Black Cat strength

#1 Edited by fred9101 (106 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Comic Vine, Black Cat is super strong. Can you tell me what books/series she has super strength? In the 1994's and 2010's series (Black Cat) she looks strong, but not super strong.

#2 Posted by Shipwreck (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel database as 800 pounds. But they tend to be a little out outrageous.

#3 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

But Marvel strength is nowhere like DC strength!  In DCU, even normal citizens are stronger than people in Marvel like Daredevil! 

BC fought Spider-Man quite well as well as others much stronger.  She does have some super-strength.  I think probably like 500 pounds, but 800 is good too.
#4 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't aware that she had any super strength but I guess 800 pounds sounds pretty reasonable for a 110 pound woman.

#5 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown: Same here. I thought it she had about average strength of someone who works out. But I read that her costume gives her the extra strength thanks to the Tinkerer.
#6 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Naw, BC has some real strength.   

When she first appeared, BC had the upper human level beyond that of an olympic-level athlete without any drug or mutant enhancement.  Maybe lifting 250-300 pounds.  She could do complicated splits, flips and springs with minimal to no effort.  She could do standing high jumps of 6 ft and standing broadjumps of 10 ft.  All of those examples take much strength.  She fought Spidey and other foes.  BC even took on a tall, beefy nurse, subdued the nurse and made her set her free.   

Somewhere down the road, maybe when her powers first manifested, she developed more feline-y powers and of course, some slight superhuman strength to go along with increased speed, agility, senses and durability. 

Remember, back in the day, Black Widow was said to be able to lift 300 pounds.  This was before the retcon of her Russian SSS and nowadays BW can lift 500 pounds. 
#7 Posted by HexThis (916 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrUnknown said:
I wasn't aware that she had any super strength but I guess 800 pounds sounds pretty reasonable for a 110 pound woman.
Hahaha, if weight and height were any factor almost any superhero would be unrealistically strong.
#8 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Black Cat fight Hellcat! 

Also, maybe the orgiginal Cat!
#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I think shes modified to be weaker than Cap, but Stronger than Harley Quinn on the scale of modified humans. It depends really sometimes she's Hulkin it up and other times a random bad guy puch hurts her.
#10 Posted by BigTPotts (123 posts) - - Show Bio

tinkerer gave her costume enhancements right? balance earrings, & a costume that boosts strength. dont ask me how that is possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.