Confuse on Captain Marvels powers

#1 Posted by Delete me (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Where does he get his powers from? They say it came from the greek gods then i saw this Lord of Magics can someone explain this.

#2 Posted by Izaiah (5198 posts) - - Show Bio

If I'm not mistaken, the Lords of Magic were introduced in Trials of Shazam, where Freddy Freeman (previously Captain Marvel, Jr.) was trying to become the new Captain Marvel (although calling himself Shazam).
Prior to this, I think the source of the Marvel Family's power were always meant to be the real Greco-Roman gods (plus one Biblical king).

#3 Posted by Delete me (66 posts) - - Show Bio
@Izaiah
So currently their power source are the Lords of Magic. But why do they need to change their source of power? How about Black Adam is he still powered by the egyptian gods?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.