Follow

Birds of Prey

Team » Birds of Prey appears in 439 issues.

The Birds of Prey are a group of female heroes headed by Barbara Gordon. Though the team's roster tends to rotate, the mainstays of the group have been Oracle/Batgirl, Black Canary, and Huntress.

Is "Birds of Prey" worth it?

sync1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am thinking of reading the series, but don't know if it's worth the money and time. I've tried out Birds of Prey #1, but it wasn't interesting to me.

I am a huge Batgirl fan, although. Overall, is it worth it?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

No, just read Batgirl.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

@sync1: No, the DCnU Birds of Prey is sub-par in pretty much every aspect. If you're looking for really good Birds of Prey stuff, you want to check out Gail Simone's original run, which starts at issue 56 of the first volume.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

I honestly don't understand the purpose of the team. What do they DO exactly? Why are they needed as a team?

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By DecoyElite

I honestly don't understand the purpose of the team. What do they DO exactly? Why are they needed as a team?

They team up, that's the only purpose of most teams.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

They team up, that's the only purpose of most teams.

Yeah, but other teams actually do things that matter. The JL save the world from big threats, the JLA are a counter measure for the JL and work directly for Waller. Stormwatch protects the Earth from Extraterrestrials, S.H.A.D.E handles supernatural threats, The JLI work all across the world to avoid international incidents that the JL would normally create. The Teen Titans currently are protecting young metahumans from those who would seek to abuse them. But the Birds..they seem to just form a team outta nowhere, and what have they accomplished? Stopping a guy who turns people to bombs? Stopping Poison Ivy from using them? It feels like they have no real purpose to gather together every week.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@the_stegman: Mostly they fight any kind street level crime inside and outsider of Gotham City.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By lifeboy

I say get it. You get 4 heroines for the price of one comic ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.