Black Adam not black

• 61 results
#51 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdBlank said:

I love how "people" try so hard to divorce Egypt from Africa. Egypt is in Africa therefore the native people are... wait for it... Africans. In America, African equals Black. Sure Hale Berry isn't literally black in color but she's considered black. There are people in India that are darker than most "African Americans" (read: Blacks) but they are clearly not called "Black" they are called "Indian". Sure there are plenty of Arabs in Egypt today. That's like judging the native people of America by the current population of Boston. Ancient Egyptians are "Black" by the American definition of the word. If they aren't then neither was Michael Jackson post 1990. Think of it this way: Scandinavians are a very different color from Greeks but they are al considered "white" since they are from Europe (aka the west coast of Asia... but that's a whole 'nother rant).
#52 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

omg. lol. hilarious.

#53 Posted by herrweis (428 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe we should call him african adam..lol

#54 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt isn't black, black knight, blackout just a few white "black" titled characters

#55 Posted by KingRobbStark (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@edblank said:

I love how "people" try so hard to divorce Egypt from Africa. Egypt is in Africa therefore the native people are... wait for it... Africans. In America, African equals Black. Sure Hale Berry isn't literally black in color but she's considered black. There are people in India that are darker than most "African Americans" (read: Blacks) but they are clearly not called "Black" they are called "Indian". Sure there are plenty of Arabs in Egypt today. That's like judging the native people of America by the current population of Boston. Ancient Egyptians are "Black" by the American definition of the word. If they aren't then neither was Michael Jackson post 1990. Think of it this way: Scandinavians are a very different color from Greeks but they are al considered "white" since they are from Europe (aka the west coast of Asia... but that's a whole 'nother rant).

To clear some things up Black Adam is not from Egypt. And secondly he doesn't look black at all, as mater of fact he looks white. Now that I got that out of the way being African does not equate to being black. If we go by your definition, then the white population of South Africa is black. Now going back to Ancient Egypt a lot of the mummies are shown to be (genetically) the same as the Egyptians living in Egypt today (I also read about some pharaohs who were supposedly red headed).

#56 Posted by LaserLambert (635 posts) - - Show Bio

nobody said Blacklash

#57 Posted by Ostyo (6762 posts) - - Show Bio
#58 Posted by EdBlank (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingrobbstark: Me: Egypt is in Africa. You: Bu Bu But that doesn't make the Egyptians black blah blah South Africans (read: transplanted Europeans) blah blah mummy DNA.

I get it. You think Black people only count as gang bangers and slaves. Couldn't possibly be the first people who built the first world empire. Keep combing the internets for clues that Egypt and Jesus were really blonde Europeans. All the argument I need is a map. Stare at it...

#59 Posted by KingRobbStark (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@edblank: North Africa has never been black, and that is a fact. What you're insinuating is that anything in Africa is by default black, and that is incorrect. Africa is an old continent (the birth place of all of us), and can fit more than one people.

And I would appreciate it if you stop putting words in my mouth just because you didn't like what I have to say, and calling me a racist means you have nothing more informative to say. As for black empires, the Nubian empire, one of the greatest in ancient human history, is a great example. I suggest you read up you ignorant douche.

#60 Posted by EdBlank (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingrobbstark: Africans built Ancient Egypt. I know this shatters your worldview but there's a little thing called dealing with it.

#61 Posted by Shn275 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@edblank: Preach on. I find it funny that KingRobbStark claims that not all Africans are black, yet the ENTIRE European continent is considered white. From the Spanish to the Dutch to the Slavs, all are classified as white. Gerard Butler(Scottish) played a Grecian king in the 300 film despite not being Greek. He's also set to star in a new film called Gods of Egypt as an Egyptian god....yeah, Gerard Butler is about to play an Egyptian god set in ancient Egypt. SMH

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.