Follow

Billy Batson

Character » Billy Batson appears in 2499 issues.

The original Captain Marvel, deemed worthy of becoming the champion of the ancient Wizard Mamaragan, whenever he utters the word "Shazam", young Billy Batson is struck by a magical thunderbolt and gains vast divine powers and abilities, transforming him into Magic's Champion, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Shazam!

Lightning and the Marvels

Fata_Morgana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Fata_Morgana

So I was caught in the rain walking home the other day, and it made me wonder:

What would happen if one of the Marvel/SHAZAM family were, by chance, hit with a normal bolt of lightning? Would they transform, or would they be injured?

On a similar note, what would happen to the Flash if he was hit by the magical lightning?

Fata_Morgana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Well I think they would be injured by normal lightning,since it isn't magical (and can easily be seen as an attack).

If the flash were hit by magical lightning he would also be injured and maybe even gravely injured/killed/

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@cameron83: I think I read somewhere that any magical lightning could transform him even if he doesn't say the word is that true?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm...I never heard of that.

It COULD be true,I just don't know of it.I'll look it up right now...

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what wiki says:

As he was transformed by magic lightning, Captain Marvel was shown in several stories to be susceptible to both high-powered magic, which can weaken or de-power him, and to significantly high voltages of electricity which can revert him back to Billy Batson form. Likewise, lightning could transform Billy to Captain Marvel.

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.