Follow

Black Canary

Character » Black Canary appears in 3279 issues.

Dinah Lance was born into a family of crime fighters; her mother was a vigilante and her father is a cop. She grew up with the company of heroes, and after years of training, followed in her parent's footsteps by assuming the costume, identity, and legacy of her mother Dinah Drake, the Black Canary.

Dinah Lanc in TV shows

xfactor26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By xfactor26

I recently read an article about the new CW show Arrow and it mentioned how they are making that universe as a non-power universe. Which means that Dinah Lance will not be donning the fish nets as Black Canary. This made me think about how Dinah Lance has been represented in other shows. I am a big fan of Black Canary and I have found myself disappointed with how she is represented in live action tv shows. In animated shows she is still kick butt but the only live action show that she wasn't bad was Smallville. The show itself had problems but Black Canary wasn't too bad. Birds of prey had her mother having the sonic scream while she had telepathy, and now in Arrow she has no powers whatsoever.

Anyone else unhappy about how she is represented in live action tv shows and do you think the CW will change the show to allow her to become Black Canary?

sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By sethysquare

@xfactor26 said:

I recently read an article about the new CW show Arrow and it mentioned how they are making that universe as a non-power universe. Which means that Dinah Lance will not be donning the fish nets as Black Canary. This made me think about how Dinah Lance has been represented in other shows. I am a big fan of Black Canary and I have found myself disappointed with how she is represented in live action tv shows. In animated shows she is still kick butt but the only live action show that she wasn't bad was Smallville. The show itself had problems but Black Canary wasn't too bad. Birds of prey had her mother having the sonic scream while she had telepathy, and now in Arrow she has no powers whatsoever.

Anyone else unhappy about how she is represented in live action tv shows and do you think the CW will change the show to allow her to become Black Canary?

They never mentioned about Dinah Lance not taking the mantle of Black Canary.

I suspect she would eventually be Black Canary. Except, there would be no Canary cry, which in the early days, she never had the canary cry, so its still true to the comics.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By oraclefyre

They better at least give her martial arts.

Savage_Hawkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Savage_Hawkman
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@sethysquare The first Black Canary, a.k.a Dinah Drake Lance, doesn’t have sonic scream and she was good martial arts. But Dinah Laurel Lance was cursed by The Wizard and he gave her Canary Cry, she lost once her powers when she was raped but later she was cure in Lazarus Pit.

She might be Black Canary on the show, since she wore a blond wig until she joins the Birds of Prey and start dye her hair after that. Black Canary is stronger than Green Arrow that would be stupid if she was only his love interests. I hope if she isn’t a heroin in beginning, i hope at least she became later on season. If she doesn’t have her Canary Cry, she could have her Canary Cry Bombs, like how she used when she lost her powers.

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EnSabahNurX

@xfactor26 said:

On the birds of prey Tv show Dinah was a telekinetic empath but she wasn't black canary or intended to be her, She was Black canary's daughter. Black canary on BoP Tv show wasn't too bad she was retired and I think was a decent portrayal. I hated her daughter dinah on the show lol

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#7  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Hope they portray her nicely in ARROW. Big fan of Canary

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

Even though she may not have her canary scream that doesn't mean we won't see her as black canary

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By dernman

I heard something about Huntress appearing and being a love interest.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By entropy_aegis

Wait Dinah was raped? I thought she was severely tortured.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.