Follow

Billy Batson

Character » Billy Batson appears in 2491 issues.

The original Captain Marvel, deemed worthy of becoming the champion of the ancient Wizard Mamaragan, whenever he utters the word "Shazam", young Billy Batson is struck by a magical thunderbolt and gains vast divine powers and abilities, transforming him into Magic's Champion, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Shazam!

Serious Shazam question

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By justanormalguy

With his new name being now Shazam, if someone were to ask his name and he told them, would he turn back into Billy? Didn't think about that one, did you comic writers? Fail.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

That has been resolved at least since 2007, so no, it isn't a problem and definitely not a fail. Also moved to the Billy Batson board.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Morpheus_: That's if they keep that in. Robinson missed it in Cry for Justice.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Morpheus_: That's if they keep that in. Robinson missed it in Cry for Justice.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Did Freddie actually appear in CfJ, though? I forget. All I recall is the creepy relationship between Prometheus posing as Shazam and Supergirl.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@Morpheus_: Yeah. Freddy was gagged. Then released and Shazamed. I was like MEGAFACEPALM when I see it.

justanormalguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By justanormalguy

How has it been resolved...?

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel

@justanormalguy: In Trials of Shazam, Billy took Shazam's stead as Lord Marvel. Making the position of Captain Marvel open. Freddy took on a role of quests to become Shazam. During one of the trials he summoned the power of Shazam via his will. So he could say the name and it wouldn't strike him, but he could will it to come and the bolt would strike.

Friskynesss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Friskynesss

I remember Freddy becoming Captain Marvel but was referred to as SHAZAM (Trials of SHAZAM) and insisted he be called Freddy (Cry for Justice, I believe)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.