'Beware the Batman' on Break Until 2014

• 84 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (34898 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it looks like Batman doesn't always win... at least not when it comes to television. The last episode of Beware the Batman was abruptly pulled and so began speculation over what that meant. There's no way Cartoon Network could already be cancelling another DC property, right? Thankfully, the voice of Batman, Anthony Ruivivar, took to Twitter to assure fans that the show isn't dead like Batman's parents. Instead, it's on hiatus until January, 2014.

Additionally, Beware the Batman isn't on Cartoon Network's official schedule for this Saturday.

This does come at a really odd time since BEWARE THE BATMAN #1 comes out this Wednesday (we'll likely have a review) and the show had a variety of toys released over at McDonald's. We even spotted a rather awesome action figure based on this animated version of the Dark Knight at a retailer last week, too. We're reaching out to our contact to see if we can find out why the show was yanked and we'll update you if/when a statement becomes available. Batman, however, did provide Comic Vine with his response.

Disappointing news, sure, but on the flip side, at least we know the show wasn't swiftly cancelled.

#1 Edited by AlKusanagi (651 posts) - - Show Bio

I just didn't enjoy the show at all. I would gladly cancel 100 Bewares for a new proper DCAU series.

#2 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

If memory serves though, a similar thing was happening with Young Justice before it was confirmed completely cancelled. Just saying...

#3 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the show alright, but I wouldn't have been heartbroken over it being cancelled in favor of a different show. I also really dislike that animation style... Can we get the same animation they have for the animated movies and had for Young Justice..? That'd be great.

#4 Posted by Squalleon (4850 posts) - - Show Bio

meh...I don't care.

#5 Posted by EvilPenguin543 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like Young Justice all over again!

#6 Posted by tigerex78 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

As has been said this happened to Young Justice as well. Makes you wonder. This makes room for more shows like Uncle Grandpa and Annoying Orange(Said with enormous amounts of sarcasm). Though Comic Vine is correct that the show was not swiftly cancelled, Cartoon Network has a habit of slowly killing popular shows like Young Justice, Green Lantern, Thundercats, and Symbionic Titan.

#7 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

aaaaaaah....

#8 Edited by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

@tigerex78 said:

Cartoon Network has a habit of slowly killing popular shows like Young Justice, Green Lantern, Thundercats, and Symbionic Titan.

Aw man I really liked those shows... And I had completely forgotten about Thundercats. :(

#9 Edited by Saren (25058 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by SmoothJammin (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

And so it begins,

#11 Posted by D_Knight (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont like how inconsistant CN has been especially when they dont give any reason behind it. they should have been able to get ahead of it and say they are giving new fans ti catch up or something

#12 Posted by LiveForever (312 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprisingly decent show. It's no Batman: TAS, OF COURSE. Nothing will ever be like that again as much as it pains me to admit.

Shame that a "decent" show is the cream of the crop as far as comic book cartoons go. Still miss Earth's Mightiest Heroes... mightily.

#13 Posted by TenEyedMen (218 posts) - - Show Bio

What a damn shame. The best comic book show to currently air and now we can't even have THAT.

#14 Posted by The Stegman (25965 posts) - - Show Bio

We know what happens when CN decides to put a show on "break" its cancellation is nigh.

#15 Posted by frankcal460 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it's time to start looking elsewhere to broadcast these DC animated series.

#16 Posted by MrMazz (1061 posts) - - Show Bio

Blame Stuart Snyder the current manager of CN. He's been slowly moving them away from expensive action cartoons and more into the "comedy" realm for a while now. How annoying.

Well at least I'll get to sleep in on Saturdays a bit more.

#17 Posted by MrMazz (1061 posts) - - Show Bio

@d_knight: their demo is the 8-14 ish kids don't care if they've seen an episode 1 or 100 times they'll just watch it because it's on. That's how I was. That's also how Cartoon Network makes most of it's money by giving a series an order of say 20 episode and than just plastering them every where to fill holes in the line up and still get good ad sales. Notice that Young Justice Green Lantern: TAS and Beware the Batman are only aired on Saturday and than on Sunday. Compared to Adventure Time, TTG, and all their other comedic short stuff which is on all the darn time.

#18 Posted by cobra88king8 (339 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to see Cartoon Network drowning this show too. They really hate DC over there

#19 Posted by Black_Claw (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this will convince DC to air their shows on the hub from now on. This just proves an action show has no chance of surviving on CN unless it has "Ben 10" in the title. Ugh.

#20 Posted by Deranged Midget (17962 posts) - - Show Bio

The show was really picking up and I began to grow into the characters, especially the varied perspectives of Batman's abilities.

#21 Posted by Herokiller12344 (997 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: Why Ben 10 gets 4 different shows is beyond me.

#22 Posted by HumanRocket (9297 posts) - - Show Bio

It only took me one the first ten minutes of the show for me to make up my mind that i wasn't going to keep watching it. Please give me something new.

#23 Edited by Captain13 (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will miss this? We need a new high quality DC show, and I have a feeling DC will try a new Justice League cartoon.

Can't do that and have a Batman show on because of the Bat-Embargo.

We don't need any more cheap-looking 3d shows.

#24 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they cancelled this pile of crap this show was not even close to awesome as the Green Lantern animated series.

#25 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (23770 posts) - - Show Bio

But I am not surprised really. What to expect from Cartoon Network at this point?

