beyonder???????????????????

#1 Posted by emperorvulcan432 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

can someone plzz answer this for me? i dont know much about the beyonder, and i keep hearing people say he used to be like god of the universe and now hes not as powerful,i dont understand anythis,can someone plzzz put into a summary of what the beyonder is?how powerul did use to be?what changed?
#2 Posted by ThunderShade (137 posts) - - Show Bio

He had power over all of reality, but only his reality on Battleworld

#3 Posted by JediXMan (30615 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-Retcon: Beyonder was second only to the One Above All (some say they're equal, but I disagree. I think the One Above All is stronger)

Post-Retcon: Beyonder is a shadow of his former self. He's still powerful, but not as powerful. Not quite sure where I'd place him on the Cosmic scale now.

#4 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder/Maker is one of the Marvel Universes most powerful reality warpers (among other things). It was explained in Thanos #10 that for whatever reason it has taken a mortal form and was last seen in the Kyln (the jail that surrounded the Crunch.. it also held The Fallen - Galactus's first herald, and the chaos mite Skreet). It was never fully explained why. In the end of that story arc Thanos had mind-whipped (for lack of a better term) the Beyonder, which Gladiator used to keep the Beyonder under control. Now the question is when the Annihilation Wave destroyed the prison what happened to the Beyonder's mortal form, as Thanos said destroy the prison.. set the prisoner free. Will it return to haunt the MU once again.... can the cosmos take something on the Beyonder's level after all of this cosmic strife?

#5 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" Pre-Retcon: Beyonder was second only to the One Above All (some say they're equal, but I disagree. I think the One Above All is stronger)  Post-Retcon: Beyonder is a shadow of his former self. He's still powerful, but not as powerful. Not quite sure where I'd place him on the Cosmic scale now. "
They only made the TOAA recently to emulate god right?
#6 Posted by emperorvulcan432 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

what about the beyonder we saw sitting aroun with molecule man siege.????????????????????
#7 Posted by JediXMan (30615 posts) - - Show Bio
@emperorvulcan432 said:
" what about the beyonder we saw sitting aroun with molecule man siege.???????????????????? "
It was nothing. Just a made up "friend" for Molecule Man, just like Dormammu, Enchantress, and the other things sitting around him. They just looked like them; didn't have the same personality nor the same power. Wasn't the real Beyonder.

@Nerx said:
" @JediXMan said:
" Pre-Retcon: Beyonder was second only to the One Above All (some say they're equal, but I disagree. I think the One Above All is stronger)  Post-Retcon: Beyonder is a shadow of his former self. He's still powerful, but not as powerful. Not quite sure where I'd place him on the Cosmic scale now. "
They only made the TOAA recently to emulate god right? "

The One Above All appeared in Doctor Strange #13, which came out in 1976. So he's not new.
#8 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: When did beyonder debut and did TOAA have the same role back then
#9 Posted by JediXMan (30615 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx: 

The Beyonder appeared in Secret Wars #1 (1984). So the One Above All appeared first. But, to your second question, I do not know if he still had that status back then.
#10 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: And beyonder was like jim shooter who was kinda like the boss back then
#11 Posted by emperorvulcan432 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

k thanks guys i understand now
#12 Posted by Pr_Beyonder (2440 posts) - - Show Bio
@emperorvulcan432:
for more info the wiki has alot of useful info

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.