Black Adam Playable in 'Injustice: Gods Among Us'

  • 149 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#101 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (13699 posts) - - Show Bio
poor J'onn......
#102 Posted by Red Rum (357 posts) - - Show Bio

My choices for remaining roster slots are:

1.) Robin (Damian Wayne)

2.) Ares (or another plausible Wonder Villain, like Circe)

3.) Black Manta (or Ocean Master)

and 4.) Captain Cold, most certainly (perhaps with redesigned, enhanced, and/or additional ice weapons).

#103 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (7562 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we all knew he would be part of the game

#104 Posted by hazmat103 (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping he'd be in the game.

#105 Posted by Kiltro95 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty damn sure what we saw in Lex's trailer was the alternate costume

I pretty curious to see what differences there might be with Black Adam and Shazam

And I'd like to see Parasite in the game

#106 Posted by k4tzm4n (34950 posts) - - Show Bio

UPDATED.

#107 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4820 posts) - - Show Bio

He looks AMAZING

#108 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@Uncommon said:

@Stormbox said:

@Uncommon said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

To whom it may concearn: I hate to be nit picking and nothing against batman, but how many of the characters in this game are Bat related? Do you think they all belong? My last question is, do you think it fair to the characters who haven't made the cut to be left out for Bat related characters?

I here what your saying and i do agree that some other characters that are not Batman related would really improve the cast, but I think the reason there are so many bat characters in the first place is because people KNOW the bat family. Not everyone reads dc comics with varied characters, but several people have played arkham asylum/city or have at least seen the Nolan films

Yes, but if other dc characters got the publicity batman and co. get they would be much better known, so thats no excuse

Interesting point, but fresh company such as Netherreal with a new IP game isn't looking to take risks or boost popularity. Right now they have to focus on gathering a fan base of the game play and story, and having batman related characters draws people in to give the game a chance. I'm sure the sequel or dlc will feature more comic geek's wants.

Fair enough, i still think only using batman isnt the solution but your explanation does sound right

#109 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@GothamRed said:

I'm pretty sure that was black lightning in luthor's trailer, his lightning was blue he was bald and his skin seemed on the darker side (but it's hard to tell in that brown void most modern games occupy), not black Adam, so it's not really a costume change.

The official injustice facebook page confirmed thats black adam

Also, he looks nothing like black lightning

#110 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox: True

#111 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

Not that I hate these characters, but I just really don't care for him or the last couple players they added on. Is he gonna be any different than Shazam? I'm not an enormous DC fan, so I hope no one's offended by this, but they both seem pretty similar to Superman to me; aside from the fact that their powers are from magic. So far, I'm only interested in playing less than half of the characters.

I would like for them to add more normal/gadget characters like Red Hood, Damian, and Black Canary. I know a lot of people don't want this, but I want even more Bat-family related characters! I'm also hoping for Beast Boy, any Martian character, and Starfire. I think I'd also like to see some more sidekick/teen characters in the game like Red Arrow, Aqualad, and Superboy. Not sure how they'd be different from their hero counterparts, but I think that it would be kinda cool.

#112 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (570 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sammo21: Easy champ, from the sounds of it, every character is gonna have multiple alternate costumes. I kinda like the designes they have so far.

#113 Posted by Grey56 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack:

1 Oh but my young man with the oh so tacky call handle and graphic portrayal- you are indeed entitled to your opinion - even if it is a bad one. Unfounded by any qualitative or quantitative measure or allegorical logic to support your blanket assertions. You're entitled to your own opinion - not your own facts. And the fact is that there is no empirical way to qualify your epithet of Adam's inclusion being 'pointless' or 'lazy'. And given that these developers are the ones making million dollar profit margin decisions - I'd say there's some merit to their creative impetus over your prattling.

2 Your iteration and subsequent repetition of uninformed rhetoric doesn't make it any more true - only more mindless babbling from masses one step removed from serfdom as a result of democratization. In case this doesn't make sense allow me to break it down; if someone jumps off a bridge telling you its a good idea, do you follow suit?

3 No you actually did "I don't think it matters how canonically strong a character is, because the game makers aren't trying to build a game to be horribly unbalanced so it doesn't really matter." . However if I'm extremely off base - there's still the problem that your insistent protestations indicate you don't care - yet you continually return to a thread based upon a subject/product you've admitted to having no intention of purchasing. Your half-hearted excuse of your trolling is to state how familiar you are with the genre of the game and this gives you more credence to slander something which you have no investment in. Interesting.

