Was Pre-Retcon Beyonder truly equal to the TOAA?

#1 Edited by Devias (297 posts) - - Show Bio

I like to think that the true gods of the comic universes as an enigma. However, PR Beyonder pops up in my mind and destroys this notion.

1. Was PR Beyonder truly equal to the TOAA?
2. Can any of the true gods of the omniverses (TOAA, Presence, Man of Miracles) beat PR Beyonder?
3. Can anyone, the true gods of the omniverses notwithstanding (TOAA, Presence, Man of Miracles) beat PR Beyonder?
#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

1. No
2. Yes, all of them.

#3 Edited by King_Anti_Monitor (30 posts) - - Show Bio

1. No. TOAA is powerful than PRB.
2. Yes. even The Living Tribunal was powerful than PRB/
3. Yes

#4 Posted by AssertingValor (5410 posts) - - Show Bio

PR beyonder was suposed to be above omnipotence somehow............
#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13626 posts) - - Show Bio
@ebuchanan said:
PR beyonder was suposed to be above omnipotence somehow............

thats an oxymoron, you cant be above omnipotence
#6 Posted by AssertingValor (5410 posts) - - Show Bio

He was from a  relm with out physical laws like our universe,  suposivly this gave him greater abilities.................
#7 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio
If he was omnipotent he could never have been defeated, so no he was nowhere close.
#8 Posted by AssertingValor (5410 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry i cannot hit the reply button 

When was he defeated...........
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
1. No2. Yes, all of them.
#10 Posted by Enemybird (3278 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont like the fact that a mere man "molecule man" was able the stand up to him.

#11 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he was never truly that powerful. His former "super-feats" were simply his imagination.

#12 Posted by yeimsick (19 posts) - - Show Bio

He Killed Death, so yeah he was omnipotent.

#13 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

Only when Jim Shooter is writing

#14 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@King_Anti_Monitor said:

1. No. TOAA is powerful than PRB. 2. Yes. even The Living Tribunal was powerful than PRB/ 3. Yes
#16 Posted by the_mighty_Beyonder (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Devias said:

I like to think that the true gods of the comic universes as an enigma. However, PR Beyonder pops up in my mind and destroys this notion.
1. Was PR Beyonder truly equal to the TOAA?
2. Can any of the true gods of the omniverses (TOAA, Presence, Man of Miracles) beat PR Beyonder?
3. Can anyone, the true gods of the omniverses notwithstanding (TOAA, Presence, Man of Miracles) beat PR Beyonder?

1. no one can tell, if he was less powerful than TOAA or equal, PR Beyonder was stated by Stan lee to be omnipotent, but the meaning of omnipotent is debatable.

2. it would be mostly stalemate.

3. no, it would be stalemate.

i read all of the replies here, and i can tell that most of them say lies or assemptions. but no clear evidence to anything.

Firstly, PR Beyonder was never defeated in combat, no one can defeat him. what happened in the last issue of Secret Wars 2 is not a defeat.

2nd : Living Tribunal isn't stronger than PR Beyonder who say that is either a delusive or an ignorant. PR Beyonder is stronger than all Marvel universe and its beings combined by far.

3rd. PR Beyonder was stated clearly to be omnipotent in almost every issue of Secret Wars 1 & 2, so you can't deny it, and he was controling the existence of all Marvel Universe by merely his imagination, no one in the moderne comics is witt such power except TOAA.

4th. who said that PR Molecule Man was able the stand up to him,is also wrong!! because Beyonder was limiting his powers, and he stated that he didn't want to hurt him, and also Molecule Man stated himself that the infinite difference in power between him and Beyonder is like the infinite difference between Captain America and Molecule Man. can you imagine that Captain America could stand up to Molecule Man?? it would be shamefully ridiculous to say yes.

5th. PR Beyonder was TOAA before TOAA was established, there was no character of TOAA before or at the time of Secret Wars 1 & 2.

6th. Beyonder was TOAA before creation or with more precise words, he was God before genesis, as the writer and ex Head of Marvel HQ Jim shooter said.

7th. according to Stan Lee PR Beyonder was TOAA of his own actuality, the purpose of his original existence was to explain the existence of the other comic companies and their own universal laws and structure with their own supreme beings.

So what is the conclusion, the PR Beyonder is the God of an other reality beyond Marvel Universe, just like DC Universe, Image Universe, Shueisha Universe, Wildstorm Universe. which make him pretty likely as omnipotent as TOAA, Presence, and Man of Miracles.

#17 Posted by BEYONDERGOD (1365 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the_mighty_beyonder answered it he was infact a omni.

#18 Posted by galactus1967 (562 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened in secret wars 2 was indeed a defeat, he allowed a situation that he could be defeated!That is not an omnipotent being.This tells me he is not perfect,like God(or T.O.A.A in the marvel universe.Also,I can sense that the pre-retcon Beyonder will be back in the next secret wars.And eventually fight Thanos with the infinity gauntlet,it will be the ultimate pay per view of all time!!!!

#19 Edited by josephgomes619 (75 posts) - - Show Bio

If Beyonder is weaker than TOAA, what was TOAA doing when Beyonder took ovee marvel multiverse and became God? Doesn't that mean TOAA is also not omnipotent?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.