Problem with Time Travel

#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, so I have a hard time buying into this whole Messiah Complex thing with Bishop trying to kill this little girl.

• If Bishop is from the Future, he should have known who she is an been able to to kill her mother before she was born and the X-Men even became aware of her existance.
  • Bishop could have also traveled to that point in time and taken care of this before way back in his first appearance. I mean he knew it was eventually coming. Why didn't he try to stop it from happening sooner?
  • Now that he knows exactly where and when she was born, why not just go back in time now and stop it from happening?
#2 Posted by Ben Doverand Taykit (434 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody:
For the first 2, it is possible that she didnt make her appearence known until her later years,teens-early 20's. Also her entire family and city was destroyed so she would have no idea what her real name was and when she introduced herself she would have gone under an assumed name and not her natural name so no one would no where she came from not even her. Also since he came from a post-apocolyptic future, the reports on the destruction of her home town could have been lost in the war.

For the third. He might not know the exact date/place she was born. I son't think anyone ever actually stated that information around him. If he does know, then the only thing keeping him from going back in time is the writers wanting to draw this out and them praying no one notices how a time traveler isn't using time travel to fix his problem.
#3 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Because then we couldn't have this crappy crossover and completely derail all of Bishop's character development over the past 20 years.  :-D

>:-l

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.