Serious Shazam question

#1 Posted by justanormalguy (114 posts) - - Show Bio

With his new name being now Shazam, if someone were to ask his name and he told them, would he turn back into Billy? Didn't think about that one, did you comic writers? Fail.

#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

That has been resolved at least since 2007, so no, it isn't a problem and definitely not a fail. Also moved to the Billy Batson board.

#3 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: That's if they keep that in. Robinson missed it in Cry for Justice.

#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Morpheus_: That's if they keep that in. Robinson missed it in Cry for Justice.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Did Freddie actually appear in CfJ, though? I forget. All I recall is the creepy relationship between Prometheus posing as Shazam and Supergirl.

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Yeah. Freddy was gagged. Then released and Shazamed. I was like MEGAFACEPALM when I see it.

#6 Posted by justanormalguy (114 posts) - - Show Bio

How has it been resolved...?

#7 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@justanormalguy: In Trials of Shazam, Billy took Shazam's stead as Lord Marvel. Making the position of Captain Marvel open. Freddy took on a role of quests to become Shazam. During one of the trials he summoned the power of Shazam via his will. So he could say the name and it wouldn't strike him, but he could will it to come and the bolt would strike.

#8 Posted by Friskynesss (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember Freddy becoming Captain Marvel but was referred to as SHAZAM (Trials of SHAZAM) and insisted he be called Freddy (Cry for Justice, I believe)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.