Follow

Birds of Prey

Team » Birds of Prey appears in 438 issues.

The Birds of Prey are a group of female heroes headed by Barbara Gordon. Though the team's roster tends to rotate, the mainstays of the group have been Oracle/Batgirl, Black Canary, and Huntress.

Has anyone actually seen this?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

So I just remembered how a couple of years ago (more like a decade) there was a Birds of Prey TV show that took place in "New Gotham" after Batman decided to peace because of some sissy argument with the Joker.

Has anyone actually seen this show and if so can you tell me if its worth watching in my spare time since when I have nothing better to do?

And why is Huntress's name Helena Kyle? Like WTF I know she's the bred of Bruce and Selena but still..

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BatteredArmor

I researched it and watched some clips, it didn't look that interesting, but I didn't actually watch it so my advice is limited

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By SoA

@ArturoCalaKayVee: birds of prey has oracle , huntress , and black canary. oracle is same as comics batgirl now wheelchair bound information / tech support. helena huntress kyle is the "half meta" child of bruce n selina (but doesnt know who her daddy is) who goes out and kicks but with her martial art skills and animal like agility n strength . black canary , called dinah on the show is a 17 year old who can see the dead / precog ... just crap is what im trying to say it was just a mess. oh and harley quinn is huntress's therapist (not joking)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

@BlackArmor: @SoA: I'm watching the pilot right now and it's absolutely ridiculous. Huntress is a rebellious teen who just told harley quinn off and that "SHE DOESN'T KNOW ME."

It's absolutely horrible. Not sure how it got a 6.5 out of 10 (which is decent.)

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

@ArturoCalaKayVee: Yeah all the info I found out about the plot and all the clips I saw of acting wasn't impressive at all, once I saw how bad the Theme song was I decided to just skip it

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By danhimself

it was HORRIBLE....really really really bad

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#7  Edited By xerox_kitty

There were legal problems about using certain characters in the show. Just like how the early years of Smallville rarely had any real Superman villains or supporting cast, they had to create new villains, skirt around the connection with Batman. It's also why Huntress wasn't really the Huntress that we all know from the comics. Too many changes that fans disliked it; not enough quality storyline or characterisation for non-comic readers to get hooked into.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Raiiyn

There were only 13 episodes made thank god. It was really horrible.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.