Bring back Captain Marvel into prominence!

• 59 results
#51 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio
@Demas said:
" @ComicMan24 said:
" What surprises that is that while Billy didn't make many appearances in the last few years, Black Adam on the other hand rose in prominence. "
Which is fine, because Black Adam in either incarnation is an adult.  Childhood has nothing to do with his core character whereas it's everything to Billy- the singular defining characteristic that makes his mythos unique from other flying super-bricks.  The problem is that childhood isn't sustainable in the DCU. "
I don't think that the child thing is so important. I am not saying that isn't important at all of course. But with a decent writer this can be solved.
#52 Posted by Nighthunter (28578 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about you guys but I think that a new ongoing with Billy and his supporting cast on its own universe (Earth-5 I believe) would be the best option. I mean, Wonder Woman has a lock on the Greek Gods and you really don't have to care of the age of Billy there. He can remain at that age for ever :)

Think of in the cartoons of the nineties where we never saw the kid characters grow old and that when they ended since we didn't ahve a finite ending we could all pretend that they continued happily ever after

#53 Edited by PowerHerc (80842 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

"What surprises that is that while Billy didn't make many appearances in the last few years, Black Adam on the other hand rose in prominence. "

Yes, this happened but I don't like it.   
I think it sucks that DC has given Black Adam (who I consider to be Captain Marvel's greatest ememy)  the spotlight in the DC Universe; showcasing his true power-level and showing just haow dangerous a threat he really is, while leaving Captain Marvel essentially on the sidelines.  It's Bullshit!  Captain Marvel should have been the one to stop him.  

Would they make General Zod the major villain in a company-wide story-arc/crossover and not have Superman play a significant or decisive role in his defeat?  No.   
Would they have the Joker hatch some masterful universe threataning plan only to have Green Arrow take him down with no help from Batman?  No.   

Captain Marvel gets no respect.  That needs to change.
#54 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@Demas:  Because I feel it neccessary.  Billy being a kid is only a core of his character because of DC making it a core.  It's not like they can't just age the character and write stories about him as he grows, it's been done before successfully to, sure it's back in Billy's prime.  But the fans back then were able to appreciate and love what they read, and there is no reason why DC can't make stories with a grown up/ growing up Billy.  Especially when you have writers like Grant Morrison, Gail Simone, Geoff Johns, and more who want to write stories about such a Billy.  Billy and his child person being a core of his character is such a mundane reason to prevent a great character from getting the opportunity to shine.   
#55 Posted by Krakoa (550 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
    Captain Marvel gets no repect.  That needs to change. "
Amen. I don't know how I missed this thread, but CM fans unite!
#56 Posted by Primmaster64 (21137 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Billy's age too? He's should be like 22 by now.

#57 Posted by PowerHerc (80842 posts) - - Show Bio
@Krakoa:
Yes!  Unite ! 

Great avatar, btw, the Bandit is eternally cool.
#58 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
" @PowerHerc said:
" Captain Marvel deserves to be a top tier/A-list hero.   DC has never tried to make him one and I suspect it's because they don't want to risk him becoming more popular than Superman. "
That pretty much sums it up! "
DAMN RIGHT!!!!
#59 Edited by KentC13 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll jump in here to speak, I actually spent time to sign up here just on this topic. Captain Marvel [2nd to Batman of course] is probably the greatest mortal to ever wear a superhero outfit! I hate Superman will not support that fake doofus, he reminds me a mormon. Phony exterior with hidden Evil agendas, and weak to the color green's gem of kryptonite. Yet names his dog "Krypto"? And denies his DNA fused youth, Conner?

I think you get the point.

Captain Marvel encompasses alot of great things, and I can only get his merch from special locations in limited quantity. I love who fathomed the Superman saga in the first place, they must be dead laughing at the fans who are still hypnotized by this loser!

Captain Marvel/Batman/Son of Satan/Ant Man/The Question/Gladiator

That's all the superheroes I need. Besides, Cpt. helps Lex Luthor bringing the good back to Evil.. Few superheroes EVER do that!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.