Follow

Big Hero 6

Team » Big Hero 6 appears in 47 issues.

The first Japanese government-funded superhero team.

New 'Big Hero 6' Poster

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Disney/Marvel have released a new poster for Big Hero 6 featuring the lovable Baymax.

No Caption Provided

He may look a little different from his comic book counterpart but you have to admit he sure looks capable of winning over our heart if you saw the first teaser trailer released last month.

No Caption Provided

The movie will be released on November 7, 2014. Here's the official synopsis if you haven't seen it yet.

With all the heart and humor audiences expect from Walt Disney Animation Studios, “Big Hero 6” is an action-packed comedy-adventure about robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who learns to harness his genius—thanks to his brilliant brother Tadashi and their like-minded friends: adrenaline junkie Go Go Tamago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred. When a devastating turn of events catapults them into the midst of a dangerous plot unfolding in the streets of San Fransokyo, Hiro turns to his closest companion—a robot named Baymax—and transforms the group into a band of high-tech heroes determined to solve the mystery. Inspired by the Marvel comics of the same name, and featuring comic-book style action, “Big Hero 6” is directed by Don Hall (“Winnie the Pooh”) and Chris Williams (“Bolt”), and produced by Roy Conli (“Tangled”).

Are you going to check it out?

It does seem a little weird that it doesn't mention Marvel anywhere on the poster or in the trailer.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShadowX

The changes are interesting but I'm still looking forward to it. I still don't understand why they couldnt have it in tokyo.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@shadowx said:

The changes are interesting but I'm still looking forward to it. I still don't understand why they couldnt have it in tokyo.

That's what really bugs me.

kalorama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It does seem a little weird that it doesn't mention Marvel anywhere on the poster or in the trailer.

Not really. If they mentioned Marvel in the marketing, then most people would (wrongly) assume that the movie was meant to tie in to the established Marvel cinematic universe.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalorama said:

Not really. If they mentioned Marvel in the marketing, then most people would (wrongly) assume that the movie was meant to tie in to the established Marvel cinematic universe.

I highly doubt that considering there is Marvel animated movies that have nothing to do with the MCU.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh

Avatar image for manwithoutshame
    manwithoutshame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

finally a superhero with cankles

cloudguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 24

After watching the trailer I really think they're focusing on a younger audience.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudguy said:

After watching the trailer I really think they're focusing on a younger audience.

Well BH6 always was

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably check this out if I can, but it is strange that Marvel isn't mentioned in the poster. I would think that would be good for marketing.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

I'm guessing this movie will do big.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What was Big Hero Six originally? Was it a cartoon or comic book? I had never heard of it until the news of this movie started coming out.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jonny_anonymous: But none of those animated movies were feature length films in theaters.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: But none of those animated movies were feature length films in theaters.

Absolutely no one is going to get this film confused with the MCU stuff.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Not even little kids or their parents, this movie's target market? Absolutely some people would get mistaken.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@redlantern23: No chance. And even if it did, what does it matter?

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Yes, there's definitely a chance. Hence why they did it. Why else would they NOT put the Marvel logo somehwere on the promotional material?

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

its not weird at all that marvel isnt mentioned this is going to be crap and they dont want to ruin their brand. plus its big hero six in name only if they put "marvel's big hero six" people would at the least look up the comics if not read them and be like "what the heck is this movie and why is it so different from the comic"

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Teaser in front of Edge of Tomorrow was funny!

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
    MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

its not weird at all that marvel isnt mentioned this is going to be crap and they dont want to ruin their brand. plus its big hero six in name only if they put "marvel's big hero six" people would at the least look up the comics if not read them and be like "what the heck is this movie and why is it so different from the comic"

Maybe they just don't want it associated with the MCU because this is an animated feature that Disney is developing that just so happens to be a Marvel property. I don't think you have enough to judge whether or not this is crap, and Disney is doing a good job as of recent with Wreck it Ralph and Frozen.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.