Follow

Big Barda

Character » Big Barda appears in 882 issues.

Bred for battle on the hellish world of Apokolips, Big Barda became one of her world's greatest warriors and served as the leader of Darkseid's personal guard, the Female Furies. Eventually Barda found love, and fled Apokolips with her future husband, Mr. Miracle. Barda has since made Earth her primary home and has served as member of the Justice League. She is the daughter of Big Breeda.

Big Barda appreciation. Who thinks she deserves some?

• 161 results
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Primmaster64
    @PowerHerc: Superman The Dark Side...its an Elseworld, it came out in the 90's
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Primmaster64:
    Thanks for letting me know.  That'll make finding it easier.
    Avatar image for knightofcydonia
    Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Noctis
    @LightBright said:
    " I love Barda! She's absolutely awesome and I would love, love to see more of her. "
    What she said
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Primmaster64
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Just added her to my list of Sexiest Women. Cant believe I forgot about her.

I think she looked awesome in the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse animation. 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Supreme Marvel said:
    "Just added her to my list of Sexiest Women. Cant believe I forgot about her.  I think she looked awesome in the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse animation.  "

Glad to hear you added her.  When I get around to making my list of favorite DC heroines, Barda will be number one.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Mercy_

Barda's the s#!t.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By sexy_merc

She's aight.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Sexy Merc:
    @The Dark Huntress:

Yes, she is. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @PowerHerc said:
    " @SC: Thanks for the compliments.  I'm glad you're a fan of Barda too.  You're right; Barda as a Marvel character would be cool !  If she was, Herc and her could hook-up. "

It probably wouldn't work out the way I intended, since Marvel does this with their characters too, but I always though they were better at balance with characters. I am not sure if Big Barda could ever really escape the shadow of Diana in a way that I would personally like, but in Marvel maybe... but thats just my flawed perception lol, and like you said, the big draw for me, would be seeing her interact with Hercules, Thor, and actually She Hulk. Both big personalities, She Hulk is a bit camp, Barda is quite good at playing things straight, she would work well off both She Hulk, and Hercules. An almighty power couple if she ever decided to shack him with him or Thor. I am biased as well anyway, since I have a strong urge to generally poach a lot of female characters from DC, because I think they would work there better. Barda is top of the list, Cassandra Cain and Diana follow.  

Also just wanted to note for any lurkers that pass though and haven't read much of Big Barda, try her stint as a member of Birds of Prey, its a very fun read. Hey PowerHerc and any other Barda fan, you read that issue where she is talking to that little girl about Card games? lmao, She is like so into it because its to do with fighting and all that. Really great. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SC  Moderator

Here is the scene I am talking about. Barda and Sin (cool character too) 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

lmao, its great...
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By PowerHerc

Barda moving to Marvel and becoming She-Hulk's straight-woman, huh?  Interesting concept.   

I also like the idea of her hanging out with Marvel's Gods.  She could join the God Squad and save creation alongside Herc, Thor, Snowbird, Hellstorm and Sersi (who could be her sister).  If Barda went to Marvel I'd have her fight Thundra in classic Marvel Hero vs Hero fashion where they slug it out with lots of action but neither can claim a clear victory.  However the story turned out, at the end they would be established as friends/rivals  for future stories.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By PowerHerc
    @SC:
    Yeah, this is pretty cool.  I hadn't seen it before.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SC  Moderator

You know what I mean by that right? Like the comedy aspect lol, I hope I didn't make it sound too Les Yay. Sort of like above scan with Sin, Barda can be quite a funny character, but not in the same way Deadpool or Spider-man, or Hercules is.  

You know its funny you bring up Thundra, because when Barda and Knockout fought, I immediately fight of it being as close as I would come to seeing a Barda and Thundra encounter. Small world huh? Barda in the Godsquad would be instant win for me. Would make a great team, that much greater. 

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65  Edited By Magian
    Barda is a very interesting character. I haven't read much with her but I would like to.

