I love Blackbolt, I'm gonna have to start filling him in...

#1 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone elese a Black Bolt or inhuman's fan? I've really loved all incarnations of the Inhuman books and wish they did a little better saleswize.

I just really dig the idea of a character whose powers limit them from being able to talk to others. Makes for really visual storytelling. I also loved that Daredevil (back in the Malev days) where they did that whole issue without any dialouge bubbles.

Don't get me wrong, I really have enjoyed the last couple years of comics as there's been a larger focus on writing, but sometimes it's really cool to have a character like Black Bolt who just acts instead of talking.

I'm pissed he wasn't a playable character in Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

#2 Posted by ScoodleDaddle (646 posts) - - Show Bio

Karnak FTW!

#3 Posted by Kaiho13 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

black bolt would make my top 10 list of marvel characters. (if i cut down a bit on the mutants)

i cannot wait for "silent war" (drooling)

#4 Posted by figerrific (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt's awesomeness has come back to the public eye and I couldn't be more pleased. I love the Kirby space stuff, from the New Gods to the Eternals.

If he was a playable character in Ultimate Alliance, if he didn't destroy the level with his xtreme power it wouldn't have done him justice.

#5 Posted by G-Man (36395 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read New Avengers Illuminati. Incredible what Black Bolt did to the Skrulls. I won't ruin it in case there's peeps that haven't read it yet.

Staff
#6 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

And it seems as if Black Bolt and Medusa have the perfect marriage. You cannot ask for more.

#7 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by G-Man (36395 posts) - - Show Bio

Wengistein says:

"And it seems as if Black Bolt and Medusa have the perfect marriage. You cannot ask for more."

Yeah but wouldn't it be more perfect if Medusa was the one that wasn't able to talk?

Staff
#9 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's kinda cute that Medusa has to be the interpreter. And I quote Medusa when talking to Wasp, about their long marriage, and that the key to it is communication:

Wasp: He's MUTE.

Medusa: Yes. And I can't overstress what an aid that is in settling our occasional disagreements.

Post Edited:2007-01-07 19:06:20
Post Edited:2007-01-07 19:06:36

#10 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Black bolt is great

i think he could take anyone in marvel because of his awsome voice

if they made a movie who knows how many times i whould see it

#11 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO i love the tittle of this thread.

#12 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt: actions, speak louder than words.

#13 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

very true

black bolt louder then a atom bomb

#14 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

B;ack Bolt is the final link in my marvel favorites the three Monarchs Black Bolt, Black Panther, And Namor the Black Tide.

#15 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

three kings of marvel

black bolt,

namor,

and black panther

yep i like them too

#16 Posted by lordraiden (7393 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I just read New Avengers Illuminati. Incredible what Black Bolt did to the Skrulls. I won't ruin it in case there's peeps that haven't read it yet."

Has anyone been reading The Illuminati mini? especially issue five! um, yeah, where is black bolt? still alive?

#17 Posted by lordraiden (7393 posts) - - Show Bio

fear monger says:

"yes he is he was kidnaped by the skrulls"

WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!!!

ah, yeah! wich means that that wasn't black bolt that got taken out by WWH, and we have no idea how long that skrull has been posing as the inhuman monach! if we are to go by the first isue, it would seem that black bolt was switched with a skrull during the kree/skrull war, which was years ago?

#18 Posted by fear monger (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

yes he is

he was kidnaped by the skrulls

#19 Posted by liquade (100 posts) - - Show Bio

black bolt would definetly be on of my faves.

#20 Posted by Hulkbuster (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats one strong skull if ya ask me to impersonate the great Black Bolt, King of the Inhumans.

#21 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Strong enough to beat silver surfer unconscience.

#22 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

still one of the best titles to any thread on here. LoL

#23 Posted by '-l-'BlackBolt '-l-' (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I Hope When Secret invasion comes out, Black Bolt comes back to destroy the rest of the Skrull impostors.

#24 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he comes out swinging.

#25 Posted by dead hunter (24 posts) - - Show Bio

black bolt in top five favorites for me.

#26 Posted by dead hunter (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#27 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to take the Inhumans serious over at Marvel offices. There is so much potential in the inhumans it is criminal how they have been ignored. I guess ol unc S.Shot is gonna hve to write it for them.

#28 Posted by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

i tihnk the Inhumans will become more important after Secret Invasion

#29 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

hope so.

#30 Posted by BlackPool (33 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"fear monger says:
"yes he is he was kidnaped by the skrulls"
WARNING: SPOILER ALERT!!! ah, yeah! wich means that that wasn't black bolt that got taken out by WWH, and we have no idea how long that skrull has been posing as the inhuman monach! if we are to go by the first isue, it would seem that black bolt was switched with a skrull during the kree/skrull war, which was years ago?"

Yeah, he could have been feeding info to other Skrulls for years, that is if being kidnapped in the war was the case. I really hope they find Black Bolt and unleash him on the Skrulls. I want to see Black Bolt whip some more ass.

#31 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this is a really old thread as I've seen it pop up from time to time. I just gotta say that that title just don't sound right...

#32 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr Mofo says:

"I know this is a really old thread as I've seen it pop up from time to time. I just gotta say that that title just don't sound right..."

lol, that's what about half the posts in the thread say

#33 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey everybody talks about quasi-sonic power.It has been mentioned that his neutron power is one the most powerful forces in the universe itself as he defeated the Sphinx.It has been also stated his power is still continue grow.He constantly holds back when in combat.
Post Edited:2008-05-07 01:48:47

#34 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt is probably top 5 for me, but the Inhumans are my favorite group of any one in marvel or any other comics, i like how he's so powerful but doesnt use it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.