sequels esspecially in spiderman which has got too much BS drama between Peter and MJ as it is. 

#17 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant X said:
" @sora_thekey said:
" @Babs said:
"

[TODDLER BOY]

Cletus Kasady has red hair... could be a flash back! "
We can only hope. "

Yeah Well when X3 was being made I HOPED it would be a good movie..... look were that got me!
#18 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder who the baby could be... 

#19 Posted by Thor'sHammer (67 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Welshguy:

across the pond we say, we don't give a rat's a**

#20 Posted by Band Lone (1789 posts) - - Show Bio

Red hair? Ummmm... I don't see a need to go back to MJ's past now.. We needed a flash back in the first movie while Aunt May was quoting Peter saying "Aunt May! Aunt May! Is that an Angel?" That's when we needed something like that. But why now? 

Bun in the oven?! Superman returns here we go......I think they are making a mistake if MJ has a child... Besides I don't want the whole MJ thing again! Is boring already, three films with the same old damsel in distress thing..  

Carnage? I doubt it. The dude didn't want Venom why would he want Carnage? Carnage is (According to some people) far more deadlier and blood tirstier than Venom. Why would he want a rated R character in his film? Venom and Carnage are Rated R characters not PG13..  

I agree with the Melissa George comment FTW Black Cat must be in the next movie :D

#21 Posted by Fuloqwam (60 posts) - - Show Bio

The little boy is for a flashback.  This movie is about MJ revealing to Peter that she used to be a dude.  I read it on "KirstenDunstIsNotAgingWell.com" 

Okay seriously, I gotta think the red-haired boy is a minor part, because I can't think of a single character that fits that description, and MJ having a baby or a little brother is just stupid.  I'd like to think that Raimi saw "Superman Returns" and learned from it. 

No way is it Carnage, either.  Not only does he not fit in with the family-friendly movies, he was a HORRIBLY flat character.  Brian Bendis killed him off for a reason, and he's gonna stay dead.  Carnage perpetuated the notion that comics were mindless gore-fests, not meant for children, but rather people with mental handicaps.  

#22 Posted by NightFang (10074 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man a daddy, now that's interesting!

#23 Posted by G-Man (34946 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if the kid is just going to be Mary Jane's nephew.  I seem to recall MJ having an older sister with a couple kids.  The dad was a deadbeat and Mary Jane had to help take care of them until enough was enough and she bolted herself.

Staff
#24 Posted by rouju (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Did U guys happens to see some faux image (if it's faux indeed) about Eliza Dushku play the role for Black Cat?

#25 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

Eliza Dushku is ok but she doesn't fit the role or look the part imo.

#26 Posted by spider2dfly (230 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew it, Spider-Man will about the Clone Saga!!

#27 Posted by welshguy (197 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor'sHammer:
We too have that saying. Admittedly we tend to shout it and use a lot more profanity
#28 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

awww common Black cat would be awesome in the next spiderman film.
#29 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

@Band Lone said:

I agree with the Melissa George comment FTW Black Cat must be in the next movie :D "

Yay :D 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.