@SC: Cool, I hadn't seen that before.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @PowerHerc said:
    " @SC: Yeah, this is pretty cool.  I hadn't seen it before. "

Didn't read much Birds of Prey? I'll scan in some of Barda's best Birds of Prey moments otherwise and fill this thread to the roof with them. Gail took her in a bit more of a humorous context, but not in a foolish way, and she had some awesome and badass moments, where she was awes inspiring (jumping off Helicopters onto jet fighter planes, casually flicking bullets out of the top layer of her skin with a knife, throwing cars around easy etc)
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By Supreme Marvel

She looked beautiful in Superman/Batman: Supergirl from Krypton.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Magian
    @Supreme Marvel: True. She did look good there.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Mercy_

I love Barda. She's awesome.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @Supreme Marvel: @ComicMan24: Honestly? I liked the look there, that 'character', but, honestly it didn't seem like Barda to me. Michael Turner was and is legend. One of my favorite artists, but his Barda was kind of too skinny, if you get what I mean? Boy hips. She looked almost, she just lacked presence and power, that is so typically associated with Barda. One of the things i like about Barda is that she is voluptuous. Strong, like Wonder Woman, packed with muscle, (I think the American saying built like a s brick house - in the flattering way applies here) but yea, in that arc you talk about, way too skinny for me. I hope other artist don't follow suit. If they created a Big Barda Girl... then they could try for that look maybe? lol 

@The Dark Huntress:  Thats because your like PowerHerc, ALL your favorite characters are awesome, without exception (actually there is one character you like that isn't lol) but you I will guess you became a fan of Big Barda threw Birds of Prey? I was introduced to her there, and backtracked around to pick up other appearances. 
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Magian
    @SC: I do agree that Turner used to draw women a bit too thin, I mean you could see their ribs. But it wasn't bad, I liked her overall. And I do agree that she should look more voluptuous. Actually there is a Big Barda girl, Little Barda. lol
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @SC: I do agree that Turner used to draw women a bit too thin, I mean you could see their ribs. But it wasn't bad, I liked her overall. And I do agree that she should look more voluptuous. Actually there is a Big Barda girl, Little Barda. lol "

Awwh d'awwh, yea, how could I forget? She is such a cutie. Yes she is, yes she is. Uhm... lol, moving on, but yea. Thanks for that man, I had forgot. His Barda, if just a bit wider would have been perfect. just look at the first page of all the pictures PowerHerc put up, I think that was a nice selection because it really exemplifies what she was intended to look like, and is best known as. This broad, sexy, powerful figure. Like She Hulk as well, I think its nice when artists have some variety with body type, and not just height, so yea, I agree with you... agreeing with me lol 

Damn, all this talk of Big Barda makes me really wish she was in an ongoing, maybe even Birds of Prey > ____over exaggerated smiley face is sad and angry____
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Magian
    @SC: lol I think DC is not planning on using the New Gods for a while.
    Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Billy Batson

Damn. Great pics.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Primmaster64

lol

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mercy_
    @SC You would be correct in guessing that ;)
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By PowerHerc
    @SC said:
    " @Supreme Marvel:  @ComicMan24: Honestly? I liked the look there, that 'character', but, honestly it didn't seem like Barda to me. Michael Turner was and is legend. One of my favorite artists, but his Barda was kind of too skinny, if you get what I mean? Boy hips. She looked almost, she just lacked presence and power, that is so typically associated with Barda. One of the things i like about Barda is that she is voluptuous. Strong, like Wonder Woman, packed with muscle, (I think the American saying built like a s brick house - in the flattering way applies here) but yea, in that arc you talk about, way too skinny for me. I hope other artist don't follow suit. If they created a Big Barda Girl... then they could try for that look maybe? lol 

@The Dark Huntress:  Thats because your like PowerHerc, ALL your favorite characters are awesome, without exception (actually there is one character you like that isn't lol) but you I will guess you became a fan of Big Barda threw Birds of Prey? I was introduced to her there, and backtracked around to pick up other appearances.  "

I actually did read a lot of 'Birds of Prey.'  For a while it was one of my favorite books, but I guess I was spoiled by the art of Ed Benes because when he left the series the new art wasn't as good and my interest waned.  I did check out the battle between Barda and Knockout, however. That was a good one.  Not enough female characters have these compelling 'I'm excited to see these two throw down' kind of adversarys.   

Also; I completely agree with Michael Turner's take on Barda being to anemic.  He was a truly great artist, but his strength seemed to lie in rendering the scrawny waif-like late-teen type females.  His Big Barda was way too narrow in the hips and too thin overall.  Artist's like Ed McGuinness, Budd Root and Frank Cho would be best suited for drawing the quintissential Big Barda; tall, thick, powerful and feminine.