#26 Edited by IanPrime (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I ain't even mad.

#27 Posted by RustyRoy (13829 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing its not cancelled.

#28 Edited by Captain13 (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@alkusanagi said:

I just didn't enjoy the show at all. I would gladly cancel 100 Bewares for a new proper DCAU series.

Me too. It seems like every time Bruce Timm/Greg Weisman/Brandon Vietti is not involved with a DC cartoon, it sucks. For example:

The Batman

-Legion of Superheroes

-Batman The Brave and The Bold

-Beware The Batman

The original Teen Titans show is the exception.

And, to be fair, the current Marvel shows suck too.

#29 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13:

Batman Brave and the bold was good it had good action and it had great humor for all ages but Beware the Batman just sucks

#30 Posted by Captain13 (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully this will convince DC to air their shows on the hub from now on. This just proves an action show has no chance of surviving on CN unless it has "Ben 10" in the title. Ugh.

HUB is much better about action shows. They even tried to buy a new season of Batman Beyond with the old cast, but CN through a fit about it apparently. CN really sucks. They show DC shows 2 days a week, don't advertise them, and don't advertise the toys. Fail. Why can't someone reign them in?

#31 Posted by Jimmie_Hudson_ (295 posts) - - Show Bio

another show is on hiatus. wow. and they say dc is beating marvel when it comes to cartoons

#32 Posted by Wilbertus (357 posts) - - Show Bio

the show isn't dead like Batman's parents.

Take that, Bruce!!

#33 Edited by CaptainHoopla (1184 posts) - - Show Bio

So DC animated's expectations and patience are just as bad as DC Comics. Lets start a new series and cancel (or at best relaunch) it after six or seven issues/episodes if it doesn't immediately sell a million copies/have a million viewers.

#34 Posted by lifeofvibe (3513 posts) - - Show Bio

@jimmie_hudson_: they are when it comes to both there records and history with animated cartoons and at the moment marvel is sort of lame and the moment the only good cartoon is teen titans go wich is sad

#35 Edited by Black_Claw (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw said:

HUB is much better about action shows. They even tried to buy a new season of Batman Beyond with the old cast, but CN through a fit about it apparently. CN really sucks. They show DC shows 2 days a week, don't advertise them, and don't advertise the toys. Fail. Why can't someone reign them in?

Lol wut? Batman Beyond has aired any new episodes in over a decade, why would CN be mad? And I agree, it's high time we get a new JL cartoon. But as I said, put it on the hub since Stuart Synder has a massive hate boner for action shows that aren't Ben 10.

#36 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really watched his show.

So MEH.............

#37 Posted by SynCig (613 posts) - - Show Bio

UGH! It sucks that DC's CN properties seem to get delays and all this so frequently. Reminds me of the horribly inconsistent schedule for the last season of Young Justice. I don't have a problem with Teen Titans GO necessarily but if none of the plot driven shows can last then we may end up with nothing but silly shows like that one.

#38 Posted by SynCig (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@jimmie_hudson_: In terms of quality DC is wrecking Marvel with their cartoons. I can't stand any of the Marvel cartoons that are currently on. With that said, they seem to have much more backing from Disney than DC gets from Cartoon Network.

#39 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7978 posts) - - Show Bio

eh I quit on this show after epsiode4-5. There's no good MARVEL/DC cartoons I enjoy anymore :(

#40 Posted by deadpool25mm (614 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by TDK_1997 (15059 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't watched the show after episode 2 so I cna't say that I am really sad about the brake it's taking.

#42 Posted by Jimmie_Hudson_ (295 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by patrat18 (10837 posts) - - Show Bio

But I am not surprised really. What to expect from Cartoon Network at this point?

same.

#44 Edited by ptigrusmagus (495 posts) - - Show Bio

First off I wish DC was with anyone else besides Cartoon Network. CN cares more about absolute GARBAGE like Uncle Grandpa and children's shows than they do helping the DCU succeed. CN does not care about the DCU. That being said BtB should add some villains who actually matter to the episodes. Not 10 second cameos at the end, write stories for villains that are compelling. Art is OK.

#45 Edited by tigerex78 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

@alkusanagi: Do you have some suggestions? I am curious to hear your ideas.

#46 Edited by Captain13 (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13 said:

@black_claw said:

Lol wut? Batman Beyond has aired any new episodes in over a decade, why would CN be mad? And I agree, it's high time we get a new JL cartoon. But as I said, put it on the hub since Stuart Synder has a massive hate boner for action shows that aren't Ben 10.

Because HUB is a competitor. They're owned by Hasbro. CN is owned by the same people as DC: Time Warner. And DC cartoons have their (shi***y) toys made on the cheapest of the cheap by Mattel.

#47 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS!! A cartoon you really like starts going on hiatus like this, then one new episode and back to hiatus for another month or more, THEN, after doing torturing fans like that for about half a year, the people in charge decide to cancel FOR NO REAL REASON!! Then they'll a huge fuss over the next cartoon they're making and the circle of jerking us poor people around continues. It's happened before, it will happen AGAIN!!

#48 Posted by Black_Claw (3075 posts) - - Show Bio

@captain13: Then why do Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Animaniacs, and Batman Beyond air on the hub then?

#49 Edited by wade_wilson22 (75 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7978 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.