Follow

Black Adam

Character » Black Adam appears in 850 issues.

The original champion of the Wizard, Teth-Adam was a former slave who channeled the power of six Egyptian Gods to fight evil. But when his family was murdered during the conquest of his people, he developed more ruthless methods to protect innocents. Seeing him as corrupt, the Wizard banished "Black Adam" to the tomb of Ramesses II. After centuries of imprisonment, he would finally escape to overthrow Kahndaq's tyrant by force, becoming the country's defender and a natural enemy to the world's heroes.

Black Adam's Magic Word

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

So I had some money to burn and ended up buying the 52 trades. If you've read it then you know that one of the stories focused on Black Adam, how he slowly became a nation's leader and husband to Isis. Black Adam, though, ended up killing a lot of people (a LOT of people) and to stop him, Billy Batson, who was in control of the Rock of Eternity, changed his magic word. After I bought the trades I didn't know where to go from there so I ended up stopping. So considering that after 52 Black Adam was still able to change back to his super-powered persona, I just want to know if anyone knows what his new word was.

Avatar image for world_breaker_elmo
    World_Breaker_Elmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

"It's Morphin Time!" ???

Since the DCnU seems to have retconned a lot of his history ( he was a slave instead of a prince, his relationship to Billy, his being locked in a tomb instead of banished) I guess we will have to wait until he .....ugh....comes back to life and more of his story is given out.

Personally I hope he does have a new word of power initialism; instead of the traditional "S-H-A-Z-A-M!," preferably something like:

S-A-G-S-O-M! = Superman Ain't Got S*** On Me!

G-A-S-O-S-P! = Gimme ASolo Ongoing Series Please!

B-O-B-A-M-N! = Bet On Black Adam My Nizzle!

W-I-E-E-A-V! = Why Is Every Egyptian AVillain?!

S-E-I-Y-G-E! = Smoke Em If You Got Em!

.....but as long as he gets to crack Superman in the face from time to time it doesn't matter much to me.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By JonSmith

Pre-52, I think his word was changed to a type of pie. I'm really not that sure. I think I read somewhere that he was ordering food at a diner in human form, then while placing an order, accidentally transformed, realizing his word had been changed to the aforementioned type of pie.

I could be making that up though, I don't know.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Curious as to this as well.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

He discovered it by accident in The Dark Age.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for world_breaker_elmo
    World_Breaker_Elmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He discovered it by accident in The Dark Age.

No Caption Provided

The expression on the face of the little kid next to him is priceless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.