Follow

Black Alice

Character » Black Alice appears in 128 issues.

Black Alice is an anti-hero who can temporarily take the magical powers of any being, gaining all their skills and power to protect her hometown of Dayton OH, but leaving the individual powerless in turn.

It must really suck for the people she borrows from.

Deadknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By Deadknight

It definitely can't be fun for someone like Zatanna or Dr. Fate to suddenly be powerless when Black Alice borrows their powers, especially if they might be in the middle of an important battle or something. Also, what must people think when they suddenly lose their power, only to have it inexplicably return later? I'm pretty sure Black Alice isn't well known enough for every magic-user to realize that she's at fault when their powers momentarily disappear.

Furthermore, in the case of someone like Etrigan the Demon, it must really suck to lose his powers for a short time. One minute Jason Blood might over-joyed, thinking that his curse is finally gone, only to have it return as soon as Black Alice doesn't need it anymore.

Kind of makes me wonder how certain magic-users actually survive without their powers for even a short time. "Bullets? Ha! My magic makes me immortal! ... Wait, is that my blood? I feel cold all of a sudden..."

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#2  Edited By Joygirl

I have actually thought about that, it would really suck. Though last I checked doesn't she have to see those she steals from? If she has to see them then they'd pretty much know who did it....

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

It was bad for Spectre. Because he just became a shadow of reality. Couldn't do nothing and nothing could be done to him until he regained his powers.

Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Leliel

@Deadknight: I wonder when she took Alan Scott powers which are the only thing keeping him alive should he have aged and nearly die? What about guys like Marvel who are in space sometimes would they just die? I still haven't figure why she hasn't become a major plot a villain using her to steal others abilities, she can take two at time. Imagine what she do if she had both Mundro's magic and Spectre's power

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.