Captain Marvels best artists and potrayl

#1 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio

out of all the Captain Marvel stories you have read, which has the best artist and potrayl

#2 Posted by iLLituracy (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Alex Ross hands down is the best artist that has done Captain Marvel. As far as best portrayal it'd be Power of Hope. I think Paul Dini wrote that but Ross did the art. Great book, but admittedly I've only read his modern appearances. 

In retrospect, I think the original Power of Shazam graphic novel was sort of lacking. For what it was slated to be, the modern age revival of Captain Marvel, it never really turned me onto the character.

#3 Posted by comicdude23 (11331 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
"I think Alex Ross hands down is the best artist that has done Captain Marvel. As far as best portrayal it'd be Power of Hope. I think Paul Dini wrote that but Ross did the art. Great book, but admittedly I've only read his modern appearances.  In retrospect, I think the original Power of Shazam graphic novel was sort of lacking. For what it was slated to be, the modern age revival of Captain Marvel, it never really turned me onto the character. "

I agree Alex Ross drew him the best, i liked Kingdom Come as his potrayl IMO
#4 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody has done a good a job as Alex Ross. 

#5 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Since I hate Alex Ross, I'm going with Howard Porter for art. 

Grant Morrison and Mark Waid for writing.

#6 Edited by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Lee Weeks Captain Marvel But I think Ultimate portrayal is the best.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123:
Nice images, but wrong Marvel.  This thread's about Billy Batson not Mar-Vell.
#8 Posted by jec777 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

alex ross is the sure winner here i think you should look for second best.  john byrne    
#9 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

@jec777:

I think you're right, John Byrne is the second best Captain Marvel artist ever.

#10 Posted by jec777 (233 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:
I like Lee Weeks Captain Marvel But I think Ultimate portrayal is the best.

jim starlin all the way, hands down, no contest is the mar-vell artrst of all time.
#11 Posted by Coluber (20 posts) - - Show Bio

C.C. Beck is the artist for me. But I've always liked more cartoonish art. Unless Shanower becomes a Captain Marvel artist...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.