World of Dictators

#1 Posted by Joygirl (18488 posts) - - Show Bio

Reading The Dark Age for the first time now. Apparently his Injustice win-quote was not exactly... original.

#2 Posted by HolySerpent (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Reading The Dark Age for the first time now. Apparently his Injustice win-quote was not exactly... original.

What?

#3 Posted by Joygirl (18488 posts) - - Show Bio

@holyserpent: In the Injustice game, his win-quote is "This will always be a world of dictators!"

It just tickled me that I managed to find the source. :D

#4 Edited by HolySerpent (12457 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Joygirl (18488 posts) - - Show Bio

@holyserpent: I actually haven't checked out his new 52 appearance (speaking of which I probably should). I'd be willing to bet both of my legs that he will be back. It might be a while but not long... since 52 Adam is EXTREMELY popular, DC does not permakill characters that popular.

#6 Posted by Joygirl (18488 posts) - - Show Bio

@holyserpent: Okay I read it. That was one of the most poorly-written piles of ass I've seen since Reign In Hell. He does APPEAR to be dead but as I said, he'll be back.

#7 Posted by HolySerpent (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: lol i was curious because another dc event is coming up ( villians vs crime syndicate) it looks like black adam is in it

#8 Posted by Joygirl (18488 posts) - - Show Bio

@holyserpent: Yeah I'm pretty confident he'll be back by the end of the year.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

yup. hell, a couple of Killer Frost's lines are ripped from JLU

#10 Posted by Joygirl (18488 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: "You're a beautiful man... think I'll keep you."

Speaking of Adam in Injustice, I'm surprised at how amazing his voice actor is. Arnold Vosloo's Teth SUCKED.

#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@avenging_x_bolt: "You're a beautiful man... think I'll keep you."

Speaking of Adam in Injustice, I'm surprised at how amazing his voice actor is. Arnold Vosloo's Teth SUCKED.

he provides the voice for Shazam as well.

#12 Edited by World_Breaker_Elmo (186 posts) - - Show Bio

Was Adam established as the dictator of Kandaq (both pre and new 52)? Even if he is considered a dictator does that necessarily make him villainous? Didn't his people love him as he watched over them? In this situation Adam very closely resembles Dr. Doom of all people; a strict, powerful, no nonsense dictator/ruler who commands the respect of his people but fear and distrust from everyone else.

Long live the Original Champion of Shazam!

~Yes, I am a Black Adam fanboy, and no, I am not seeking help for it.

#13 Posted by Joygirl (18488 posts) - - Show Bio

@world_breaker_elmo: Yeah his people absolutely adored him, nearly worshiped him. Kahndaq was also a prosperous paradise sooo.

#14 Edited by World_Breaker_Elmo (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@world_breaker_elmo: Yeah his people absolutely adored him, nearly worshiped him. Kahndaq was also a prosperous paradise sooo.

Has Kandaq been written about in any detail so far post flashpoint? All I have seen of it so far was when Billy went there to try and deliver Adam's ashes.

#15 Posted by Joygirl (18488 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Crazy_Wilhelm (64 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a terrorist organization called the Sons of Adam that Superman and Wonder Woman interfered with in Justice League 19 or 20, iirc. It seems that Adam's cult of followers continued into the modern day, in spite of his lengthy absence. It's nearly certain that they will somehow become involved in his resurrection and return to Khandaq next week in his Villain Month one-shot issue.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.