Birds Of Prey Team Revealed

• 70 results
Posted by G-Man (29415 posts) - - Show Bio
It was a busy day at WonderCon yesterday but here's some cool news we can't let slip by you. DC revealed who the characters are that were hiding in the shadows in the Birds Of Prey image. Perhaps with Brightest Day coming up, we know have the light to see them.

As you can see in the image to the right, we will now have Hawk and Dove on the team. You'll also notice that the Hawk seen here isn't Holly Granger, who met an untimely death in Blackest Night Titans #1, but instead it's Hank Hall.

Hopefully the issue on why some characters returned from the dead in Blackest Night #8 will be addressed here. I wonder what having Hank on the team will do to the dynamics of how they operate. He can be a little difficult to control at times. 

What are your thoughts on these two joining? Were they who you thought they'd be? Are you happy to see Hawk and Dove back? How will the two work together and how will they work on the team with the others?  We'll find out in May when the first issue goes on sale.
Staff
#1 Posted by Dane (10474 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally preferred Holly Granger, like 1000x.

#2 Posted by danhimself (21903 posts) - - Show Bio

Johns said at WonderCon that Dove would pay a huge part in Brightest Day

#3 Posted by Queen's Halo (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm shocked. In a good way. (I also would have preferred Holly as well.)

#4 Posted by Dane (10474 posts) - - Show Bio

Although I love Benes art-work, especially on women, does anyone else notice Black Canary and Oracle look exactly the same in the face except for the glasses?

#5 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27082 posts) - - Show Bio

darn, I was hoping for Cassie .... oh well 

thanks for the news though!

#6 Edited by NightFang (9640 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have preferred if two Hawk and Dove teams where around. (Hank + Don & Holly + Dawn.)    

#7 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's great that these two are gonna be in birds of prey :) ,however i was actually hoping for misfit to be on the team.......but hawk and dove will be okay .....for now. 
P.S does anyone anyone know where misfit is??? ...I know black Alice has appeared in secret six , but i don't think misfit has appeared in a comic for awhile now... 

#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8107 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
"Johns said at WonderCon that Dove would pay a huge part in Brightest Day "

Yeah! Whenever Dove would come up in the panel all he said was "I can't talk about it"...  

I thought Birds of Prey was all women? 
#9 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

we'll see...we'll see...

#10 Posted by HaHaManHV (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, I mean I trust Gail SImone and all, but Hawk and Dove are odd choices to start the team with. It should be a good book though, and hopefully they will have mention of the previous Hawk, who I believe was Dove's sister.

#11 Posted by danhimself (21903 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" @danhimself said:
"Johns said at WonderCon that Dove would pay a huge part in Brightest Day "
Yeah! Whenever Dove would come up in the panel all he said was "I can't talk about it"...  I thought Birds of Prey was all women?  "
well they are birds
#12 Posted by GreenGriffin (67 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to know Babs feelings on this.

I would have to say i liked the Female Hawk alot better.

#13 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooo. Glad to see Huntress and BC.  ^_^
What's Hank doing there? - The BOP should be all women. & Holly was alot better.

#14 Posted by Dane (10474 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
" Wooo. Glad to see Huntress and BC.  ^_^ What's Hank doing there? - The BOP should be all women. & Holly was alot better. "
Agreed. Hank has a 2D personality and Holly was hot.
#15 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
" @AngelFrost said:
" Wooo. Glad to see Huntress and BC.  ^_^ What's Hank doing there? - The BOP should be all women. & Holly was alot better. "
Agreed. Hank has a 2D personality and Holly was hot. "
Ditto. :/ stupid writers.
#16 Posted by wonderhero (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I like hawk and dove! :D but it does feel weird without holly though.....

#17 Posted by danhimself (21903 posts) - - Show Bio

the only thing I've read with Holly was the Teen Titans: Blackest Night mini so she never had a chance to grow on me

#18 Posted by johnny_spam (2028 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's interesting to see Hank Hall on the team considering he was nuts last time he was alive. 

@wonderhero
said:

" I like hawk and dove! :D but it does feel weird without holly though..... "
@wonderhero:  It's funny to say that since Hank Hall has been Hawk longer.
#19 Posted by wonderhero (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam: yeah i know lol, it's a shame they killed her off though..that character had plenty of potential..... I've just got used to the character too... :/
#20 Posted by johnny_spam (2028 posts) - - Show Bio
@wonderhero: @wonderhero said:
" @johnny spam: yeah i know lol, it's a shame they killed her off though..that character had plenty of potential..... I've just got used to the character too... :/ "
I tend to think of Hank as Hawk since his run lasted from 1967-1991.
#21 Posted by Gregomasta (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Hall's got ALL da sexy ladies.