I noticed your reply to Dark Huntress above.  I think all my favorite characters are awesome and it's very cool when someone esle agrees.  Thanks.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Primmaster64
    @PowerHerc: Si...thi smight be off topic...did you check out who's playing Supes? Oh and did you get to find The dark Side?
    Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79  Edited By Baddamdog

I miss Barda :(

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @PowerHerc: Si...thi smight be off topic...did you check out who's playing Supes? Oh and did you get to find The dark Side?"

Sure it's off-topic, but yes; I did see the guy that's been cast as Superman.  I saw a pic of him on 'Statue Marvels.' 

I gotta say, maybe Superman isn't a giant and maybe he shouldn't look like a competition bodybuulder, but he is a large, powerfully built man and he should be played by an actor fitting that description.  I don't know how tall or powerfully built Henry Cavill is, but in the pic I saw he looked like a weenie.  I hope he isn't.   

Appartently he's British.  That's quite all right with me as long as he can mimic an American mid-western accent.   

What to you think?
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Primmaster64
    @PowerHerc: He'll have to gain like around 40 lb of muscle...I think and use some special shoes that increase his size. But Yeah Supes should be like you described him.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Primmaster64:
    Well at least facially he looks right.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Primmaster64
    @PowerHerc: You think?
    No Caption Provided
    Hey sir, would you like some scansof Superman Darkside?
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Primmaster64:
    The hair could be a little tighter (like KC Supes, imo), but yes this isn't to bad. 

I would like to see some Superman Dark Side scans if you want to post some.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Primmaster64
    @PowerHerc: If he looks like the pic I just posted then i am all for it.

Alright.
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#86  Edited By MrDirector786

I think she deserves respect.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " @SC: lol I think DC is not planning on using the New Gods for a while. "

I see.... so who is this DC, and how many times will I have to ring them early in the morning to play Air Supply to them, before they give in to my demands and let Barda appear again?  

Oh, and speaking of casting, we have any good actress choices for Barda if she ever got to appear on the big screen? 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @MrDirector786 said:
    " I think she deserves respect. "

I think Barda commands respect, ^_~ and if that doesn't work, she thwacks the respect out of the person lacking. 
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PowerHerc
    @SC said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
     I see.... so who is this DC, and how many times will I have to ring them early in the morning to play Air Supply to them, before they give in to my demands and let Barda appear again?    Oh, and speaking of casting, we have any good actress choices for Barda if she ever got to appear on the big screen?  "

I think Monica Belluci would make a great Barda.   
    She looks the part and her Italian accent wouldn't be a hindrance because she wouldn't be playing an American.
    What do you think? 

Monica Belluci
    Monica Belluci

Monica Belluci
    Monica Belluci
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#90  Edited By Kairan1979

I think Barda deserves more appreciation. In the recent DC comics I've only saw her on the pages of Booster Gold (when he traveied to the past where Scott and Barda were with JLI).

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Kairan1979:
    i haven't seen that.  Did they give her a worthwhile part?  Did they do her justice?
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#92  Edited By Kairan1979
    @PowerHerc:
    check Booster Gold #34-36 and see for yourself.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Kairan1979:
    Ok.
    kingoftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#94  Edited By kingoftheworld

She is THE best. Bring Back Barda.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By PowerHerc

No Caption Provided

@kingoftheworld
    said:
    "
                    She is THE best. Bring Back Barda.
                "

Yes, she certainly is!  And here she is . . .
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Kallarkz
    @PowerHerc said:
    " @SC said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
     I see.... so who is this DC, and how many times will I have to ring them early in the morning to play Air Supply to them, before they give in to my demands and let Barda appear again?    Oh, and speaking of casting, we have any good actress choices for Barda if she ever got to appear on the big screen?  "

I think Monica Belluci would make a great Barda.   
    She looks the part and her Italian accent wouldn't be a hindrance because she wouldn't be playing an American.
    What do you think? 

"
    she would be PERFECT for that role.
    kingoftheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#97  Edited By kingoftheworld
    @PowerHerc:
    Awesome. Is that yours?
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By PowerHerc

@kingoftheworld:

Nope.  I can't say that it is, but I wish it was.

@Kallarkz:
    Glad to know you agree.  Thanks.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I think we should get a new Mr. Miracle and Big Barda series
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Mercy_
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    "
    I think we should get a new Mr. Miracle and Big Barda series
    "
    YES

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.