Follow

Black Canary

Character » Black Canary appears in 3279 issues.

Dinah Lance was born into a family of crime fighters; her mother was a vigilante and her father is a cop. She grew up with the company of heroes, and after years of training, followed in her parent's footsteps by assuming the costume, identity, and legacy of her mother Dinah Drake, the Black Canary.

Super heros breaking up

maximonstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By maximonstar

I  know most of the comic community hate Countdown, I never read it myself, but they blame that for Black Canary and Green Arrow marrying each ither. Now rumours are circling they are going to divorce. I don't know the details, but should heros really be thinking of divorce or worse breaking up. 
    I know problems arise and it feels it can't be worked out, but superheros should never get a divorce, except for Hank Pym, he is a maniac. They deal with our problems head on. We will never fight a guy who can freeze you or a man who can punch through steel, but they do. it is fantasize and they represent the problems that plague us today, so heroes should be more like... heroes. They should stand and work things out, there is not always an easy solution. As heroes set an example for the normal people and become model citizens, they have seen the worst of it so why not work it out when things get rough.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Bestostero

I think comics are doing fine as far as portraying relationships. Some couples do try to work it out (Sue and Richard), and of course even when trying to work things out it doesn't quite get there (Jean and Scott), people move on, people drift apart, some relationships are a match made in heaven, most aren't, etc lol

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#3  Edited By RazzaTazz

Don't the best comics incorporate real world events into the characters, thus making them more approachable?
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By fodigg

GA and BC are constantly getting together and breaking up. They haven't really been "together" for a while now.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

These two shouldn't divorce. They both knew what they were getting into. Having them divorce is just writers being lazy and unoriginal.

No Caption Provided
    labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By labarith

Divorce is an unhappy ending. 

Making 2 characters divorce is to say that they're not good guys.  Divorces don't just "happen", they "happen" when people get married prematurely, don't love the other person, cheat, are terrible with their money, go to jail. etc. 

Is any of that true of these guys?  No?  OK then. 

You want to tell a good divorce story, fine.  Don't do it in someone else's marriage. 

You wish the marriage didn't happen?  OMD is unpopular for a reason.

AtraCruor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtraCruor

Well Ollie did cold blooded kill Prometheus and not to mention the number of people he shot and killed when he tried to be "hardcore" and pretend to be Deathstroke and got caught.
    Avatar image for batflasharrow96
    batflasharrow96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batflasharrow96

After the relaunch their marriage is probably going to be retconned which I don't like. I think they are most interesting as the two when they are separated but still love each other. That's the case with Black Canary. She loves Ollie like she's never loved anyone before but she doesn't trust him to be a good husband or partner, I like them being married but separated. It makes sense. Something like Ollie refusing to get a divorce could be interesting since he still loves her and wants to be with her while Dinah just is extremely unsure what to do.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.