Captain Marvel Joins DC's 'The New 52'

• 113 results
#101 Posted by Oedipus_Rex (40 posts) - - Show Bio

@rudorudo said:

Heard from Newsarama - they might actually just rename the character "Shazam" alltogether to finally put an end to the disputes and confusion with Marvel. I personally thought they should've done it sooner but this is perhaps the best time to address that seeing as they're rebooting a lotta stuff.

I don't think that will work. If they did how can the Big Red Cheese tell anyone his name without then changing into Billy?

#102 Posted by rudorudo (54 posts) - - Show Bio

@Oedipus_Rex: Hmmmm you do have a point, and the phrase is far too iconic to change - maybe they'll go with Captain Thunder as they did in Flashpoint, but i don't think that'll stick well. Maybe they'll just rework it somehow - i dunno, but then again they still stuck with Richard "Dick" Grayson ... so they might not change it at all, like how many Richard's do you know refer to themselves as Dick these days. xD

#103 Posted by Izaiah (5271 posts) - - Show Bio
@Oedipus_Rex said:

I don't think that will work. If they did how can the Big Red Cheese tell anyone his name without then changing into Billy?

Do it like in Trials of Shazam.  The word 'Shazam' only transforms you when you want it to.
#104 Edited by RScottH08 (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Just clarify this a little, and it might have already been, but i still see people asking, this is Billy Batson. It mentions him by name on the dc website. It also only refers to "his big red alter ego," so it doesnt clarify if it is Cap Marvel, thunder or whatever they are gonna call him. I would assume he stays marvel, since that is what most titles on all the articles on this have, but who knows.

#105 Posted by Vendel (355 posts) - - Show Bio

Billy!

#106 Posted by KidSupreme (826 posts) - - Show Bio

i.m soo excited!!!

#107 Posted by fivestarga (240 posts) - - Show Bio

I look forward to Black Adam making his return!!

#108 Posted by Coluber (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Shazam is a horrible name for a superhero. If Billy can't be called Captain Marvel, then, I'd rather he be called Captain Thunder (which was supposed to be his name anyway). The only part of his suit which I don't like, curiously enough, are his boots. As for Black Adam, I'd rather not see him right now; Captain Marvel has plenty of interesting villains, and the writers of DC tend to overhype Black Adam.

#109 Posted by victoriancuckoo (228 posts) - - Show Bio

cool, can't really imagine it, but I'm interested to see what happens

#110 Posted by HalJordan888 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hope this involves the whole Marvel Family and not just Billy or Freddy. Because I love all 3 of them.

#111 Posted by HolySerpent (12823 posts) - - Show Bio

This bullsh!t, Billy Batson deserves his own book

#112 Posted by The Sadhu (848 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY! Captain Marvel is back! I wonder how he will be written, will they go back to the Fawcett Comic days when Billy and Cap were two different minds... or will they go with the also interesting kid inside a grown mans body... or maybe something new? Can't wait!

#113 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@HolySerpent: Agreed!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.