4 Dismissal as a result of disagreement isn't logical or even fair for any discussion. I've simply asked questions to which you have not only provided no answers to but in turn restated your assertions - despite my agreement that there are plenty of characters with which would make this a diverse and compelling game both in story and gameplay.

-Sigh- Oh well, what do I know. Lastly though - please tell me your name and icon aren't meant to be a poorly veiled attempt at making tongue in cheek reference to women's bosoms? I certainly hope not because while I enjoy them as much as anyone else of my orientation does - probably not the best place to portray that type of locker room mentality. See you in the huddle.

#114 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8096 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, cool. Still waiting on Swamp Thing.

#115 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Pointless and horrible choice.

Totally. I'd rather have Grodd...or even Bizarro! Ice vision and fire breath, anyone? 8D

#116 Posted by OldOldLogan (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear NetherRealms: Please do not make another attempt at a DC Comics based video game. I appreciate the effort,... but in all honesty this is just crap. Joshua

#117 Posted by saoakden (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping to have his New 52 look as an alternate costume. That would be cool.

#118 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

@OldOldLogan said:

Dear NetherRealms: Please do not make another attempt at a DC Comics based video game. I appreciate the effort,... but in all honesty this is just crap. Joshua

I love it when people criticize something before its out

Brilliant

#119 Posted by GothamRed (2553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox: I hadn't seen the close up image there, I was just going off of what I'd seen in the trailer. The costume from all I could see was the only thing that made me question it. From a distance his physical appearance seemed to fall in line with what I'd think BL would look like in this game. But if I'm wrong I'm wrong.

Kind of makes some of the stuff in the trailer more confusing though...

#120 Edited by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grey56 said:

@Teerack:

1 Oh but my young man with the oh so tacky call handle and graphic portrayal- you are indeed entitled to your opinion - even if it is a bad one. Unfounded by any qualitative or quantitative measure or allegorical logic to support your blanket assertions. You're entitled to your own opinion - not your own facts. And the fact is that there is no empirical way to qualify your epithet of Adam's inclusion being 'pointless' or 'lazy'. And given that these developers are the ones making million dollar profit margin decisions - I'd say there's some merit to their creative impetus over your prattling.

2 Your iteration and subsequent repetition of uninformed rhetoric doesn't make it any more true - only more mindless babbling from masses one step removed from serfdom as a result of democratization. In case this doesn't make sense allow me to break it down; if someone jumps off a bridge telling you its a good idea, do you follow suit?

3 No you actually did "I don't think it matters how canonically strong a character is, because the game makers aren't trying to build a game to be horribly unbalanced so it doesn't really matter." . However if I'm extremely off base - there's still the problem that your insistent protestations indicate you don't care - yet you continually return to a thread based upon a subject/product you've admitted to having no intention of purchasing. Your half-hearted excuse of your trolling is to state how familiar you are with the genre of the game and this gives you more credence to slander something which you have no investment in. Interesting.

4 Dismissal as a result of disagreement isn't logical or even fair for any discussion. I've simply asked questions to which you have not only provided no answers to but in turn restated your assertions - despite my agreement that there are plenty of characters with which would make this a diverse and compelling game both in story and gameplay.

-Sigh- Oh well, what do I know. Lastly though - please tell me your name and icon aren't meant to be a poorly veiled attempt at making tongue in cheek reference to women's bosoms? I certainly hope not because while I enjoy them as much as anyone else of my orientation does - probably not the best place to portray that type of locker room mentality. See you in the huddle.

1. You're the one basically telling me my opinion is wrong, so I would say I find it funny that you'd try to say "not your own facts" but at this point I'm not confident you'd understand with out me telling you outright so I will.... your first point is hypocritical. And the last sentence of your first point means you fundamentally do no understand the purpose of an internet forum or this thread.

2. Hmmm you really shouldn't try so hard. I mean I get you want to come off as condescending and that's cute, but when you try this hard it actually just makes your post leak pseudo intellectualism.

3. No I actually didn't "I don't think it matters how canonically strong a character is, because the game makers aren't trying to build a game to be horribly unbalanced so it doesn't really matter." is English a second langue to you, or is this a comprehension problem? Because what you think that says and what it actually says means two different things. Also you should really know how to use the word trolling before you use it. I keep coming back to this thread because you keep responding to me... and I brought up the fact I wasn't getting the game because you said that me thinking it was a poor character choice was just me being upset about other people not being in the game(which was childish and dismissive), but sense I'm not getting the game regardless it actually allows me to have a much less partial opinion compared to someone who is getting the game.

