Bizarro in the new 52?

#1 Posted by AmazingFantasy15 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

It's likely that Bizarro will make an appearance in the new 52 but if he does do you think he will have the same origin and will he be the latest version of Bizarro or a clone of superman like the first two? Also do you think he will appear in action comics or superman comics first and will he have the same powers as superman or his opposite powers like Arctic vision or flame breath?

#2 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Bizarro is among Superman's classic enemies and you yeah you are right, most likely he will appear in the reboot. I get the feeling that his origin would be closer to that of the clone or something similar anyway. No idea about the other two but I don't seen any reason why he shouldn't have his usual abilities.

#3 Posted by Connoronnor (18 posts) - - Show Bio

The New 52 Superman comic looks like it's just bringing new villains, and the quality of writing has been pretty off. The New 52 Action Comics, however, is about Superman's origin, so will have much more to do with already established villains. Based of this, and the fact that Grant Morrison loves to use all villains from a hero's Rogues Gallery when writing for them (as seen in his Batman run), it's much more likely we'll see Bizarro in Action than Superman. And it's going to be awesome.

#4 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

He could show up in Superboy, they are both clones of superman so it would make sense.

#5 Posted by Reaper042 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

but what if like he thinks he's the real superman like in the animated series then when he finds he out hes fake his mind breaks and he starts talking the way he does

#6 Posted by The Finality (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Morrison leaves after 16 or 17. Andy Diggle replaces him with 18. So far, we've already seen Morrison use Brainiac, Lex, and Metallo, with an updated version of the Kryptonite Man (K-Squad/K-Men), and I think the Kryptonite Man himself appeared in a recent annual), and mention of Mr. Mxy. It has been revealed however, with Scott Lobdell taking over the Superman self titled comic, that it will feature a crossover with Superboy and Supergirl, featuring a character named H'ell, who looks very similar to Bizarro, with the reversed "S-Shield" on his chest.

#7 Edited by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

He's going to appear in villains month. I thought that what Alan Moore did with him in Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? was really interesting, and I'd love to see it explored more

#8 Edited by Herokiller12344 (973 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, he looks terrible. They couldn't just go with the regular purple and burgundy version of the super suit?

#9 Posted by koshi_waza88 (950 posts) - - Show Bio

Been following bizzaro in forever evil and just had a wild idea bizzaro is a clone of superman but what about his ice beams where would he get that .. well at some point the new version of captain cold loses his powers attacked by deathstorm who looks as tho he strips the meta human dna out of him... but what if lex got this dna and put it into his bizzaro clone it would provide a more modern scientific reason for his unusual freezing beams from his eyes

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.