Who made Bishop?

#1 Edited by extrastupidsupersnitch (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, who are Lucas Bishop's Parents? I can't remember if I've read about them or not.

He can absorb energy so that is kind of a hint.

#2 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84519 posts) - - Show Bio

Has it ever been stated? All I know is he was raised (with his sister) in a mutant camp and then raised by some blind dude.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm pretty sure it's never been stated, but in the ultimate universe his future isn't that far off so he's around currently

#4 Posted by extrastupidsupersnitch (130 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a mystery. I've seen him around for so long that I thought the information must be out there somewhere.

Marvel, the suspense is killing us…

#5 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

He and Shard were orphans. I don't think we have ever actually seen their parents, even in flashback.

#6 Posted by The_Absolute (892 posts) - - Show Bio

For a while there ,ever since Wolverine, Marvel has had a bad habit of making characters without much backstory, or "real" names especially with mutants and extra-especially with the X-Men.

#7 Posted by extrastupidsupersnitch (130 posts) - - Show Bio

A friend just told me that  Bishop might be the child of a girl called Threnody and her BF Nate Grey. Or maybe Rachelle Summer and Bishop gave birth to Bishops. Sounds strange but anything goes in Marvel.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio
extrastupidsupersnitch said:
"A friend just told me that  Bishop might be the child of a girl called Threnody and her BF Nate Grey. Or maybe Rachelle Summer and Bishop gave birth to Bishops. Sounds strange but anything goes in Marvel."

nate grey's dead
#9 Posted by Wildstar (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

All that's been stated about Bishop is that Gateway is his grandfather.

#10 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Thought Gateway was his great-grandfather?

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
" Thought Gateway was his great-grandfather?"
I'm his great grandfather....
#12 Posted by Wildstar (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

Same thing. I always thought he was related to M

#13 Posted by Vance Astro (91113 posts) - - Show Bio
Wildstar said:
"Same thing. I always thought he was related to M"
M's black?
#14 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah

#15 Posted by Wildstar (1012 posts) - - Show Bio

not completely, but then neither is Bishop.

#16 Posted by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio
Wildstar said:
"Same thing. I always thought he was related to M"
Scott Lobdell has said that he was just teasing us with that moment of disorientation when he thought M was his mother in Generation X issue... somewhere around #11-14. So it certainly wasn't his intention to say that M was his mother, but who knows, if he's an orphan, then he may not really be able to remember what she looks like. XD

Until Synch died, people thought he might've been Bishop's father. I think the timeline's been altered enough so that Bishop and his sis may not even be born in our timeline; and how's M-Day going to affect them if they had already been born?

But, in any case, Bishop & Shard get to stick around, right? Just like all the Summers-Grey offspring.
#17 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Starleafgirl said:

"I think the timeline's been altered enough so that Bishop and his sis may not even be born in our timeline; and how's M-Day going to affect them if they had already been born?"
The point of the messiah baby is that she is the key to the continuation of the mutant race, of which Bishop is probably a direct result. I believe M-Day could have happened in Bishop's timeline. The mutants dwindled after M-Day, then resurged after the birth of the messiah baby, who in turn caused Bishop's timeline/future by killing a whole lot of people. That is why he wants her dead.
#18 Edited by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio
She?

With red hair?

Anyone else think it's Jean? XD

Anyway, nice theory. It could happen (or could've happened or...yeah.) Has there been any official word on why he'd want a baby dead? If it's Jean, that would explain why Cable wants her alive. I really don't pay attention to this stuff.
#19 Posted by extrastupidsupersnitch (130 posts) - - Show Bio
Wildstar said:
"All that's been stated about Bishop is that Gateway is his grandfather."
This is too confusing. They need to make a family tree for everyone and put it on the marvel site.
#20 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

His mommy and daddy.

#21 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
" Thought Gateway was his great-grandfather?"

That would be correct.
#22 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

So why didn't Bishop try to protect Gateway from the Marauders? He's one cold-hearted cyborg.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.