Follow

Black Cat

Character » Black Cat appears in 1398 issues.

Former cat burglar Felicia Hardy became a crime fighter when she became romantically attracted to and involved with Spider-Man. Felicia has the ability to instill "bad luck" around others - this comes in handy when fighting crime!

Black Cat *Meow*

Aria_belle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Aria_belle

I like the Black Cat that is fun, teasing, mysterious, strong, and independant. I think Kevin Smith wrote her very well in "The Evil that Men Do" I am not a fan of "Heroes for Hire" but I read most of them for Black Cat. I like that she wants to be more heroic but fights the side of her that loves the thrill of theivery. I want her and Spidey to be more than "Buddies" and as I was catching up on my Amazing Spiderman, was very diappointed when she was, yet again,  just toying with Pete's affection and only interested in the mask. I thought we had moved on from that and she realized she really liked the man and not just the Spider? 

Any one else out there like spunky Black Cat but with a little endearing Spider Love?
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crom-Cruach

great, it's another one of those threads...

Aria_belle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Aria_belle

Meaning? 

Is it wrong for me to be reading a comic and not like that yet again a characters attitude has been changed and want to post a Blog about it? (Its a Blog, says it in Parenthesis) 
    And what were you wanting? Whos gonna win in fight? Whos hotter? Why does she not try and control her Bad Luck Ability? ??? I'll save those for threads, not for my Blog.

anyways... if you don't like... don't post...
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Aria_belle said:
    " Meaning?"
    every week we get a thread where a viner blogs about how he wishes X character would start a relationship with Y character. They all end the same way.
    @Aria_belle said:
    " Is it wrong for me to be reading a comic and not like that yet again a characters attitude has been changed and want to post a Blog about it? "
    Not at all, blog away and welcome to the vine. But once you understand how the 2 big american companies work. You'll fine that as much as you may feel strongly about certain characters. Ultimately almost all desires for advancement will be sorely disappointed. 
    @Aria_belle said:
    "  anyways... if you don't like... don't post... "
    I have nothing against it. I just commented because it's like the 3rd this week.
    Aria_belle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aria_belle

I am not mooning over the "ah, they love each other" I am just putting it out there that I want to read my Black Cat to have a little more heart. In here minis they shouw Felicia as caring, not wanting to just be a thief but not wanting to give it up for the thril and the fact that she has her identity tied to it, but when she makes appearances in Amazing she is back to the self centered, all about her girl. I know it all involves differnet writers and this is a problem throughout the comic verse of differing viewpoints from the writers, artists, etc... but hey, I just wanted to state it out loud and hearing,  

@Crom-Cruach

said:

"great, it's another one of those threads... "

was not the clapper to my bell, or maybe it was...
    Sorry everyone, I don't mean to get on the rant. I guess, you wanna post, post, its an open forum and an open world. Have at it  

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Aria_belle said:
    " I am not mooning over the "ah, they love each other" I am just putting it out there that I want to read my Black Cat to have a little more heart. In here minis they shouw Felicia as caring, not wanting to just be a thief but not wanting to give it up for the thril and the fact that she has her identity tied to it, but when she makes appearances in Spectacular she is back to the self centered, all about her girl. I know it all involves differnet writers and this is a problem throughout the comic verse of differing viewpoints from the writers, artists, etc... but hey, I just wanted to state it out loud and hearing,  
         "
    Which is all cool. In fact readers should want that their characters evolve and become more complex. But the problem is DC and Marvel mainlines suffer from two problems that mean they always get dragged back to square one:
    1-Status Quo is god
    2-Nerd rage is stronger then any writer.

I also would like to see Black Cat go somewhere actually become more then just a seductress/thief that hangs around Spider-Man. But chances that will happen are very, very slim. Unless by some miracle, one of her series were to outsell main characters so much that Marvel might take a chance at getting somewhere. Something that even if it did happen would likely be ruined 2-3 years after it happened, if it did.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

I know the evenings are drawing in & the daylight hours are shorter now, but lets not be too grumpy.   

Black Cat is better as a fun character, but even the bubbly & light-hearted adventure-seekers need more depth.  However, I can't agree about THe Evil That Men Do.  It was too tense, too prolonged, too dark.  She didn't need her origin re-writing to include rape.  

Aria_belle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aria_belle

I liked the darker side, but most of all I just liked her. She felt more, normal in the Evil that Mean do, probably because it was from her POV where as in guest appearnaces it is from another. I enjoyed hearing what she was thinking. That is me though, I fell in love with the Black Cat from the cartoon when I was younger and then moved on to the comics which is the worng way to do it most times, but it the comics she is usually written in, as Crom-Cruach said, as the seductress, the third in the Spidey love triangle, and she is more than that, more than just a hot girl who steals stuff and makes men shift into overdrive, I liked to seeing that. 
    The new Mini is okay, but I want more Cat. 
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

you arnt alone.
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

I am a fan of Black Cat. :)

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By Illyana Rasputin
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "I know the evenings are drawing in & the daylight hours are shorter now, but lets not be too grumpy.   

Black Cat is better as a fun character, but even the bubbly & light-hearted adventure-seekers need more depth.  However, I can't agree about THe Evil That Men Do.  It was too tense, too prolonged, too dark.  She didn't need her origin re-writing to include rape.   "

I agree with that. The rape was unnecessary.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@xerox-kitty said:
    " I know the evenings are drawing in & the daylight hours are shorter now, but lets not be too grumpy.   

Black Cat is better as a fun character, but even the bubbly & light-hearted adventure-seekers need more depth.  However, I can't agree about THe Evil That Men Do.  It was too tense, too prolonged, too dark.  She didn't need her origin re-writing to include rape.   "
    Agreed, no need for her character to be retcon raped
    Joe_Amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Joe_Amazing
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir:  Yeah, I could've done without the "rape retcon".  Seems nowadays, writers add tragic BS like this as a means of making characters "deep".
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@xerox-kitty said:
    " I know the evenings are drawing in & the daylight hours are shorter now, but lets not be too grumpy.   

when did this happen and who did it?
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By Final Arrow
    @hydrabob:     she was date raped by her boyfriend, Ryan while at Uni
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Final Arrow said:

" @hydrabob:     she was date raped by her boyfriend, Ryan while at Uni "

Y? she seems like she has no problem giving it up (or maybe i'm just reading the wrong Black Cat stuff) 
    also whats Uni?
    Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By Final Arrow
    @hydrabob: University 
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I'm with you girl 
    I like Black Cat and Spidey together (: I think they make a great couple. 
    And she should be able to look past the mask by now. :/  

TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheSheepHerder
    @Illyana Rasputin said:
    " I am a fan of Black Cat. :) "

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.