Follow

Bishop

Character » Bishop appears in 2977 issues.

Lucas Bishop is a mutant from the 22nd century that traveled into the past, becoming a member of the X-Men, and later, the Uncanny X-Force. He has the mutant ability to absorb and redirect any kinetic energy that is used against him or that is released in his general vicinity. He is the first black male team member within the X-Men Universe.

How do you feel about Bishop's defeat in Cable #24?

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

Edited By Gold Dust Boi

Bishop has been chasing Cable and Hope through time since Cable #1 and now in Cable #24 the chase is over.  After 2 years of (in our time) of chasing through a multitude of time lines, Cable takes the remanents of Bishops time machine from him and deposits him at what looks like the end of time.  Now yes Bishop is still alive and of course he will come back...but its too late, he was Hope to stop her from destroying (or saving) everything and it looks like we will find out which one during Second Coming. So since i don't THINK Bishop is the antagonist of Second Coming, by the time he comes back it will be a moot point so for all intents and purposes he lost, Cable won, the chase is over.  So how did you feel about the culmination of this storyline? Was the ending worth the wait?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By xerox_kitty

Geez, nice title...  It's usually nice to warn people about spoilers first.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Baddamdog

That whole series was so repetitive!! Every issue was the same!! Bishop was good during Claremont''s and Davis' run on Uncanny, but Bishop as a villain just....just sucks!! He sucks now!!

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By dane

Great title here. To answer the question I thought it was pretty just and I really enjoyed the series so far but I think they warped Bishop's character beyond belief. It was a serious struggle and in the end Bishop lost by epic BFR. I can't wait to see where the series goes. I wasn't sure Cable would survive the journey and in way I think he still might be in trouble, he's a lot older now than he used to be.

Gold Dust Boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Gold Dust Boi
    @xerox-kitty:@Dane:  you guys are completely right.  should have been much more vague with the title of this blog, very sorry!

@Dane: totally agree with you!  hes 17 or 18 years older then when we last saw him and honestly wasnt he kinda older to begin with? i mean he did show up in 1990 with a full head of grey hair already.  And now hes been shot, lasered, locked up, crashed, and bodyslid almost to death.  I think that in the Second Coming promo that say "One Will Sacrifice" they are talking about Cable.  Think about it...his job is done.  Hope is grown and safe and strong and more importantly with the X-men so i'm thinking that either he's just done and Hope gonna be fine or she turns evil like Bishop thought and Cable dies to stop her.
    dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dane
    @Gold Dust Boi said:
    " @xerox-kitty:@Dane:  you guys are completely right.  should have been much more vague with the title of this blog, very sorry!

@Dane: totally agree with you!  hes 17 or 18 years older then when we last saw him and honestly wasnt he kinda older to begin with? i mean he did show up in 1990 with a full head of grey hair already.  And now hes been shot, lasered, locked up, crashed, and bodyslid almost to death.  I think that in the Second Coming promo that say "One Will Sacrifice" they are talking about Cable.  Think about it...his job is done.  Hope is grown and safe and strong and more importantly with the X-men so i'm thinking that either he's just done and Hope gonna be fine or she turns evil like Bishop thought and Cable dies to stop her. "
    Quite possible. It'd be maybe the only fitting death I've ever seen in comics. I think it's pretty random that Bishop planned to betray the team all along and the likes of Charles Xavier, Emma Frost and Jean Grey never noticed it, ever. I mean that's a pretty serious oversight.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Korg

Much the same as I felt about his defeats in issues #1-23. It did not provide any closure.

KumoriKunoichi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By KumoriKunoichi

I think BOTH Cable and Bishop are going to die. Maybe Cable'll die protecting Hope and maybe Hope'll kill Bishop. I think no matter what happens, Bishop's going to be one of the casualties.

Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Chesapeake

I am not sure that I read that well. I do not think he is death. He was sent to the future or got stock there. I can not believe I read the whole thing. The whole series was a big fiasco.  I do not remember that. Wow

Chesapeake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Chesapeake
    @Gold Dust Boi:   Did Bishop die? Do you know the true facts?
    Osiris1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Osiris1428

I mean, did the writers hate Bishop or what?

infonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By infonation

@Osiris1428: I know right? Sure Bishop has his faults but making him a villain?! Are you kidding me?! Bishop is not a bad guy, he's just a desperate anti-hero who sometimes goes to far in order to fught the good fight, it doesn't make him evil just more complex!

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By Kairan1979

Bishop was ruined by this arc. Why not create another character from alternate future to pursue Cable and Hope instead of messing up with Bishop?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.