Follow

Billy Batson

Character » Billy Batson appears in 2499 issues.

The original Captain Marvel, deemed worthy of becoming the champion of the ancient Wizard Mamaragan, whenever he utters the word "Shazam", young Billy Batson is struck by a magical thunderbolt and gains vast divine powers and abilities, transforming him into Magic's Champion, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Shazam!

Who should write and draw it?

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RScottH08

So who do you all think should write and who should draw the new Captain Marvel/Shazam series, if what Brian Azzarello said was true and he gets his own series again.
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By the_tree

I'd love to see Paul Cornell teamed with Vicente Cifuentes. 
    Cornell has consistently proven that he can write a damn good comic, and I really liked Cifuentes' art on the Emperor Aquaman Flashpoint tie-in. 
    Plus, they both just seem like perfect fits for the character.

RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RScottH08
    @The_Tree
    I was actually thinkin of Cifuentes as a posibility too, but i didnt even think of Cornell, wouldnt mind him at all. as long as Billy stays captain marvel and its written well, i actually would be fine with alomost anybody. but Cornell would be great, i enjoyed his action run and batman and robin run
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By the_tree
    @RScottH08: I really liked Action. And that's what I want too, I don't want a CM book without Billy being Captain Marvel!
    RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RScottH08
    @The_Tree
    Exactly, ive always said Clark Kent will always be Superman, Bruce Wayne will always be Batman, no matter who replaces him he will always come back. That being said Billy Batson should and will always be Captain Marvel to me.
    RScottH08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RScottH08

I also wonder if he would end up in the new JSA as well?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.