Awesome Toy Picks: Black Cat and G.I. Joe Commander Hawk

Posted by G-Man (29414 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time once again to check out some of the coolest 'toys' you can get. Normally we look at one figure that is currently on sale along with one that you might have to do a little searching online in order to find it. This week we have a couple selections that can both be purchased today.

Our first selection is from Diamond Select Toys/Marvel Select, Black Cat (along with a peeping Spider-Man). This was released before but was made available again through Diamond Select. Check out our hands on look at Felicia Hardy.

You can check out an HD version of the video here.

If you're familiar with the Marvel Select Toys then you know they come with a lot. These aren't your typical action figures as some don't come with a lot of articulation and are more suited for being on display. Black Cat does have some articulation, you can move her head, arms, hands and legs. Spider-Man is a solid complete figure but is attached to the wall. Nice detail was given to the accessories. Just be sure to keep them locked up in the safe so you don't lose them.

Black Cat should be available online or at your local comic shop. The retail price for these tends to run around twenty bucks. A great deal for the detail you get.

== TEASER ==

Here's some more pics of Black Cat and Spidey. We updated with better lighting.

For our second selection this week, we have G.I. Joe Commander Hawk from Sideshow Collectibles. Sideshow puts in an insane amount of detail with their figures. This is the Sideshow Exclusive Edition and is a sixth scale figure. Check out our hands on look at Hawk in action.

You can check out an HD version here.

Hawk is a limited edition figure of 500. The cost is $134.99. You have so many possible positions and accessories you can use. You saw in the video everything that comes with it. If you want more information and are interested in getting one for yourself, check out Sideshow's website.

Now let's take another look at Hawk in action.

That's it for this week and for this year. Be sure to look for our next installment of Awesome Toy Picks. Happy New Year everyone!

Staff
#1 Posted by _Cain_ (23368 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#2 Edited by The Impersonator (4306 posts) - - Show Bio
A great deal for the detail you get.

Yeah....That's a lot of Black Cat's details there. =P

Is it me or does Commander Hawk looks quite like Bruce Willis? :P

#3 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha I like how Hawk salutes the ladies. That one is my favorite of the two, far more detail. Great stuff and Happy New Year to all!

#4 Posted by longbowhunter (5836 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Impersonator: Bruce Willis with Arnold Schawrzenegger hair circa 1991.

#5 Posted by Blizaga101 (840 posts) - - Show Bio

lol you need to stop stealing your daughters toys :P

#6 Posted by Gregomasta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

That black cat shouldn't be sold to kids.

#7 Posted by G-Man (29414 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gregomasta: Some toys these days say "adult collectors" or something. For $20 and limited playability, I'm not sure how many kids would want it. Unless they've reached that...certain point.

Staff
#8 Posted by ZombiePie (105 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@Gregomasta: Some toys these days say "adult collectors" or something. For $20 and limited playability, I'm not sure how many kids would want it. Unless they've reached that...certain point.

Let's just say that Black Cat looks vulvalicious! Boobtastic even.

#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

nice, ive always liked black cat :)

i also like g.i. joe

#10 Posted by The Stegman (20732 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey is a total peeper....

#11 Posted by SneakyBawls (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta assume that Hawk is getting a BJ from the last pic....LOL

#12 Posted by NightFang (9640 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Spidey is a total peeper....
#13 Posted by wwenmdc (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is there an Alec Baldwin action figure???

#14 Posted by TheRedRobin96 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool G.I. Joe. The Black Cat is kind of dumb, is it that hard for her to pull the zipper up just a little bit???

#15 Posted by kartron (415 posts) - - Show Bio

DC spiced up Catwoman n so Marvel did black cat!! The zip keeps going down for both eh?
The necklace on hand adds some fizz n the classic Spidey texture is real cool!!!

#16 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

What a creep Spidey.

#17 Posted by BigTPotts (120 posts) - - Show Bio

I soooooo want black cat!

#18 Posted by pinkdaizygirl (114 posts) - - Show Bio

he's totally looking at her ass...

#19 Posted by sweatboy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

in reply to that first video, yes i WOULD like to get my hands on the Black Cat. The stalking bit was..... anyway, (i really don't think Petey would do that but hey it's the Black Cat) and G-Man has Barbie dolls???

#20 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@sweatboy said:

in reply to that first video, yes i WOULD like to get my hands on the Black Cat. The stalking bit was..... anyway, (i really don't think Petey would do that but hey it's the Black Cat) and G-Man has Barbie dolls???

G-Man has a daughter =P
#21 Posted by Assassin_Elektra (40 posts) - - Show Bio

The face of Commander Hawk it pretty well detailed, although my pick of the two feature would be Black Cat. The figure is pretty cool, especially with the scene of Spidey peeping through the window. Haha.

#22 Posted by sweatboy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt: d'oooooh, right i forgot.

#23 Posted by JonesDeini (3616 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

Something about Felicia's facial molding just looks wrong to me. I think she looks a bit too old.

#24 Edited by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Breasts

#25 Edited by Gregomasta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

Yeah, clearly that black cat should have that. I think black cat and just about all comic book characters are fine as toys. It's just that version of black cat, giant titties mostly exposed and leather on top of dat ass, is a bit adult for 4-9 year olds. Just my 2 cents. I swear these toy makers get way into creating these toys. Still, I can't argue with any young boy wanting that black cat. Society is just oversexualized, probably. This is leading to another conversation. Awesome toys g-man.

#26 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

You really need to make Spider-Man check out Black Cat's butt? lol

#27 Posted by MannAlive (2 posts) - - Show Bio

My 4 yr old daughter loves the Black Cat from watching all the great Marvel cartoons streaming on Netflix, but I can't buy her a toy that's just a pair of tits. Having a daughter takes some of the wind out of comics for me, unfortunately, because when I see them through her eyes I start to see that women in comics aren't really respected as people. You have to be very forgiving and start making a lot of excuses for the medium.

#28 Posted by 1fearless1 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't dig the black cat. She looks like a GRANDMA. The only thing that's nice is the cleavage and the body but the face is UGLY. Get a different artist to do her face please. Her face ruined the figure.

#29 Posted by CBF_Webs (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@1fearless1 said:

Don't dig the black cat. She looks like a GRANDMA. The only thing that's nice is the cleavage and the body but the face is UGLY. Get a different artist to do her face please. Her face ruined the figure.

Yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.