Follow

Bishop

Character » Bishop appears in 2984 issues.

Lucas Bishop is a mutant from the 22nd century that traveled into the past, becoming a member of the X-Men, and later, the Uncanny X-Force. He has the mutant ability to absorb and redirect any kinetic energy that is used against him or that is released in his general vicinity. He is the first black male team member within the X-Men Universe.

Best Bishop costume?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sling Shot

I think Wilce' Portacio's original look for Bishop is the best. JRJR, Jim Lee,Jae lee,Carlos Pacheco and Tom Raney drew him good in this fit.

V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By V

Gotta give me a minute, I wander alot. You know I never cared for Bishop, its his character, just doesnt have a one of a kind personality. He has no real history, they should have made it a pair, him and Shared (his sister) togther it might have worked better.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sling Shot

Nobody in the vine but me cares about you Bish. Thats aight were used to doin for self.

Broken Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Broken Arrow

Are you Buckshot? Doesnt matter. I liked it back when Bishop thought Gambit had killed the X-Men, and it would have been so much better if he had. I lied alittle when I said I didnt like Bishop.

When he first stepped on the scene, you knopw tracking Fitzroy, and his boys got killed, that was cool. Now I really dont even know what he's doing. He should have been all up in Civil War, and even House of M, he was a non factor. Just another case of the man holding down a brotha.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sling Shot

Like I said nobody realy cares Bish.

Bishop's origin is coldblooded mane. It's the constant dousings of watered down writing that has him without an endearing identity today. They need to go back to his roots and stick with his origin a man raised in a pressure cooker of civil unrest, a superpowered concrete jungle, and he rose above his circumstances and honed his survival instinct to such a razors edge he has enough to share to save others too. He is no nonsense to the tenth power. For years he operated in a hope drained world trying to revive the dream of X. He reminds me of Huey P with super powers.
    Post Edited:2007-04-18 03:00:12

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sling Shot

Naw I aint Buck I'm Sling, Just another one of the Shot boys. But i'll take that as a compliment.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

I think he should've been killed when Onslaught was about to kill the X-Men, the fact that he survived the shot ruined that crossover from the outset. On top of that, they had built that traitor arc up for years and for it to end with Bishop getting a headache for an issue and then an identity crisis, total letdown.

*o yea, I think the original costumes the best too. Sling shot you should use some of that knowledge to beef up his bio http://www.comicvine.com/bishop/1503/ looks like you can write.
    Post Edited:2007-04-18 04:03:45

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Believe me, there was alot more wrong with the whole Onslaught story besides that.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Well yea but regarding Bishop, that was just silly.

GoocherLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GoocherLee

Bishop in the XSE Uniform with his Afro-Mullet was his best look. It was unique, bold even.

Now? He just looks like Luke Cage's brother from another mother. Even the M over his ey hasn't been drawn right since Portacio did it.

The whole "I'm in love with Deathbird" storyline was more boring than the last Howard the Duck comic.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sling Shot

Word up Gooch. Bish needs a nemesis that would focus him up. And he needs a makeover stat.

GoocherLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GoocherLee

If it were up to me, I'd revitalize Bishop's role as being the protector of the X-Men in some type of strike-force capacity. Giving him the opportunity to hit X-Enemies before they posed a serious threat to the students at the academy or to the members of the X-Men.

As his first assignment, I'd send him after Exodus or ...heh... some human adversaries.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sling Shot

Beautiful idea Gooch, I'd love to see Bishop as the pre-emptive strike-force. He should work as a black ops agent for the X-Men. Prof. X has employed sleeper agents in the past. People like Sage, who would be a perfect candidate for sleeper work IMO.They may even go on stakeout together and end up with a (go to the Love Child tread to get this reference.)little agent X

And his energy channeling should be explored more instead of relegated to "concussive blasts". if i'm not mistaken Bishop rechannels projectd energy after magnifying it. He doesn't change the nature of the channeled energy into concussive force. He absorbs fire and should spew an inferno.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.