Black Adam, anti-hero or villain

#1 Posted by Dream Omen (261 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam is one of my most favorite DC characters, and the more I read about him, the more hes interesting. He can be brutal, but he can be generous. He really cares about his people. He really loves Isis. He shared his own power with her and her brother. Even if it meant making him weaker. But is he a villain or anti-hero?? What do you think?? 

#2 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not a villain. If anything I guess you can call him an anti-hero, but not a villain.

#3 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a Namor clone, so Anti-hero.

#4 Posted by Dream Omen (261 posts) - - Show Bio
@GreenLantern555:  I agree. Even after everything he did, during WW3 event. He was aware it was a bad thing. He was just very, very angry.
#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (11732 posts) - - Show Bio

he may have been an anti-hero once but hes a villain now
#6 Posted by tensor (3512 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango: a namor clone in what way ?
#7 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a villain most foul.
#8 Posted by Telcalipoca (956 posts) - - Show Bio

hes neither  

hes black adam and will do whatever he feels like doing.If he wants to save the earth one day and comitt genocide the other he will with no regard on how others will view his actions.

#9 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19709 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Villain

#10 Posted by The Mango (1477 posts) - - Show Bio
@tensor said:
" @The Mango: a namor clone in what way ? "
He looks like Namor, he acts like Namor, he rules a nation, he doesn't care much for the rest of the world, etc.

The only very slight difference is that Namor is usually an anti-hero who is occasionally an honorable villian, while Black Adam is an honorable villain who is occasionally an anti-hero.
#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mango said:
" @tensor said:
" @The Mango: a namor clone in what way ? "
He looks like Namor, he acts like Namor, he rules a nation, he doesn't care much for the rest of the world, etc. The only very slight difference is that Namor is usually an anti-hero who is occasionally an honorable villian, while Black Adam is an honorable villain who is occasionally an anti-hero. "
Then there's the fact that Black Adam's powers and origin are entirely different....

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.