#22 Edited by ChadwickDavis (443 posts) - - Show Bio

@johnny spam:
Duly noted. However Holly made a better Hawk than hank because she was assertive and intense not arrogant and mentally unstable she was essentially Huntress with the powers of Chaos whereas Hank is more like Damien (Batman and talia's son) or Major Force with the same powers.  Hank to me seems like an excuse not  to use Nightwing/ Batman (Dick Grayson) in BOP, just like he was the cop out for Monarch as opposed to originally using Captain Atom   

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (90727 posts) - - Show Bio

Revealed? Usually when I see the words revealed I expect a surprise.None here :(

#24 Posted by lostlantern13 (859 posts) - - Show Bio

I shall be picking this up. Aside from Dove's importance in "Brightest Day" (although, I'm sure that'll be covered in the BD series), Simone + Birds of Prey = Win.

#25 Posted by ChadwickDavis (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benzo:
I Agree. Misfit has to much potential to be left in the cold, she's like an anti Black Alice.  She teleports, she has beaten the BOP's heavy hitters (by herself) and she has a humanity that Barbara seems to have forgotten. Bring back Misfit   
#26 Posted by Clara Mass (7662 posts) - - Show Bio

I told everyone it was gonna be Hawk and Dove but I'm disappointed that Holly is remaining dead

#27 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh...Shiva needs to be back on the team.

#28 Posted by jlat89 (317 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm excited for this series
mainly because I won't have to pick up Batgirl to read about Barbara 
w00t

#29 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I suppose that a lineup that is nearly identical to the old lineup is a relief, if not an outright surprise.

#30 Posted by danhimself (21903 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that Cassandra Cain makes her return in this series just so Ed Benes draws her

#31 Edited by cmaprice (787 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see a Birds of Prey/Birds of War crossover. They can team up against Ra's al Ghul and the Talibum. 

#32 Posted by Comiclove5 (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm definitely buying this series
#33 Posted by E.I.S.A.M. (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone's complaining but a hawk is literally a bird of prey.... If there's anyone who, by definition alone doesn't belong, it's dove, and canary..... But it all still works for me. It's like any team, you gotta have someone there of the opposite sex to everyone else. Hawk is their Wonder Woman.

#34 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Big Barda :( but I guess this will have to do.....

#35 Posted by Quest (108 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe i will check out the series 
#36 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still gonna buy this but I'm sorta upset that Holly isn't here. And Misfit too, I could'e sworn that was her!
#37 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't want to pick up this book due to I don't give a crap about any of these characters and Gail Simone.

But Hank Hall..

#38 Posted by Emerald Warrior (182 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm.. I thought one of the shadows was going to be Batwoman... I'm not sure how a feel about H&D joining. They don't really fit in, I mean, Hawk's a dude!

#39 Posted by Cylencer (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Well okay so the dead guy comes back to life and joins a team that has been all women in the past... interesting twist there.

#40 Posted by Owen_Porter (83189 posts) - - Show Bio

The new(er) Dove sparked my interest in Blackest Night so I'm looking forward to seeing her in Birds of Prey. I am a little surprised that Cassandra Cain is not on the team, but hopefully that means she's tied up in a bigger comic....Batman for instance ;)

#41 Posted by ArachKnight (165 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth:
Really? I have really liked everything she does. She made this series worth it - After Gail left and they started adding more more members I didn't like it as much. I really like her Wonder Woman too....  

Why don't you give a crap about these charecters?
#42 Posted by ArachKnight (165 posts) - - Show Bio
@ChadwickDavis:
Nightwing could be kindof fun on the team - Since he has a history with two of it's memebers. Add that to the writting of Gail Simone and you have gold!  
#43 Posted by Buffalo_Squeeze (7 posts) - - Show Bio

So white its kinda painful...

#44 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

There is a sort of sense of justifiable irony in this team. It used to be that in comic teams it would be a group of men with a token female member. Now, we have Hawk who is the token male member. lol

#45 Posted by jlat89 (317 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArachKnight: 
except Nightwing is Batman right now
I don't see Barbara being able to order him around anyway haha
#46 Posted by 04nbod (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane: Holly had zero personality, how attractive she was drawn is meaningless
#47 Posted by Dane (10474 posts) - - Show Bio
@04nbod said:
" @Dane: Holly had zero personality, how attractive she was drawn is meaningless "
So, what makes her different to Hank?

His personality is "I'm angry, grr!" - lame.
#48 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

i give Hawk and Dove like 2 story arc max before they realize that everyone hates them

#49 Posted by Nighthunter (28561 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are so many people complaining about Holly? Seriously, her existence didn't even make sense and made a mess out of the continuity of Hawk & Dove

#50 Posted by Clara Mass (7662 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter said:
"Why are so many people complaining about Holly? Seriously, her existence didn't even make sense and made a mess out of the continuity of Hawk & Dove "

Holly is hot point blank lol I just liked her and it was sad to see her bumped off.  I'm cool with Hank just not excited

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.