Character type: Alien?

#1 Posted by Curvomancer (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Why should (Black Bolt and) the Inhumans be considered an alien race? The DNA which was the basis for the Kree experiments belonged to homo-sapiens. They are less distanced from the human race than Eternals or Deviants, but still very different, something like third cousins. Isn't there a term more appropriate for them than aliens? The fact that a race lives(/used to) outside Earth, hence is alien, is not enough to discribe them I think.

#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

call them freaks

#3 Posted by Ball Buster (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

I would still call them alien but you have a point.

#4 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I think alien is the best race term for them .They aren't from Earth or anything.

#5 Posted by Curvomancer (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I am not that crazy about making a point, but I did run into something interesting while reading an old FF issue (#48-the one with galactus appearance) and thought to mention it !
It is right after Maximus the Mad tries to eradicate mankind by firing a atmo-gun which will target only humans, leaving the earth empty for the Inhumans (and him) to rule. Medusa shows him that he has failed and that humanity are safe, since humans and Inhumans are basically the same race: "It is only our powers that are different." :D Still we can settle for aliens, I just thought to mention this!

#6 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio
Curvomancer said:
"Why should (Black Bolt and) the Inhumans be considered an alien race? The DNA which was the basis for the Kree experiments belonged to homo-sapiens. They are less distanced from the human race than Eternals or Deviants, but still very different, something like third cousins. Isn't there a term more appropriate for them than aliens? The fact that a race lives(/used to) outside Earth, hence is alien, is not enough to discribe them I think. "
yeah yeah bla bla bla... BUT they live where? end of discussion
#7 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Curvomancer said:
"Why should (Black Bolt and) the Inhumans be considered an alien race? The DNA which was the basis for the Kree experiments belonged to homo-sapiens. They are less distanced from the human race than Eternals or Deviants, but still very different, something like third cousins. Isn't there a term more appropriate for them than aliens? The fact that a race lives(/used to) outside Earth, hence is alien, is not enough to discribe them I think. "
yeah yeah bla bla bla... BUT they live where? end of discussion
"

Superman lives on Earth, he is still an alien

the race is about their origin, not where they live
#8 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

and thats what i said maybe?

#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

the definition of inhuman is barbaric and sadistic...I always thought it meant they weren't human...oops...anyway, I guess they should be classified as humans then

#10 Posted by Demosapien (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

I think mutans are a little clost to humans than aliens

#11 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"and thats what i said maybe?
"

oops then my bad
#12 Posted by Djinn (778 posts) - - Show Bio

they are close to humans BUT in inhumans when Ronan came he told them that the terrigenis mist make them into different species of ALIENS so they could seep into alien governments, i think we should listen to one of the people who knows exactly where they came from instead of themselves who really dont know

#13 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Curvomancer said:

Why should (Black Bolt and) the Inhumans be considered an alien race? The DNA which was the basis for the Kree experiments belonged to homo-sapiens. They are less distanced from the human race than Eternals or Deviants, but still very different, something like third cousins. Isn't there a term more appropriate for them than aliens? The fact that a race lives(/used to) outside Earth, hence is alien, is not enough to discribe them I think.

I totally agree. The Inhumans should not be aliens. "At the beginning of the Kree-Skrull War, millions of years ago in Earth time, the alien Kree established a station on the planet Uranus, a strategic position between the Kree and Skrull empires. Through their work at this station, they discovered that sentient life on nearby Earth had genetic potential invested in it by the alien Celestials. Intrigued, the Kree began to experiment on Earth's then primitive Homo Sapiens, inspired from studying a dead Eternal.

Their goal was apparently twofold — to investigate possible ways of circumventing their own evolutionary stagnation, and to create a powerful mutant race of soldiers for use against the Skrulls. However, although their experiments were successful in creating a strain of humanity with extraordinary abilities, the Kree abandoned their experiment for reasons which are not yet clear.

Their test subjects, the Inhumans, went on to form a society of their own, which thrived in seclusion from the rest of humanity and developed advanced technology. Experiments with the mutagenic Terrigen Mist gave them various powers, but also caused lasting genetic damage and deformities. This led to a long-term selective breeding program to try to mitigate the effects of these mutations. Their city Attilan has frequently been relocated and, as of 2005 stories, rests in the oxygen-bearing Blue Area of the Moon." Plus Black Bolt was born... Island of Attilan, Atlantic OceanI think Inhumans should be classifide as "Other" Like Tempest or Adam Warlock.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.