'Green Arrow And Black Canary #22' Reviewed!

Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

 
Okay so not only do I give you a brief synopsis of this not so intricate storyline, but I also snuck in some musical entertainment as well as some crappy love advice from yours truly. Enjoy!
#1 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with you, I think these are good characters being mishandled. This reads (And looks like in the 1st part) like something you'd pick up in 1994.

#2 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Discord?? Lame....Sounds like a lame version of Shriek from Batman Beyond

But how can you dislike Ollie?  ....I mean Batman can be a jerk at times as well, where he can sometimes be cold to his friends.
Is it just because he always likes to fool around with the ladies?

Btw like the Lois Lane attire =)

#3 Posted by Secret Identity (224 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda agree. I think Black Canary had alot going for her when she was running the JLA and I've always loved Green Arrow (partly because of how flawed he is). I actualy quite like the idea that they FINALY got together and got married but this series has been really pretty bad. The Arc with Connor Hawke going missing had one of the worst endings (SPOILER) i mean the whole actualy he was shot by accident thing was lame. Then they killed of Brick and some other members of Green Arrow's already small rogues list for the sake of bringing Cupid into it. And Cupid is a terrible character.

Have to say this is the most disapointing thing in comics with the exception of the cancelation of Captain Britain and MI13 (which is an amazing series and VERY disapointing to see end)

#4 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Secret Identity said:
"I kinda agree. I think Black Canary had alot going for her when she was running the JLA and I've always loved Green Arrow (partly because of how flawed he is). I actualy quite like the idea that they FINALY got together and got married but this series has been really pretty bad. The Arc with Connor Hawke going missing had one of the worst endings (SPOILER) i mean the whole actualy he was shot by accident thing was lame. Then they killed of Brick and some other members of Green Arrow's already small rogues list for the sake of bringing Cupid into it. And Cupid is a terrible character. Have to say this is the most disapointing thing in comics with the exception of the cancelation of Captain Britain and MI13 (which is an amazing series and VERY disapointing to see end)"

Yea I wasn't too keen on the fact that they killed off Brick. Not really a wise move.
#5 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain:
Brick was really one of the only really good Green Arrow villains , and he only has a few villains to begin with
#6 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

for real babs you dont like green arrow :(

#7 Posted by Bold (6 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll admit the comic hasn't been ground-breaking but I think it's been a consistently fun super-hero story at a time where major events and crossovers seem almost excessive.

And Ollie isn't a jerk, just misunderstood. Perhaps one of the most misunderstood characters ever. And that's why I love him. 

#8 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Green Arrow is a total jerk tooo
Black Canary can do way better.

¬_¬

#9 Posted by Vortex13 (12264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bold: Just because he's misunderstood doesn't mean he's not a prick.
#10 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I find Jordan to be a bit of a douche as well. It's no wonder he and Ollie are pals.

#11 Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13 said:
" @Bold: Just because he's misunderstood doesn't mean he's not a prick. "
That was funny.

Everyone is entitled! I can respect people for liking Ollie. I just don't like Ollie and Dinah together.
#12 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs said:
"@Vortex13 said:
" @Bold: Just because he's misunderstood doesn't mean he's not a prick. "
That was funny.Everyone is entitled! I can respect people for liking Ollie. I just don't like Ollie and Dinah together. "

They like each other and might even love each other but they just don't and really can't work as a healthy couple
#13 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Its been downhill ever since Dinah left Birds of Prey.

@Bold:

    I wouldn't call Ollie misunderstood. He wears his mind on his sleeve, and is usually pretty vocal when he wants something understood. I like him, I really do. But sometimes his whole immature liberal thing can just come off as him being an ass. I hope Dinah reavaluates her relationship with the emerald archer.

#14 Edited by Bold (6 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13:
True, but it doesn't mean he is either. And that's just my point. Alot of views of the character, and most characters in fact, are based on perception (and misperception). 

Womanizer is a word that gets thrown around alot with Ollie and I believe unfairly so. If you read this and the past few issues of the story you'd know Green Arrow wasn't searching for Cupid but discovered her after he and Black Canary split up while the city was rioting. GA found Cupid attempting to kill a family and after stoping her decided to stay close by and monitor her.

Ollie isn't a knight in shining armor but I believe he's commited to Dinah. Other woman may be attracted to Green Arrow, but who can blame them?  
#15 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Church Babs, Church.

#16 Posted by Bold (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@Babs:
Hell yeah, this is alot of fun. Even though I don't feel the same way (obviously) I enjoyed the review.

However I do agree with you that Ollie and Dinah aren't an ideal couple - and that's what makes it interesting. Opposites attract, right?

#17 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
"@Bruce Vain: Brick was really one of the only really good Green Arrow villains , and he only has a few villains to begin with "

Exactly all he has Meryln & that karate dude with the goatee & glasses, &  maaaaybe Deadshot and Deathstroke.
#18 Posted by Media_Master (2189 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad the story isn't strong enough

#19 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bruce Vain:
yeah that's Constantine Drakon also so somewhere it was listed that he fought this character the Duke of Oil and Count Vertigo
#20 Posted by HarryF25 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

good review, i would like to see a black canary mini or maybe an ongoing

#21 Posted by HarryF25 (70 posts) - - Show Bio

when babs was spinning  on her chair you could see g-man hard at work it the back ground

#22 Posted by Nahero (9915 posts) - - Show Bio

i myself know it makes a good story to create friction in the relationship of 2 characters but thats just ridiculous thats what they did in pirates of the Caribbean 2 the writers just wasted their energy creating pointless drama despite of everything said and done in the past

#23 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir:
I knew it was like Dragon or Drako , something like that, thanks.

I forgot about Count Vertigo, but now he's reformed so now that's another villain Green Arrow has lost lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.