Follow

Birds of Prey

Team » Birds of Prey appears in 439 issues.

The Birds of Prey are a group of female heroes headed by Barbara Gordon. Though the team's roster tends to rotate, the mainstays of the group have been Oracle/Batgirl, Black Canary, and Huntress.

Oracle should stay in her wheelchair

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Edited By Stamps

I should start off with saying that I love Barbara Gordon. She's one of my favorite characters, DC or otherwise. She was a great Bat-girl(definitely better than Stephanie) and Birds of Prey was one of the titles that first got me hooked on comic books. In most comics today, a tragedy, no mattter how bad will be redone and forgotten or miraculously changed in a couple of years. With Barbara it hasn't.  I know that many fans want her to walk again, but I don't think she should. The depth her accident has given her character makes her a fascinating read in pretty much any book she's in. Oracle is everything a superhero should be, strong, resilient and determined. No matter what life has thrown at Babs she's managed to come out of it stronger and uses her talents to help others in whatever way she can. 
    The only way I can think of making her character better is having  her and Dick getting back together, but that's mostly because i'm such a hopeless romantic when it comes to the two of them :)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Erik

Really though. With all the super friends that she has, there is really no reasonable way to explain why she would stay in the wheelchair forever. She has magic friends, tech friends, science friends and all kinds of other things that could fix her. I am surprised it has not been fixed so far actually. 

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero
    @Stamps:
    I can understand why you said she shouldn't walk again. It's part of the tragedies of the character and if she were to walk again, what will she do next. Of course she'll still be a crime fighter, but will she be a new superhero or something, IDK. Still, I think she should move on with a new guy that's above yet similar to her, Oracle  and Dick had on and off relationships for a while now so it's about time to call it quits.
    Stamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Stamps
    @erik:  yeah I've wondered that myself. They definitely have the ability to give her the ability to walk again in the DCU. I've always thought that at the very least she could get a green lantern ring and walk via the power of the ring. I mean if any DC character has "willpower" it's her.
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Erik
    @Stamps:  
    Maybe I am wrong though and everyone actually hates her. They avoid fixing her because they want to see her suffer. 
    Stamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stamps
    @Nerd Of A Hero:  I think they are trying to give her someone new in the Stephanie Brown Bat-girl series, after all those years of torturing Oracle fans with the ups and downs her and Dick's relationship, I think we deserve a happy ending for the two of them. :)
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @erik said:
    " @Stamps:  Maybe I am wrong though and everyone actually hates her. They avoid fixing her because they want to see her suffer.  "
    LOL
    Stamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stamps
    @erik:  ha ha maybe that's it.
    Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero
    @Stamps:
    Your right, she deserves a happy ending after the suffering she went through. But still, I'd say she should walk again, it's like DC universe don't have a place for her except taking the back seat.
    Stamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stamps
    @Nerd Of A Hero:  I can totally see why people want to see her walk again.  Walk or not she most definitely deserves her happy ending, that we can agree on.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.