why isnt Cap Marvel no.1 in the powers section?

#1 Posted by batpool (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Because from what I remember, Superman has gotten "pwned" by him multiple times.

#2 Posted by buhdlight (87 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's not a "who's most powerful" ranking. It's more a who's won more fights in the battle threads. Superman is a standard that people like to match up in battles, so he's in alot more fights than Captain Marvel.

#3 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11275 posts) - - Show Bio

buhdlight says:

"I think it's not a "who's most powerful" ranking. It's more a who's won more fights in the battle threads. Superman is a standard that people like to match up in battles, so he's in alot more fights than Captain Marvel."

he makes a good point.

am a huge fan of Cap. joint with Sups.

#4 Posted by Vrakmul (23883 posts) - - Show Bio

Because of one thing, Hulk fanboys. They will never ever let anyone have a higher ranking than their idol around here.

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11275 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Because of one thing, Hulk fanboys. They will never ever let anyone have a higher ranking than their idol around here. "

and also a good point

#6 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides that if you mean in terms of strength their mangog surtur fafnir walker those people smash marvel in strength and in power. Their either not known or the fanboys didn't even give them a chance. Besides did you see how low galactus was hulk is higher then him lol.

#7 Posted by Barry Flash (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Dreadnaught says:

"Because of one thing, Hulk fanboys. They will never ever let anyone have a higher ranking than their idol around here. "

Haha, so true...so true.

#8 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

It's really more popularity. You'll notice most of the really popular characters are high on the rankings and characters who would wipe the floor with them are rather low. Take Green Lanterns. They would cream most of the people who are high on power rankings like Superman but they're very low. Also, most of the time you'll start at a character's home page to do battles or you select one character to have power ranking battles be done with them. So the combination of characters like Hulk and Superman being more popular so more people will do battles with them and them being way overrated so they'll win most of the time equals them being really high on power rankings.

#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91542 posts) - - Show Bio

Why even ask.It's fan votes..case closed.

Moderator Online
#10 Posted by Buckshot (18708 posts) - - Show Bio

buhdlight says:

"I think it's not a "who's most powerful" ranking. It's more a who's won more fights in the battle threads. Superman is a standard that people like to match up in battles, so he's in alot more fights than Captain Marvel."

The wins are not tied to the Battle Threads.

White Phantom says:

"Take Green Lanterns. They would cream most of the people who are high on power rankings like Superman but they're very low."

Care to prove that? If you're going to continue saying it, I'd like you to back it up.

http://www.comicvine.com/message/green-lanturn-vs-superman/27357/&postId=583653&page=4

#11 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"buhdlight says:

White Phantom says:

"Take Green Lanterns. They would cream most of the people who are high on power rankings like Superman but they're very low."

Care to prove that? If you're going to continue saying it, I'd like you to back it up.

http://www.comicvine.com/message/green-lanturn-vs-superman/27357/&postId=583653&page=4

"

Seriously, I have other things to do then re-start a battle that wasn't going anywhere and probably wouldn't go anywhere.

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"buhdlight says:

White Phantom says:

"

while Green Lanterns are amazingly powerful, they have one fundamental weakness...

The Green Lantern Ring can be removed from the battle very easily by anyone with super speed as a power.

if you're ranking shields, blast power or energy constructs... hell, pretty much anything else come to think of it, Green Lanterns are amazingly powerful, but you must remember that the Ring is a weapon, just like a gun, and against speed levels like Superman, Flash and the like, it can easily be removed from a battle.

M

#13 Posted by Buckshot (18708 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to make it clear (although I think I said this in the other thread) I'm not saying GL's aren't powerful on their own (and more powerful than Superman), but one wouldn't "cream" Superman in a fight if they were both fighting to the best of their ability. I think I've taken this off topic far enough and since White Phantom won't respond anyway, I don't have any more to say.

#14 Posted by White Phantom (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I'll respond, I was just away for the whole day yesterday. Anyway what I meant to imply was that a GL has the potential to beat Superman or at least come very close so if it was really based on power levels then GLs would be much closer to the top then further down. I didn't mean to start a of-topic argument it was just intended to be an example to go along with the discussion of Captain Marvel's place in power rankings. That was all. I acknowledge that Superman also has it in his potential to beat a GL, it was just meant to add to the topic.

#15 Edited by SUNMAN (7269 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"batpool said:
"

Because from what I remember, Superman has gotten "pwned" by him multiple times.

"
oh really

"
can't even see it,sunman, but is this the justice league unlimited episode?
#17 Posted by SUNMAN (7269 posts) - - Show Bio

yea my bad I will post it again. I know it is not Cannon but whatever

#18 Posted by Magicalmoment (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, i watch that on tv before,it was quite nice

#19 Posted by PowerHerc (85517 posts) - - Show Bio

Because he's not the most popular.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.