are they equal?

#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24665 posts) - - Show Bio

if mary marvel and cap.marvel jr arent using their power are capt. marvel and black adam equal?
#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24665 posts) - - Show Bio

ive heard different people say adam is stronger but i dont know if thats cause of mary and jr. or if he just has more power
#3 Posted by JediXMan (29619 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Captain Marvel is stronger. Black Adam just doesn't hold back.

#4 Posted by PrimeDirective (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam has been stated to be the most powerful meta-human of all when it comes to raw superstrength.

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24665 posts) - - Show Bio

i always figured adam was just meant to be a bad cap, like sinestro is to green lantern or reverse flash was at first, i kno the characters have evoled past their initial intentions but i always thought they were supposed to be equals
#6 Posted by The Man of Tomorrow (403 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrimeDirective said:
" Black Adam has been stated to be the most powerful meta-human of all when it comes to raw superstrength. "
Where did you hear that?
#7 Posted by The Incredible Huck (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Black Adam is more powerful then Cap Marvel. I am only basing this on the fact that all of Adams powers come from gods, whereas many of Cap Marvels come from demi gods. For example Cap Marvels strength comes from Hercules, Herc wasnt a god- he is the son of a god. He gets his wisdom from Solomon, who was a king not a god and his courage comes from Achilles who was also not a god. All of Adams patrons were Gods.  

#8 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Incredible Huck said:
"

I think that Black Adam is more powerful then Cap Marvel. I am only basing this on the fact that all of Adams powers come from gods, whereas many of Cap Marvels come from demi gods. For example Cap Marvels strength comes from Hercules, Herc wasnt a god- he is the son of a god. He gets his wisdom from Solomon, who was a king not a god and his courage comes from Achilles who was also not a god. All of Adams patrons were Gods.  

"
The individual identities of the magic word have always struck me as more metaphorical than literal.  The real power comes from the Wizard and the Rock of Eternity.
#9 Posted by IcarusMach9 (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam has more power because he doesn't share it like Captain Marvel does. Or at least, that's part of it. So while Captain Marvel is lending power to Mary Marvel, Freddy Freeman, etc, Black Adam has it all to himself.

#10 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam and Cap are equals in my eyes. the only difference is that Adam doesn't restrain the usage of his power and Cap holds back
#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43408 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam is stronger.

#12 Posted by karrob (4278 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" Black Adam is stronger. "
#13 Posted by Captain Insan0 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam is stronger everyone knows being slightly crazy or full on crazy adds load to your power. Why do you think Prime is such a beast cuz he is basically crazy
#14 Edited by ChadwickDavis (444 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically their power's come from the same source SHAZAM so they are technically equals in terms of power. In Black Adam's case he is less likely to pull his punches in a fight or to share his power (Osiris is the only exception to this rule). Captain Marvel has shared his power with numerous people (Mary, Freddy, and the Lieutenant Marvels) and he is very well known for pulling his punches. 

Point Blank the only reason Black outclasses Captain Marvel (whether as Billy or Freddy) is selfless kid, and Black adam is a greedy murdrer (he even killed Billy and Mary's parents for some jewelry in a an egyptian tomb). Essentially it is the person behind the powers not the other way around.    

#15 Posted by AdamBloom (3 posts) - - Show Bio

No black Adam is stronger, granted not by alot, but this is due to him almost always being Black Adam, over time some of the power stored itself within his cells, this gets released when he turns human and then back into black adam.  
Second, he almost never divides his power with others  
Third. he does not pull his punches  
FOUR the most Important one of all  
He does not draw powers from Shazam due to the demoness Blaze making a deal with the Egyptian god Set.    This allows him to truly tap into the Old gods power

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.