4. Actually no. If you know how to debate and discuss something like an adult you don't dismiss other peoples point of views simply, because you disagree with them.... If you didn't agree with my opinion you could have said nothing or if you had responded simply saying "Oh I disagree I know Black Adam and Shazam have the same powers but I like him a lot and think he's a really solid choice." I would have probably not responded or maybe have said "Yeah I guess it is pretty nice for fans of the character to see him in a game, but to each their own." but the thing is you didn't do that. You saw my post and started replying to me with the idea that you were right and any other opinion was wrong. I've answered any question you've asked, and if I've repeated my self is was because you didn't understand(or you came off that way) or simply acted as if my reasoning wasn't good enough. It actually seems as if you want me to prove my opinion to you, and for thank I thank you, because it's a little amusing.

My name and avatar are not related, and I find my avatar funny, and the fact that you said this.... "probably not the best place to portray that type of locker room mentality. See you in the huddle." literally blows my mind. I'm genuinely not sure if you're an older person who doesn't understand modern times or a younger person with little to no life experiences.

I mean it's not as if you're making the game. Calm down... I'm not insulting you personally although you've clearly shown that's were you wait this to go with this condescending baiting post. I mean at this point I kind of think you're more desperate to prove you're smarter then me, than to prove.... my opinion wrong?

#121 Posted by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio

@cuddles666 said:

@Teerack said:

Pointless and horrible choice.

Totally. I'd rather have Grodd...or even Bizarro! Ice vision and fire breath, anyone? 8D

Don't you mean BIZARRO Bizarro?!

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself >.<

#122 Posted by Grey56 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Goodness, young man - don't tire yourself out while spinning in circles! You've managed to summarily ignore everything I've posited here for you and at this point have begun engaging in a one-up-manship as your are unable to concede anything - even when faced with pictures the visually impaired would cop to. That's fine though - I'm certain that the only reason I've only perpetuated this discussion is because my small ego can't handle anyone holding a different opinion.

You misunderstand (through irate irritation over my injunctions or simple inability) my queries - ignore my examples and then stoop to insinuate that I'm doing all of this in the name of fulfilling an absent sense of self. Fascinating. Do you engage everyone whom questions you in this fashion - or just those whom you fear no reparation from? Curious.

Before I venture into more intelligent-by-proxy waters though let me repeat in a way which all can understand; Your opinion is a bad one. Feel free to be entitled to that and to whatever grandeur which you waltz to in your pristine halls of uninterrupted genius. You provide no real quantitative or qualitative refutation for the inclusion of a character whose canonical, durable and aesthetic qualities measure up to any other prospective villain in the mythos. Oh which by the way - I have already agreed to the fact that there are a horde from which to choose.

You are right about one thing - in the way that someone reaches for a distant light; the purpose of an open forum is for people to exchange ideas and opinions. I laud you for that epiphany. As you bask in that afterglow though, be amazed that a part of that public discourse is the added benefit of others calling your opinion into question. It's a bit like that free press which ol' Jefferson groused about in the 18th century - always a gadfly. Allow me though as one last measure of dignity... to roll out a last word red carpet for you in which you will undoubtedly question my ego, reading comprehension or a litany of other qualities - I've had my say.

#123 Posted by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grey56 said:

@Teerack: Goodness, young man - don't tire yourself out while spinning in circles! You've managed to summarily ignore everything I've posited here for you and at this point have begun engaging in a one-up-manship as your are unable to concede anything - even when faced with pictures the visually impaired would cop to. That's fine though - I'm certain that the only reason I've only perpetuated this discussion is because my small ego can't handle anyone holding a different opinion.

You misunderstand (through irate irritation over my injunctions or simple inability) my queries - ignore my examples and then stoop to insinuate that I'm doing all of this in the name of fulfilling an absent sense of self. Fascinating. Do you engage everyone whom questions you in this fashion - or just those whom you fear no reparation from? Curious.

Before I venture into more intelligent-by-proxy waters though let me repeat in a way which all can understand; Your opinion is a bad one. Feel free to be entitled to that and to whatever grandeur which you waltz to in your pristine halls of uninterrupted genius. You provide no real quantitative or qualitative refutation for the inclusion of a character whose canonical, durable and aesthetic qualities measure up to any other prospective villain in the mythos. Oh which by the way - I have already agreed to the fact that there are a horde from which to choose.

