Follow

Black Cat

Character » Black Cat appears in 1399 issues.

Former cat burglar Felicia Hardy became a crime fighter when she became romantically attracted to and involved with Spider-Man. Felicia has the ability to instill "bad luck" around others - this comes in handy when fighting crime!

Black Cat strength

fred9101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By fred9101

According to Comic Vine, Black Cat is super strong. Can you tell me what books/series she has super strength? In the 1994's and 2010's series (Black Cat) she looks strong, but not super strong.

Shipwreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shipwreck

Marvel database as 800 pounds. But they tend to be a little out outrageous.

QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By QuasarPrime

But Marvel strength is nowhere like DC strength!  In DCU, even normal citizens are stronger than people in Marvel like Daredevil! 

BC fought Spider-Man quite well as well as others much stronger.  She does have some super-strength.  I think probably like 500 pounds, but 800 is good too.
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By MrUnknown

I wasn't aware that she had any super strength but I guess 800 pounds sounds pretty reasonable for a 110 pound woman.

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Duo_forbidden
    @MrUnknown: Same here. I thought it she had about average strength of someone who works out. But I read that her costume gives her the extra strength thanks to the Tinkerer.
    QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By QuasarPrime

Naw, BC has some real strength.   

When she first appeared, BC had the upper human level beyond that of an olympic-level athlete without any drug or mutant enhancement.  Maybe lifting 250-300 pounds.  She could do complicated splits, flips and springs with minimal to no effort.  She could do standing high jumps of 6 ft and standing broadjumps of 10 ft.  All of those examples take much strength.  She fought Spidey and other foes.  BC even took on a tall, beefy nurse, subdued the nurse and made her set her free.   

Somewhere down the road, maybe when her powers first manifested, she developed more feline-y powers and of course, some slight superhuman strength to go along with increased speed, agility, senses and durability. 

Remember, back in the day, Black Widow was said to be able to lift 300 pounds.  This was before the retcon of her Russian SSS and nowadays BW can lift 500 pounds. 
    HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By HexThis
    @MrUnknown said:
    I wasn't aware that she had any super strength but I guess 800 pounds sounds pretty reasonable for a 110 pound woman.
    Hahaha, if weight and height were any factor almost any superhero would be unrealistically strong.
    QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By QuasarPrime

I would love to see Black Cat fight Hellcat! 

Also, maybe the orgiginal Cat!
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Blood1991

I think shes modified to be weaker than Cap, but Stronger than Harley Quinn on the scale of modified humans. It depends really sometimes she's Hulkin it up and other times a random bad guy puch hurts her.
    BigTPotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By BigTPotts

tinkerer gave her costume enhancements right? balance earrings, & a costume that boosts strength. dont ask me how that is possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.