Follow

Big Barda

Character » Big Barda appears in 886 issues.

Bred for battle on the hellish world of Apokolips, Big Barda became one of her world's greatest warriors and served as the leader of Darkseid's personal guard, the Female Furies. Eventually Barda found love, and fled Apokolips with her future husband, Mr. Miracle. Barda has since made Earth her primary home and has served as member of the Justice League. She is the daughter of Big Breeda.

Big Barda appreciation. Who thinks she deserves some?

• 161 results
    Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @cosmo111687: I think the "problem" with Big Barda and all the other Fourth World characters, as it stands, it's how there's a serious lack of effort to make that mythos new and interesting for modern era readers, I see fourth world stories and I think about how much drugs Jack Kirby was consuming at the time, it's not bad, but it's a concept that worked for it's era.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#152  Edited By PowerHerc

@Feliciano2040: I don't believe Kirby was doing drugs.

Avatar image for the_ghost_writer
    The Ghost Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sure think so! Both she and Scott need some more love :D. I just posted another thread asking whether or not fellow ComicVine members think they should be the focus of the next DC Showcase Short on a future Direct-to-DVD movie project DC might do. I'd love for Ioan Gruffudd and Farrah Forke to reprise their roles as my favorite DC Couple. Big Barda and Scott Free, the real OTP (One True Pairing).

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By PowerHerc

@The Ghost Writer said:

I sure think so! Both she and Scott need some more love :D. I just posted another thread asking whether or not fellow ComicVine members think they should be the focus of the next DC Showcase Short on a future Direct-to-DVD movie project DC might do. I'd love for Ioan Gruffudd and Farrah Forke to reprise their roles as my favorite DC Couple. Big Barda and Scott Free, the real OTP (One True Pairing).

Cool idea.

bookittygrl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By bookittygrl

Barda Is A BAMF She's Hot Too!! In My Opinion Barda And Scott Should Appear In Young Justice I Mean In The Show They Talk SO MUCH About New Gods Boom Tubes, And Even The Forever People Showed Up!!!!!! Barda Is My Role Model I'm A HUGE Fan Of Her I Even Made An OC Character Named Dana Free (http://emogrl998.deviantart.com/gallery/), Because Of Barda!!!!

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Amegashita: DC threats both Supes and Billy like sheit.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By PowerHerc

@bookittygrl said:

Barda Is A BAMF She's Hot Too!! In My Opinion Barda And Scott Should Appear In Young Justice I Mean In The Show They Talk SO MUCH About New Gods Boom Tubes, And Even The Forever People Showed Up!!!!!! Barda Is My Role Model I'm A HUGE Fan Of Her I Even Made An OC Character Named Dana Free (http://emogrl998.deviantart.com/gallery/), Because Of Barda!!!!

Cool! I checked out your images of Dana.

I assume Dana is the daughter of Scott and Barda; am I right?

lady_toyano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#158  Edited By lady_toyano

She is pretty swank! Id love to pick a title up with her in it with the new 52 in all.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By PowerHerc

@lady_toyano:

Swank, indeed!

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By BlackWind

@cosmo111687 said:

There's nothing not to love about Big Barda. Would love to see a new series with her in it. (Something like "New Furies" or "Valkries", Barda recruits female allies from worlds ravaged by Darkseid in her effort to free the Furies from Granny Goodness. Guest-starring Mr. Miracle.)

This needs to happen, like nao! I've always wanted Barda to lead a new team of powerhouse Female Furies.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would love to see Barda in the New 52, ive always loved the character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.