Will it be Billy or Freddy?

#1 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

So, since billy batson had been stripped of the power of shazam and it is now with freddy freeman, its putting the question in my head, with him possibly getting his own comic again, will cap be billy or freddy? I would personally hope that its billy

#2 Edited by The_Tree (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Billy, and I think just about every CM fan wants Billy. 
Freddy's cool, but he's not, nor ever will be the true Captain Marvel.

#3 Posted by noj (1091 posts) - - Show Bio
@RScottH08: Definatly either Billy, or they will go with the Flashpoint route and have all the kids form up together to become Captain Marvel. Either way I have a feeling that in the Reboot he will be called Captain Thunder like he was iin Flashpoint
#4 Posted by Billy Batson (58343 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring Billy, goddammit.

BB

#5 Posted by The_Tree (7975 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: Seeing as you're a huge fan of Billy, how would you feel if they took the Flashpoint route with Captain Marvel?
#6 Posted by Aiden Cross (15526 posts) - - Show Bio

It better be Billy..

#7 Posted by Billy Batson (58343 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Tree

Well, I haven't read flashpoint so I will check him out and tell you later.

BB

#8 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope they dont go the flashpoint route, just good old classic billy is what i want. the whole 7 in 1 thing was to much to me. i felt like everytime they turned into 'captain thunder' the were forming a robot from power rangers or sumthin lol 

i also hope that he just stays captain marvel and not captain thunder like flashpoint either

#9 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

As something different, maybe they could start with Freddie, and after Freddie loses the powers to Billy, Billy will then take over the title?

Just saying...
#10 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

i want it to be billy but will they be on their own earth is what im wondering bc the Marvel family used to have their own universe

#11 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@QuasarPrime
:   
I actually like that idea, perhaps freddy does something to be deemed unworthy like billy, then billy could prove himself once again and regain the power

@DEGRAAF: 
Actually i wouldnt mind that either, kinda cool to have a golden age feel world to read about, good question 

#12 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
i want it to be billy but will they be on their own earth is what im wondering bc the Marvel family used to have their own universe
they could put him in the same world as the JSA
#13 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK
O wow, i forgot bout jsa, then have the golden age jsa plus captain marvel. there a perfect golden age world. i like it
#14 Posted by Baddamdog (2212 posts) - - Show Bio

Billybillybillybilly 

How in the WORLD is there no sign of captain marvel even with this reboot!?!? It's absolute madnesss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

#15 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio
@Baddamdog
well there is the an interview from brian azzarello from a couple of weeks ago, he didnt say much at all except, "shazams coming, alright." so it will probably come out when batman inc, and jsa do, i'd say early next year in maybe january or so
#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want CM to appear already ...Jeez...

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Freddy, I really do, but Billy Batson is and always will be the one, true Captain Marvel.

#18 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK said:
@DEGRAAF said:
they could put him in the same world as the JSA

that would be interesting bc while it seems like a long long long long shot, i figured they would show Kal-L in the JSA or say that he died and that is why Powergirl is on the team (if she is on the new JSA)

I would want Captain Marvel and Shazam in the Main DCU

#19 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13671 posts) - - Show Bio

its only right for Billy to be the one they bring in, They should change his codename to Shazam though.

#20 Posted by nrgb2814 (119 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy!... Do you need to ask? He's the original, the real deal! The CM we all know and/or love!

#21 Posted by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

it just seemed like they really wanted freddy as cm to be succesfull and it kinda didnt happen, like i said earlier, i do want it to be billy, but i keep getting this wierd feeling that they might try to push freddy onto us, which i hope isnt the case
#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35128 posts) - - Show Bio

"With these 6 kids combined, I am Captain Thunder"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.