You are right about one thing - in the way that someone reaches for a distant light; the purpose of an open forum is for people to exchange ideas and opinions. I laud you for that epiphany. As you bask in that afterglow though, be amazed that a part of that public discourse is the added benefit of others calling your opinion into question. It's a bit like that free press which ol' Jefferson groused about in the 18th century - always a gadfly. Allow me though as one last measure of dignity... to roll out a last word red carpet for you in which you will undoubtedly question my ego, reading comprehension or a litany of other qualities - I've had my say.

Do you have a twitter or tumblr I could follow? Because I think you'd make funnier post then Kanye West.

#124 Posted by fragmentmind (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Add in John Constantine for all I care. I wanna see Apollo and Midnighter.

#125 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! Looks great!

#126 Posted by Vincie_Pooh (109 posts) - - Show Bio

wondering if they can put Blue Bettle or Sportsmaster.

#127 Posted by thebearking (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Zatanna is a must at this point. God I would just go crazy for a chance to kcik emos ssa with her.

#128 Posted by Sammo21 (700 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sleepbutnodream15: "easy champ". Because I was flying off the rails with my comment or something; it doesn't matter if there are alternate costumes: the default costumes for almost all of the heroes are terrible.

#129 Posted by BuNKiTZ (177 posts) - - Show Bio

@hamlet33: yeah, kind of a waste of space, but the roster's pretty big already with lots of choices so I'm not complaining :P Though it would really, really be sweet to have Damian in :D And a Wally West alternate costume for Flash please >_<

#130 Posted by Pauldro (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible costume.

#131 Posted by AmazingWebHead (4491 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Hmmm...how about that evil version of Captain Marvel's look? Y'know, the one with the cape.
  • Hell yeah!
  • Black Manta, Cheetah, Spoiler, Tim Drake (but ONLY if Spoiler is in it), and Brainiac
Online
#132 Posted by k4tzm4n (34950 posts) - - Show Bio

!!!!!!!!!!!!

#133 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap where is this from?

#134 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

From a gameplay perspective it's a silly pick, yet another flying brick with some ranged energy power, but from a character view it's a good choice. Beating up heroes with villains that you actually care about is much better than beating them up with someone like... who's a sucky DC villain... oh! Zod.

#135 Posted by k4tzm4n (34950 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@k4tzm4n said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap where is this from?

Ed Boon tweeted it.

#136 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@k4tzm4n said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap where is this from?

Ed Boon tweeted it.

Roger the Alien's closet.

#137 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20446 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@k4tzm4n said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap where is this from?

Ed Boon tweeted it.

It might just be a promo of a different game-mode though, like how the Mortal Kombat screens sometimes have skulls and such. The pictures behind them might be opponents for a Ladder gametype like in the Mortal Kombat series.

#138 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

GL has a hole in his head!

#139 Posted by Uncommon (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@k4tzm4n said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap where is this from?

Ed Boon tweeted it.

Roger the Alien's closet.

Lol!

#140 Posted by hamlet33 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

@BuNKiTZ: omg Wally would be awesome and i really want Firestorm in there (probably not likely though...)

#141 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Protip: wait to see his moves before thinking he's essentially a duplicate of Shazam. After all, Sinestro's moves are quite different than Hal's.

You must be the only person on this board who plays fighting games, lol.

#142 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: You havent played a capcom game in awhile then, lol.

#143 Posted by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder: No idea what post you're responding to.

#144 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Haha, sorry. You said capcom wait for dlc to release clone fighters.

#145 Posted by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder said:

@Teerack: Haha, sorry. You said capcom wait for dlc to release clone fighters.

They do now. MvC2 was like 40% clones and MvC3 didn't have any with the exception of Ryu and Akuma being arguable but other then that they didn't even though it pissed lot of people off. Unless you're talking about Street Fighter which is pointless because all of the characters in the whole street fighter series revolve around variations for the same 5 fighting styles/play style. Those games are build for competitive play anyway so it kinda works.

#146 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: For mvc3, they weren't clones special wise, but you could do the same combos for everyone just about. Street fighter is the worst though. You can have competitive play and variety too. King of fighters does it and is an amazing game.

#147 Posted by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder: That's really more of a joystick fighting game vs button fighting game thing. The characters may be different and play different, but their inputs are all similar. There are a lot of games like that BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, SNK arcade, etc. I think the design has something to do with what people typically expect/want in a competitive game. idk

#148 Posted by TheGodofThunder (602 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: I don't get what you mean by joystick versus button?

#149 Posted by Teerack (7457 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGodofThunder: I mean the combo system. Like Street Fighter uses joystick combos were it's all about wiggling your stick and Mortal combat is more about hitting buttons and directions in an order quickly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.