Follow

Birds of Prey

Team » Birds of Prey appears in 438 issues.

The Birds of Prey are a group of female heroes headed by Barbara Gordon. Though the team's roster tends to rotate, the mainstays of the group have been Oracle/Batgirl, Black Canary, and Huntress.

A Comic Based TV Show That Actually Had Potential

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RubyShadesp3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By RubyShadesp3

I recently picked up a copy of the short lived Birds of Prey TV show at Walmart for under $20. When the show originally aired almost eight years ago I was only able to see the first handful of episodes (just less than half of the series) due to tutoring a classmate. So I was very excited to finally see the complete series. When I rewatched the aired pilot I was completely dumbfounded at how much the shots reminded me of comic panels. The feel is something that I think a lot of comic based movies/shows try to accomplish but fail at executing properly. BOP was not one of them. 

While the series had a few semi-cringe worthy moments (especially the ending of the second to last episode), for the most part it was quality comic based TV. The dialogue reminded me of the comics, the acting was believable, the storylines kept my interest, and the atmosphere was accurate. I really think The WB dropped the ball when they let this one go. It had great potential all around, and who knows where it could have gone!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By xerox_kitty

Sorry, but there is already a thread dedicated to the BoP TV Show.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.