Follow

Billy Batson

Character » Billy Batson appears in 2498 issues.

The original Captain Marvel, deemed worthy of becoming the champion of the ancient Wizard Mamaragan, whenever he utters the word "Shazam", young Billy Batson is struck by a magical thunderbolt and gains vast divine powers and abilities, transforming him into Magic's Champion, the World's Mightiest Mortal, Shazam!

If i was writing mainstream Captain Marvel........

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

These are things i would do 

1) Kill off Freddy Freeman. This guy needs to die. He had no right to become Captain Marvel. And now he should put to justice. 

Kill him off
    Kill him off

2) Bring back Billy Batson as Captain Marvel. Billy was the true Captain Marvel.
    Bring him back
    Bring him back

3) Do not bring back Mary Marvel. Just keep Billy Batson as Captain Marvel. So he is not sharing his power. He has full access to his power. 

4) Potray Billy as 23. He should be 23. He was Captain Marvel since Dick Grayson was Robin. This doesn't make sense to have him at 15. 

5) Give Captain Marvel some nice art. I mean really goot art.

6) Give Billy Batson some friends. Like a best friend. Instead of Mary or Freddy. A friend who doesn't know he is Captain Marvel 

7) Make him date Power Girl. This would be a cool idea. A 23 year old Billy Batson dating Power Girl. 

8) This is all i want from DC. It's nothing much. 

If your wondering how will Billy become 23. Make the wizard Shazam turn him into a 23 year old or something. 

This is all i want from DC.

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Valtot
    @comicdude23:
    its not as easy as you think making billy 23. his concept is a young boy who can become captain marvel but is still a light hearted boy at heart. Its similiar to how they wont let franklin richards age or wont let superman have a child with lois 

dating powergirl- shes way older than him even if 23 its a bit to ask lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Valtot said:
    "@comicdude23: its not as easy as you think making billy 23. his concept is a young boy who can become captain marvel but is still a light hearted boy at heart. Its similiar to how they wont let franklin richards age or wont let superman have a child with lois  dating powergirl- shes way older than him even if 23 its a bit to ask lol "

He SHOULD be 23. Logically. He was Captain Marvel when Dick Grayson was Robin. I just think DC should actually try with him. Currently he is de-powered
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Valtot
    @comicdude23:
    well theres alot of ages writen wrong in comics most people just like the idea of billy being a kid that turns into a superhero. Being a human adult man that turns into a superhero doesnt seem as cool as a young boy that can turn into a superhero on a simple word

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Valtot said:
    "@comicdude23: well theres alot of ages writen wrong in comics most people just like the idea of billy being a kid that turns into a superhero. Being a human adult man that turns into a superhero doesnt seem as cool as a young boy that can turn into a superhero on a simple word "

I would want Billy to be 30 

But i would like DC to just make his age older
    Omega-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Omega-Man

Where is your proof that Billy should be 23? or 30 as you say as I am aware of Billy is the same age as Tim Drake who is at most 17 and Billy's origins didn't start when Dick Grayson became Robin if you are talking about cannon origins and not out of cannon origins. (Superman Batman public eneimes comic Batman states Billy is the same age as Tim) if Billy was 30 Superman and Power girl should be in there 60s due to the fact Superman should be older than Billy and so should Power girl.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Omega-Man said:
    "Where is your proof that Billy should be 23? or 30 as you say as I am aware of Billy is the same age as Tim Drake who is at most 17 and Billy's origins didn't start when Dick Grayson became Robin if you are talking about cannon origins and not out of cannon origins. (Superman Batman public eneimes comic Batman states Billy is the same age as Tim) if Billy was 30 Superman and Power girl should be in there 60s due to the fact Superman should be older than Billy and so should Power girl. "

I want Billy to be 30 

He WAS Captain Marvel when Dick was Robin
    Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Video_Martian
    @comicdude23 said:
    "    These are things i would do 

1) Kill off Freddy Freeman. This guy needs to die. He had no right to become Captain Marvel. And now he should put to justice. 
    Kill him off
    Kill him off

2) Bring back Billy Batson as Captain Marvel. Billy was the true Captain Marvel.
    Bring him back
    Bring him back

3) Do not bring back Mary Marvel. Just keep Billy Batson as Captain Marvel. So he is not sharing his power. He has full access to his power. 

4) Potray Billy as 23. He should be 23. He was Captain Marvel since Dick Grayson was Robin. This doesn't make sense to have him at 15. 

6) Give Billy Batson some friends. Like a best friend. Instead of Mary or Freddy. A friend who doesn't know he is Captain Marvel 

7) Make him date Power Girl. This would be a cool idea. A 23 year old Billy Batson dating Power Girl. 

If your wondering how will Billy become 23. Make the wizard Shazam turn him into a 23 year old or something. 

"
    I like your ideas.  Billy SHOULD be Capt. Marvel again, having Freddy as "Shazam" is one of the DUMBEST decisions that DC has ever made.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr.obvious said:
    " @comicdude23 said:
    "    These are things i would do 

Kill him off
    Kill him off

Bring him back
    Bring him back

"
    I like your ideas.  Billy SHOULD be Capt. Marvel again, having Freddy as "Shazam" is one of the DUMBEST decisions that DC has ever made. "

Agreed! 

And i bet the only reason DC called Freddy Freeman "Shazam" is because they have to put Shazam on the cover.
    Kalz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kalz

I totally agree. Captain Marvel is one of my favorite DC characters and i think it is a shame what they have done to Billy Batson. I know that DC is hesitant to shine some light on him due to the whole name thing and the fact that at one point he was outselling Superman but they should really give him a shot. And that whole sharing powers with Mary is retarded.

Avatar image for tacticalsandwich
    TacticalSandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TacticalSandwich

Just read Kingdom Come... only, and Billy Batson will be 20-30 forever

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.