What the general mainstream public would thing of captain marvel

#1 Posted by CrimsonCake (2673 posts) - - Show Bio

If (or when) Captain Marvel gets his own live-action movie, action figures,coffee mugs,etc.Do you think the average non-comic book fan would like captain marvel kind of how people liked iron man when he got his live-action movie?

#2 Posted by Billy Batson (57905 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure why not. They already liked him more than Superman in the beginning without any movies so it's not impossible.
BB

#3 Posted by Cosmic_Hobo (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I have my doubts. The main character actually being a child, getting his powers from a wizard... I think this is one of the things that works in comics, but would not translate onto screen, and it would put a huge number off people off the movie. Unless they specifically made it a children's film, which would then anger the fan base.

That said, I never thought Thor would work as a film, and I loved it, so... shrug

#4 Posted by wrestlgurl (21 posts) - - Show Bio

In the 70's the live action Saturday morning Shazam! show was very popular. Of coarse that was a different time, but Billy's story is a good one(has lasted for over 60 years) so if the movie is done right, I think it could be awesome. Just think of a titanic battle between Captain Marvel and Black Adam on the big screen. Could really be stellar.

#5 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if the general public would like a Captain Marve/SHAZAM movie for the same reasons it liked "Iron Man" but I do think the general public would like a movie about Captain Marvel/SHAZAM if the story and production were done well.

#6 Posted by Illuminatus (9503 posts) - - Show Bio

I woud gladly see a Shazam! film.

#7 Edited by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2218 posts) - - Show Bio

I think an animated show would be great for Captain Marvel. You have a story that centers around a boy gaining powers, awesome villains (Black Adam, Dr. Sivana, etc), great supporting cast with strong females (Mary Marvel, Isis). I think it would make for a great all ages family show, and could even be the next Ben 10.

#8 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see them liking it they way pepole like Harry Potter

#9 Edited by LyraFay (2515 posts) - - Show Bio

I have my doubts. The main character actually being a child, getting his powers from a wizard... I think this is one of the things that works in comics, but would not translate onto screen, and it would put a huge number off people off the movie. Unless they specifically made it a children's film, which would then anger the fan base.

That said, I never thought Thor would work as a film, and I loved it, so... shrug

Really I though the whole child turning a superhero is sort of a wish-fulfillment both to adults and children which Captain Marvel whole-hardheartedly represents, it could be like Harry Potter meets Superman and could defiantly work if done correctly. If Warner Brothers did it, it would have actually be like the Marvel films of late because some part of me doesn't think he could work well in the cinematic universe they're trying to create.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.